Starfield - Fallout fallout that isn't ES6

Cybsled

The paid mods/creation club are more for the console plebs that can't use things like Nexus. The only game they haven't allowed mods in really is Fallout76 and that is because it is online only /w PVP as an option and there are no private servers.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry, I forgot I am speaking with people who value feels over facts and logic

You are such a cute little red headed step child around here :) I admire you for not living in the something awful forums where you would live in a bubble of mental illness. Proud of you. You are taking steps into the very facts and logic that is abundantly missing in other areas of the internet by staying here. Carry on my wayward son. Carry on.

I would love to see Frank "feels good feels right" skip into starfield via the mental illness metaverse from Mass Effect. Poor "Frank". No one played that game and even his/her/its own kind on the other side of the keyboard ripped the ever living shit out of "Frank".

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It also is used when the gender is irrelevant or doesn't even need to be mentioned

"What happened to them?"
"They tripped on a rock"

You are aware that usage of the word in that setting existed long before it became some culture war bullshit, right? You've probably used it yourself in that sense thousands of times and have developed amnesia of even doing that I suppose

Wrong. We have a pronoun for singular things that are not he or she. IT. So if these mentally deluded people want to not be he or she then the proper pronouns are it/it. For example "It needs to go help us rescue the captives!" or "It cannot rescue the captives by itself!" That is so everyone knows we are talking about a singular, named individual and not one of an unnumbered group.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
And we all know what "it" really means:

1686927278179.png

Not too mentally sound when referring to human beings.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Do you have another F16 to call in for a tactical strike, or did you burn all your cruise missiles taking out the last fag.

• 1Double Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There realistically is only 2 uses for it in the game

1) A NPC is referring to you in the third person and not by name or some other label (like pirate, asshole, spy, etc). Such as "We found him in the cargo bay" "We found her in the cargo bay" "We found them in the cargo bay"
2) A NPC is attempting to address you by a formal title that is typically assigned to a specific gender/sex. So Mister, Misses, Madam, etc.

If you look back at prior Fallout/Morrowwind games going back 25 years or so that have lots of spoken dialogue, they will have NPCs do that, but it isn't very common. Which makes sense - it reduces the number of spoken variables needed in a conversation. In most cases, the conversation is going to be completely identical with minor nuanced changes that make it slightly more customized to whatever character you are playing.

So while you're all freaking out, realistically them adding some neutral pronoun isn't going to change much, because they barely used regular gendered pronouns in their other games in the larger scheme of things due to the extra work it took and already used genderless options previously because they could just use them universally. The only thing that has changed is they are making some flagged option during character creation that eliminates the variable dialogue.
In the past, what I think you are trying to say would make some sense. Reduce the number of dialogue options by just having all npcs refer to the main character with genderless pronouns. I am sure I have played games where they did that, and I didn't care one bit (partly because no one cared back then, but also because I could see the reason for it). However, your argument falls apart because they are SPECIFICALLY asking for your pronouns, thus making it impossible to fall back on the generic genderless ones, and forcing them to create a system that uses the one you picked instead of just writing a fucking sentence without having to insert a variable into it.

I'm no programmer, but I would imagine it isn't that difficult to change the sentence "He/She is a faggot" to "<Pronoun1> is a faggot" but you're still forcing a mechanism that is bound to result in some awkward dialogue (because there is no way they could structure it to encompass every single made up, delusional pronoun these faggots come up with) simply because they want some virtue signal points.

Yet you're arguing that this is somehow better or easier?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In the past, what I think you are trying to say would make some sense. Reduce the number of dialogue options by just having all npcs refer to the main character with genderless pronouns. I am sure I have played games where they did that, and I didn't care one bit (partly because no one cared back then, but also because I could see the reason for it). However, your argument falls apart because they are SPECIFICALLY asking for your pronouns, thus making it impossible to fall back on the generic genderless ones, and forcing them to create a system that uses the one you picked instead of just writing a fucking sentence without having to insert a variable into it.

I'm no programmer, but I would imagine it isn't that difficult to change the sentence "He/She is a faggot" to "<Pronoun1> is a faggot" but you're still forcing a mechanism that is bound to result in some awkward dialogue (because there is no way they could structure it to encompass every single made up, delusional pronoun these faggots come up with) simply because they want some virtue signal points.

Someday soon, AI dialogue will just do all of this automatically.

• 1Like

Caliane

voicing would be the issue currenty. till we get more deepfaking.

Starsector is fun for this. it actually does do this.

Char creation you can choose honorific. (older versions were amusing, since it was based on portrait expressly. and many of them are fully helmeted. people would pick the wrong gender without knowing it.)
honorific.jpg

then when you form a faction, you get a full on set of options to set how it should be used in a sentence.
faction1.jpg

Quest scripts then all refer to this.

Cybsled

During the direct thing, they mentioned the robot would say your name. I wonder if it will be a Cogsworth in FO4 where they had a list of canned names or if they will actually auto generate in this

velk

Trakanon Raider
During the direct thing, they mentioned the robot would say your name. I wonder if it will be a Cogsworth in FO4 where they had a list of canned names or if they will actually auto generate in this

Speech synthesis has come a loong way in the last few years, seems like an easy win, especially given the in-game speaker is a robot anyway.

• 1Like

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Literally nothing changes in romance options in games if they let you do pair ups with same sex. It’s not like your character gets fucking pregnant. Besides, let’s be honest, most of that probably comes from guys playing female characters and wanting to romance other female characters. Look how annoyed even people on this forum were when female V couldn’t hook up with Panam in Cyberpunk
Wait, I was thinking about this. It’s doesn’t matter when it’s a RPG, It’s a role playing game. You can have the relationship or not. I think fable is the only game where a relationship can play out to get a kid

my problem is game that have the autism need to give pronouns and sexual orientation to characters when that doesn’t matter to the game. Best example is overwatch and apex legend where I’m just shooting, there is no value in the character’s relationship outside of the game.

• 1Like

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
The vast majority of people are so sick of all the anti-truth tranny and gender shit (and more), you see that on any platform that allows people to vote and speak freely (so not reddit). So they're not doing this for the non-existant majority that might want this, it really is an "eat the bugs" demoralization thing.
Real life is about to hit a lot of people and it will not matter to them and everyone. Queer baiting and self-righteousness should slow down in the 2030’s. A change in wealth and culture will be a big factor. We are seeing this change in the number lower class and working people who are tried of it and the fact that every self righteous “movement” is against them, look how hogwart worked out on release. Climate change to gun control is an attack on normal people, with no true solutions

but… I’m being very positive and looking at history repeat itself, nothing is new. Keep your head down and don’t eat the bug.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Who the fuck is being alienated by using "they" in RP settings? It's a normal English pronoun. JFC it isn't like they are sticking in some made up words or whatever the fuck

Are you really this retarded?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Guess this has gotten some people upset: Beth signed with AMD, so no official DLSS for this title (probably). Just payed over $1000 for a new card? Well, Todd said you can get fucked!

Good news is, a modder, who has added it to other games, said he will be able to add support for it.

2023-07-07 09.15.45 www.techspot.com 3a4f6afe2a0a.png

2023-07-07 09.15.54 www.techspot.com 6c9d8ecb63e9.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dumb decision, yes, but best thing about bethesda games is that it will get modded in and the mod will prob work and be 100% better than bethesda would ever implement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dumb decision, yes, but best thing about bethesda games is that it will get modded in and the mod will prob work and be 100% better than bethesda would ever implement.

This. If they follow the Skyrim model, that's ideal imo. A couple substantial, quality DLCs and then maybe an engine update or two later (Skyrim Special Edition for example). Other than that, let the mod authors do their thing and get to work on TES6.

This is the one for Skyrim, I think they're still working on compatibility with ENB from both ends.

• 1Like