Steam Deals and Digital Sales

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It was, by far, the best AC game, in my opinion. I really enjoyed it.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Forest is on sale this weekend through Steam for 10ish. Granted it's early access. I will most likely not even check it out til it is release-ready, but the premise seemed cool and a discount is a discount. Steam really does have my number =/

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
After buying Planetary Annihilation, I'll never buy another early release game again.

The whole model of selling early access to games is fucked up and one of the worst trends to come into existence in a long, long time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah it seems like most early access is "Here is a product that is kind of finished. Give us a ton of money so we can drag our feet and not deliver on promises."

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pretty much, not to mention early access to Planetary Annihilation was $69.99, I got it when it was on a holiday sale for $45 and when it released FINALLY it was $29.99 and much like you mentioned, a lot of promises were not delivered. Wasteland 2 was much the same way. It's to the point where anytime I see early access for sale I not only avoid the game, I never play it when it releases either. It's a dishonest model for doing things but people are dumb enough to keep falling for it so it's not going anywhere anytime soon, I get it. Just....ugh.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've had some pretty good luck with the early access games I've picked up (on sale): Unepic, Prison Architect, Broforce, Starbound, and divinity.

spronk

FPS noob
the three things not worth paying money for in video games: collectors editions, early access, and season passes. some rare exceptions, but can pretty much count them on one hand

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Its not on sale....but has anyone played Worlds of Magic? It's a successor to my favorite computer game of all time (Master of Magic) and seems to be getting good reviews. Was hoping someone here had played it.

Rime

<Donor>
Its not on sale....but has anyone played World of Magic? It's a successor to my favorite computer game of all time (Master of Magic) and seems to be getting good reviews. Was hoping someone here had played it.
I did not even know about this game and now I hate you, because I am tempted to buy into another Early Access game, after I was burnt so badly by Towns.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I know those feels man, I know those feels. I keep forcing myself to wait longer and longer and hope it'll be on the holiday sale and maybe pick it up then.

It's getting harder and harder to wait though.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
When is the Steam fall sale? There was a leak on Reddit putting the dates as Oct 29 - ? but things have been really quiet since then.

Edit: It runs Oct 29th - Nov 3rd.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Civ BE 75% off
wink.png

This time I'm prepared. Large Wishlist, no more impulse buys.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, Borderlands The Pre Sequel is the only game I've bought for my computer in the last 8 months specifically because of wanting to wait for the holiday sales.