Steam Deals and Digital Sales

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its not that people hate it, its just that Overwatch ruins all.
It just had cosmically bad launch timing. They should have postponed it 6 months to a year to let the initial overwatch frenzy die off.

Not sure what is going on with random dupe messages today sorry.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
bundle stars new sega bundle is pretty good, 5-20 keys for $2-5
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/promo...nesis-pick-mix

each comes as a seperate steam activation key although most get put into the sega mega drive & genesis classics single game (as DLCs). I owned a bunch but still picked up Golden Axe III, Phantasy Star III, Wonder Boy in Monster World, Streets of Rage 3, Beyond Oasis, Dynamite Headdy, Phantasy Star IV, Revenge of the Shinobi, Vectorman 2, Phantasy Star II

also this is a fantastic bundle if you haven't picked it up yet
https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...gends-4-bundle
That sega stuff is awesome...Shining force brings back memories man. I didn't have a Genesis, had Super Nintendo instead (Specifically for the RPGs), so I couldn't play Shining Force at home. Had to play it at a friends house but was never able to finish anything but the first one. Same with Phantasy Star (Only played 2).

Brings back memories.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Hmm, can't seem to get it to process a payment in Bundle Stars, anyone else having issues (Want to see if its them). Paypal, mastercard and Visa won't work.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking forward to a new game to drop on Steam next week on July 28 called This Is The Police. I'm mostly interested because I remember playing Hill Street Blues in the early 90's and this seems like the closest thing to come out since then.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
We Happy Few launched in Early Access today.

It has one of the strongest narrative openings I've seen in a video game for awhile.

My understanding is randomly generated survival game with a strong narrative (story segments are not randomly generated)

Check it out, guys. Big Bioshock feel from this one.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
PS3 was, by far, the worst of the bunch. You can only go up from there. PS1 and 2 are a couple of my all-time favorites.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
PS3 was definitely the worst - although you do have to applaud them for trying something new with the generations system. As a kid I personally did every path because I had nothing better to do. I felt it was still a good game, but the art style was vastly different than the other 3, the sound was a bunch of thuds and bumps, and the story was a bit weak. Still good.

PS2 is my favorite with PS1 right behind it - I wouldn't be able to choose which is better, I seem to change my answer all the time.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I did all the timelines on PS3 as well, so clearly it was "good enough". I've never played it again, though. I've played all the others at least a couple times.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've never actually played them. They're included in the Playstation3 Genesis collection I have maybe I'll try them out at some point.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'd say start with PS1 but just be prepared for Master System graphics - actually you'll think the graphics are a lot better than Nintendo.

If that bothers you too much you can just start on PS2, you don't really miss much back story. Also you have to unlock PS1 on Genesis Collections by playing 2player on Sonic or something.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'd say start with PS1 but just be prepared for Master System graphics - actually you'll think the graphics are a lot better than Nintendo.

If that bothers you too much you can just start on PS2, you don't really miss much back story. Also you have to unlock PS1 on Genesis Collections by playing 2player on Sonic or something.
I wanted to give Phantasy Star 1 a run-through, but I made the mistake of playing the GameBoy Advance port, which has a very unfortunate bug that, every time you save the game, either saves the game normally or crashes the game completely (without saving). Needless to say, it made the game unplayable. I'd love to play the PlayStation 2 remake (which I own), but my Japanese isn't anywhere near good enough to play through a text-heavy RPG.

54237_front.jpg