Steam Deals and Digital Sales

spronk

FPS noob
i'd only play watch dogs if you have already finished skyrim, fallout 3 & NV, far cry 4, assassins creed 2 & 4, shadows of mordor, dragon age 1 & inquisition, all the mass effects, saints row 2-4, and GTA3-5. those are all much, much better open sandbox games

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You forgot Sleeping Dogs in there. (and I'd consider it and Sleeping Dogs equivalent - and worth better placing than you gave it)

It wasn't great, but it was certainly playable and an engaging ride - albeit forgettable once you're done.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd rank Sleeping Dogs as second only to Saint's Row 2 for last gen's GTA-style sandbox games.

"Instantly forgettable" is really all that needs to be said about Watch Dogs. I remember hating the story by about the 75% mark though. I got it for $25 at release day, didn't have any of the technical problems that a lot of people did, didn't have much in the way of expectations, and still kind of regretted it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Watch Dogs worth $20? DLC worth?

As for stuff I recommend I highly, highly recommend Settlers 7. It is a complete macro focused RTS. You don't really have army battles you just have a general who has units under him and you send them on fights you don't really have control over. It has a fairly deep and compelling economy that takes a while to really get the hang of and then again takes a while to master. Even playing the AI is pretty tough. I really, really enjoy it and if you like economy focused RTS it is really a great game.

I also highly recommend Anno. Very, very similar to Settlers 7. But overall I enjoyed Settlers 7 more. Anno I played almost more like a Civ game and I found the warfare tedious. The economy in that game is so complicated that having to deal with army battles just added another layer of headache I chose not to partake.
Uhh here it is + all DLC for $6

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PC Digital Download) $6 - Green Man Gaming Deals, Coupons and Promos

Also Alien Isolation for $13

Alien: Isolation (PC Digital Download) $13 - Green Man Gaming Deals, Coupons and Promos

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was thinking of grabbing heroes 6 + xpacs till I heard about the terrible Uplay shit with it.
Heroes 6 sucks. This is coming from someone who even enjoyed Heroes V. The games are buggy as fuck and CTD and hard lockups are more a concern than connecting to uPlay.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sleeping Dogs was my favorite GTA-style game in forever. As far as sandbox games go, there's better, but as far as GTA games go it's pretty much the newest good one :p

chantmaster

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heroes 6 sucks. This is coming from someone who even enjoyed Heroes V. The games are buggy as fuck and CTD and hard lockups are more a concern than connecting to uPlay.
Unwillingness to fix the bugs/lockups caused by some asshat patch, you were forced to install because of fun-times uPlay DRM soured me.
I actually had a somewhat good time playing on and off, saving often, when uPlay was not down or disconnecting me, but then came the patch of all evilness, after which it was freezing almost every time entering a city.
They left it like that for atleast 3 months, till i gave up on it and moved on.

I'm somewhat against pirating games, but this is one Company where i would advise picking a non-broken pirate version over the shit they are showeling into their paying customers. May they all be forced to use early beta versions of Windows for the remainder of their lives.

I might even have bought their expansion - If not for all the DRM they stick on it. I HEAVILY recommend pirating it, so you can play the game when YOU want to.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was going to jump on that alien isolation deal but it looks like it's one of those 'wait for the GOTY edition' since it's got a lot of DLC? I did wind up picking up the Gunslinger/Far Cry 3 Blood dragon pack.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If the season pass is on sale with it I'm pretty sure ALL the Alien Isolation DLC thus far comes with the Season pass except MAYBE a preorder or deluxe edition bonus.

I could be wrong, I mean double check, but I think that is the case.

nvmd its not yeah wait on the GOTY edition then.

Schags

http://slickdeals.net/f/7730673-sid-...-9-75-amp-more

Civ V complete for $9.75.

Also has Civ 3 and 4 cheap too.
Good stuff. I picked up Civ V when it was on sale on steam just over a week ago and I already have 60 hours into it.
frown.png
It's the first Civ I've played and never thought I'd get that addicted to it. I'm going to have to go back and play 3 and 4 now.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
4 is better than 5, in my opinion. Plus it had Leonard Nemoy doing the technology voice overs! 3 is going to feel crazy dated comparatively, but it is at least as deep as 5 is even if the graphics aren't great.

Tenks

5 in it's current state is better than 4 IMO but it took some fairly large expansions to get it there

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I've tried and tried to get into Civ5, but then I realize I was having to try to like a Civ game and it was a bit depressing. Civ5 just always feels so pre-determined and on rails, or something shallow/stale. I think the base game of Civ4 is still better, but add in the mod community and it made me regret ever getting Civ5.

Civ6 is either going to be the best of 4 and 5 (like the hex tiles but being able to stack at least a few units or make armies) and will be one of the greatest games ever, or shit. We'll just have to wait for it and its 3rd expansion to find out.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
IV > V no contest. I did actually get into V a little more since I got the expansions cheap some months back on a similar deal, but yeah it just doesn't quite give the same feel of other Civs still, for too many reasons to list (as they've been hashed out enough).