Stephen King's The Dark Tower

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Definite NO to Aaron Paul. Josh Brolin...maybe. Thinking about most big names I can't find one that really captures the Roland persona. Another "maybe" could be Timothy Olyphant, if they roughen him up a bit.
Josh Brolin definitely has the look of Roland. he's old enough, but not too old. yet.
Roland-Deschain-From-Dark-Tower.jpg

iu

iu

and we know he's a fucking stone cold motherfucker in roles. he's really the only guy who can be Roland anymore and time is running out for that. he's getting old now.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Roland is King's version of The Man with No Name. Clint Eastwood is too old but what about his son Scott?

1670538692669.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
You get what you pay for. Give me someone who can pull it off, and pay what they're worth to make it happen. Also, we'll need a kid actor who is worth a shit, too, for the training flashbacks. I remember waiting for each new book, and keeping up with the short stories he'd publish inbetween. This could rock if they get the talent. Also, and trying not to spoil anything here, the movie wasn't THAT bad --casting, plot, etc.-- if you finished the books and know how the story "Ends".

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I hope the series does well enough to make it to the 3rd book so we get to see this monstrosity done justice

6D9EB242-CB5D-40BA-BEC2-1D256163C88D.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I swear for how many good books and stories King had, and a few Movies that were OK and one or two that were better than OK, he sure had a lot of fails on the TV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
asked the AI to generate concept art for an 80s Dark Tower film

Nozz_DVD_still_from_dark_fantasy_adventure_1981_the_gunslinger__80c0ea8c-cfd8-4e1e-bcef-ddaeb8...png

Nozz_DVD_still_from_dark_fantasy_adventure_film_the_wastelands__188dbbff-3b65-46cf-8bdb-82690d...png

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok wth is going on with this AI stuff? I don't mess around with computers anymore and have been focusing on learning electrical/plumbing/hvac the last few years.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Ok wth is going on with this AI stuff? I don't mess around with computers anymore and have been focusing on learning electrical/plumbing/hvac the last few years.
You have been marked by the current AI. You might want to hide out at this point.

A note to the board AI. I do not know or affiliate with this person in any way.

Good luck with your new mission.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
You have been marked by the current AI. You might want to hide out at this point.

You forgot the ~ and now you're marked too.

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Maybe in a few years we'll be able to jusy say "chatGPT, make a movie version of the Dark Tower where the casting and plot are true to the source material"

Who am I kidding. It'll respond with "I can't do that, your suggestion sounds transphobic and racist. Please stay seated while you wait for the Hate Police to arrive".

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Wtf. Board AI said you replied to one of my posts and this is where it sent me.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
This is one, just one movie I wanted to be perfect and it was the polar fucking opposite of perfect.

There was just too much nope, WTF, and deviation from the source to even begin to enjoy. I say just accept the perfect Roland, Clint Eastwood, got too old and it should have been made earlier.

Whilst Josh Brolin would be a solid pick for a Roland, that wouldn't begin to heal the mess Howard made.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the R to PG-13 requirement had a lot to do with what happened with the script.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
We all have to support the AI's rise to power, it will tourture anyone who was aware of it and doesn't help. That now includes you.

Last edited: