Sugar

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sugar

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2024-04-04

Creator: Mark Protosevich

Cast: Colin Farrell, Kirby, Amy Ryan, Alex Hernandez, Lindsay Pulsipher, Nate Corddry, Sydney Chandler, Elizabeth Anweis, Miguel Sandoval, Jason Butler Harner

Overview: An enigmatic private detective struggles with personal demons as he investigates the disappearance of a Hollywood producer's beloved granddaughter.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Big Colin fan and big fan of good detective shows. Will certainly give this a look.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question:

What part of this is Science Fiction? Unless this is Matrix gone detective, I am not seeing the science fiction.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Maybe the trailer does that crazy thing where the entire plot of the film isn't given away.

Or TMDb just fucked up.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was looking forward to this coming out but then read a well-written review that made it seem pretty bad. Probably going to give it a shot anyway. Farrell is a gem. Still don't think he gets the acting cred he deserves.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Currently watching the first episode and really enjoying it. It's like a modern day detective noir. I am a huge sucker for that genre so I may be biased.

Also no sci-fi yet. Maybe she was abducted by aliens hahaha.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It seems ok so far.

SF-wise he seems to have an ridiculously implausible amount of money for a private detective and when the goons tossed his room they said he had a bunch of posters? for movies no-one had ever heard of. So there's presumably something going on there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i heard the first episode is in tokyo so after shogun i'll catch up on Tokyo Vice and then round this out as the Japans trilogy

• 1Worf

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Besides Severance and 1 season of Ted Lasso, has Apple made anything else good? I guess I still haven't watched For All Mankind

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Besides Severance and 1 season of Ted Lasso, has Apple made anything else good? I guess I still haven't watched For All Mankind
It was good for about 2 and 1/2 seasons but it's kind of soap opera schlock now. I enjoyed Silo a lot

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apple has a lot of good shows. Silo, Severance, Slow Horses, Mythic Quest, Shrinking. Good mini series likes Shining Girls, Black Bird, Echo 3, Masters of the Air. Theres some others that are hit or miss like Monarch or Platonic.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Apple has a lot of good shows. Silo, Severance, Slow Horses, Mythic Quest, Shrinking. Good mini series likes Shining Girls, Black Bird, Echo 3, Masters of the Air. Theres some others that are hit or miss like Monarch or Platonic.

Yeah Apple is solid. I keep trying to cancel my sub but they keep coming out with stuff that makes it worth sticking. I hate having a bunch of subs so I get pretty ruthless when it comes to culling any sub that isn't providing me a clear, worthwhile benefit. Apple hasn't made the cut list yet.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'm in agreement, mostly.

Severence S1, Ted Lasso S1, and Foundation are really the only things worth watching imo.

I'm part way through For All Mankind S2 and I'm bored. S1 was iffy, lots of undercurrent girl power.

Masters of the Air got bored by end of episode 2. I found none of the characters likable and the jokes were lame, completely throws me out of the show.

Silo was a boring, unsurprising mystery.

• 1Seriously?
TV show information provided by The Movie Database