Suicide Squad... the next "Arkham" game

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game plays like the division meets comic books with much better gfx and a better story. Thank god you can tweak some ui stuff as it is really busy stock. Traversal is great, gunplay feels good, enemies so far are mostly boring but the world is very very cool.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Surprisingly fun. Also game looks pretty good imo. People saying this is worse than Gotham Knights are smoking crack.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks on par with other recent critically acclaimed releases in terms of world/engine/mechanics from what I saw on the streams.

joz123

Potato del Grande
So fake outage on this one?
Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So fake outage on this one?

Unfortunately not. I'm sure it'll click for some, but it felt floaty and didn't care for the gunplay or traversal. The volume and length of cutscenes and the amount of up front tutorial content makes for a poorly paced onboarding experience too IMO.

Enjoyed the dozen or so hours Gotham Knights held my attention so much more than the small amount of time I tested this with friends.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eh, if you enjoy Destiny, The Divsion, or Borderlands you'll like this - it's a much better game than Gotham Knights or The Avengers and really kind of feels like Sunset Overdrive meets The Division meets Comic Book characters. It looks fantastic too on my new 4k OLED monitor. Really enjoying the game world's ambience.

If you hate that genre or are non-plussed by those titles, skip this. The story is pretty decent so far and well acted/mocapped, but it's obvious this is a WB "Division". It deserves about 20% of the retarded takes it's received online because it's not a continuation of Arkham (valid criticism obviously), but the game for what it actually is (not what the net has conceived in it's mind) is actually quite good.

• 2Like

Caliane

i hear the game itself might be shit. but yeah, I don't see the reason for complaining about the story. arkham was always edgelord shit. Harley and Ivy designs right from the get go. hell penguins coke bottle eyeglass.
Harley is a self centered asshole. Even comic version would be too self absorbed to bother trying to find a cure for JL or Batman being possessed, versus murder. The rest of the Suicide squad absolutely would just kill em off as well.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unfortunately not. I'm sure it'll click for some, but it felt floaty and didn't care for the gunplay or traversal. The volume and length of cutscenes and the amount of up front tutorial content makes for a poorly paced onboarding experience too IMO.

Enjoyed the dozen or so hours Gotham Knights held my attention so much more than the small amount of time I tested this with friends.
Damn was looking forward to this one

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Biggest question marks right now are difficulty related. Until final reviews are out it's hard to say.

There are rumors that even the highest difficulty is dogshit.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Eh, if you enjoy Destiny, The Divsion, or Borderlands you'll like this - it's a much better game than Gotham Knights or The Avengers and really kind of feels like Sunset Overdrive meets The Division meets Comic Book characters. It looks fantastic too on my new 4k OLED monitor. Really enjoying the game world's ambience.

If you hate that genre or are non-plussed by those titles, skip this. The story is pretty decent so far and well acted/mocapped, but it's obvious this is a WB "Division". It deserves about 20% of the retarded takes it's received online because it's not a continuation of Arkham (valid criticism obviously), but the game for what it actually is (not what the net has conceived in it's mind) is actually quite good.
It has been awhile, but this reminds me of the recent Guardians of the Galaxy game.

• 1Solidarity

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Wait so... those are the good guys and you play the bad guys?
Even the bad guys support trans rights for kids, bigot.

Only NAZIs would disagree with that.

You're not...a nazi, are you?

• 1Worf

Caliane

watching mauler play atm. its just noise, noise, noise. visual, sound, plot. just constant sound, and visual diarrhea in your face.
storyline is retarded.

Waller sending them in to die, with no plan, no briefing nothing. "we need guns to take on the justice league. Ok, the penguin is in town, lets go get him to make us guns" what the fuck?
Also, the penguin is just some guy in a garage with 2 goons. so, superman, gl, batman, and brainaic all are actively locking down the city, yet didn't do anything to capture a guy that "had weaponry capable of taking out the Jl". ps, its just regular ass guns too. not even super tech shit to actually justify how HQ or anyone could deal with superspeed, or anything.

conroys batman lines are weird. Whats his face is 100% right for not recognizing it was conroy.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fun so far. Only real complaint is that I'm interrupted quite often. Feels like I get to smash things for about 2mins, it's done, and then exposition or some mission briefing. Hopeful this is just early game hand holding / story shit. Only as far as helping Flag w/ some of his crony's, so maybe I'm not far enough yet.