Suicide Squad... the next "Arkham" game

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fun so far. Only real complaint is that I'm interrupted quite often. Feels like I get to smash things for about 2mins, it's done, and then exposition or some mission briefing. Hopeful this is just early game hand holding / story shit. Only as far as helping Flag w/ some of his crony's, so maybe I'm not far enough yet.
That opens up soon, there is a ton of exposition for the first few hours though, yeah.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
haha fuck off rocksteady.
I watched Mauler play this a bit and the 'banter' just made me want to jam ice picks into my ears.

I'm afraid, Ut. I'm afraid that I'm just...
Aging Lethal Weapon GIF

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I watched a bit yesterday with sound off and was not really that impressed with game play.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The founders of rocksteady announced their new studio a week ago

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

so yeah, watching mauler play, I hated pretty much everything about this.

Non-stop horribly written banter. both how annoying what they were saying was, and the constant talking. he'd be running around the city, from mission to mission, and they wouldn't stop talking. and they'd be talking SO much, they'd interrupt mission dialogue, or mission dialogue would cut in and interrupt banter, or one or both of those would interrupt Batman comms intercepts. just talking over talking over talking. the game won't ever shut up.

visual clutter. shields up? lets cover half the screen with a shield visual. lowhealth? lets cover the screen with blood viens. Tooltips telling you to do a slide? yep, that needs to be front and center on the screen nonstop for 5 hours. flying damage numbers. glowing targets, tooltips, tooltips, tooltips.

loot boxes! slow pointless cutscenes for loot boxes!

Script is awful. Waller is yet again written as retarded. Lets send the team in with no recon, no back up, no mission briefing, no intel. no plan. every means the team actually has for fighting back is 100% coincidence. Gizmo shows up to help, Ivy shows up to lend a hand. Luthor provides some help. flash saves the team in the opening TWICE. again, none of this is Waller's plan, its all on them luckly showing up to help.

shitty zoomer humor. Flash saves the team twice. Boomarang pisses on his corpse, after one of the worst boss battles ever. The justification for how the team can fight the flash is 100% retarded too. they don't actually counter the speed force in any reasonable way. and, they interrupt the boomarang pissing on the flash with ajoke about boomarangs giant cock.

Brainiac alone is a world ending threat. no one treats this as serious as it is. Brainiac that has ALREADY killed 90% of metroplis's population is an even bigger threat. Everyone should be shitballs serious. no one is. Brainiac that has killed 90% of metropolis, and has mind controlled the flash, batman and green lantern is a multiversal threat that should have everyone in full red alert, world war 3 mode. no one is taking it seriously.

the mind controlled super heroes are written completely out of character. its odd. they aren't written like themselves, but loyal to brainiac. they are written as generic asshole supervillians. like john stewart is an engineer, and soldier. evil john stewart should be very cold, calculating, and efficient in brutal murder. not flying around, talking shit, monologuing. Same with Batman. Barry is written like Ezra miller.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As bad as it is to watch, it was even worse to play. The traversal mechanics in particular were some of the worst I'd ever experienced.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I went to sleep last night with Gladd playing this and woke up this morning with him still streaming this and it’s like he was on the same damn mission. Enemies were the same… The backdrop was the same jumping from building roof to building roof in what looked to be like the same location. I mean it might as well be since everything looks the same. Where is the underground fights? Like in the sewers or some shit? Why can’t we have some missions inside some buildings? The more I see of this game the more meh it makes me feel.

Caliane

the insanely unimaginative, and repetitive missions yeah. forgot to mention that. "protect the shield/plant/generator" "destroy the generator, kill the 3 shield nodes to expose the power core!"

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So the story is dogshit, but what about us Chads that always skip the story anyways so they can get to killing?

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So the story is dogshit, but what about us Chads that always skip the story anyways so they can get to killing?

If you are into mainlining a solid kill to time ratio, why are you even playing something with lore?

Unless we are talking Quality of kills vs overall kills.

AKA Diablo VS CoD of Duty Modern warrior.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
From where I'm sitting the story on this game is another instance of reviewers trying to cash in on hate clicks over some manufactured/overblown dumb shit.

ACG lays it out here. TLDR: It is not a bad game or at the very least NOT deserving of the coverage its getting (shocker).

1:59:40 if the link doesn't work

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m an hour in. Story is fine. It’s a fucking comic book game? Gameplay is fun.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ACG lays it out here. TLDR: It is not a bad game or at the very least NOT deserving of the coverage its getting (shocker).
I like Karak, but that bit about setting the bar too high makes about as much sense as the devs last year crying about people having "impossibly high" expectations after BG3.

I'm not surprised he is positive about it though. He's been far too kind to shitty games for a long time now. Hell, he even gave a good review to Avatar recently and that's one of the worst games Ubisoft has churned out.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users