Summer 2017 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy

Basically one of those guy gets transported to fantasy world shows, but it isn't all rainbows and sunshine. Guy has the unique ability of 'respawning' if you will whenever he's killed and the world seems to choose those checkpoints after certain conditions/events are met. The world isn't a game like some of the other shows nor is it ever fully explained how that whole thing works, but needless to say there's times where he gets brutally murdered many times in an effort to 'fix' situations and it kinda starts to take a toll on his mental state. I'd definitely recommend watching it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
it's a great series and starts off innocently enough, but will def fucked up an 8 year olds day. you should watch actually.

Sold! Years ago I was on a long flight and was watching the Hellsing Ultimate OVA. Got to the part where Seras' mom was being murdered and necrophiled before I realized an 8 year old or smth was standing in the aisle watching... lol.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
haha, good stuff. And yeah, Re: Zero was a pretty awesome series. You'll get to ren=best girl at some point, because people like how she confesses to him.

I really enjoyed the show. The main character fucks EVERYTHING up. He just can't help himself. But it's a damn fun watch.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I do remember there being an episode or two in the second half of the season where Subaru was being especially retarded, but otherwise it was a very good show.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
the Moby Dick of cucked white knight anime snuff

PR41mW1.gif

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy shit, I haven't watched American cartoons since the 90s, gargoyles, Batman, the good shit. I got a neighbor's house and their kid is watching the new duck tales. Wow that shit is like garbage 1999 worse than flash animation, with even worse voice actors!!! And this is a series with Disney money behind it. How good are the parental controls in crunchy roll? I don't want the 8 year old watching re: zero.

I know this was posted a while back from what I hear the reason most American animation is trash is because all the "studios" use an application called Harmony which is essentially a supped up flash clone just for animation. This is why all American animation looks so similar these days. It's pretty awful but the old ducktales was all hand drawn and I don't think most US studios want to dish out money for that kind of animation anymore. I feel sorry for kids who grew up post 80's since western animation has declined so much.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Then some of the early 2000's went with computer animation. Shit like Reboot.

TLBLq8b.jpg

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Then some of the early 2000's went with computer animation. Shit like Reboot.

TLBLq8b.jpg
Reboot is actually early 90s, and aired in 94, actually a technical and visual marvel at the time of airing.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yo, the shit gets fuckin' grim dark later on. I read the manga up the latest chapter and was like whoa wtf? Makes me wonder if they are supposed to be teens instead of elementary school kids. Not sure how they are going to pull off the crazy shit on TV.
Regarding Made in Abyss, you're not kidding. Episode 10 went dark fairly quick. Damn, this is a ruthless show. Little girl got fucked up bad.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Last episode for Made in Abyss is going to be an hour long too, should hopefully end on a high note(well, high note for this show heh).

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Regarding Made in Abyss, you're not kidding. Episode 10 went dark fairly quick. Damn, this is a ruthless show. Little girl got fucked up bad.

Where are you watching that? Didn't see it on Crunchy. Guess I have to go to the usual places.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I found it on Horriblesubs.

Anyway, Boku no Hero Academia was decent this week. It's nice seeing the "cute Asian girl" actually do something other than act as eye candy for the other characters.

Next up, Re: Creators was great. An episode full of feels. I really enjoyed the direction this episode took. No complaints at all there.

Finally, Ballroom. It was another decent show, but not as good as last week. They're setting the stage for the team everyone likes to loose the competition in favor of the hot girl and douche Ichigo. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to next week. Of the 3 saturday shows that I watch, this was 3rd. Re: Creators was 1st, and Boku was 2nd.

• 1Like