Summer 2023 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Seven spell blade has zero business looking this good, top notch animation.

sugar apple fairy tales is even better this season. Fantastic show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree on both counts.

EDIT: And really, this is for the book thread, but it's anime in theme so... Here you go.

[

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Final season of Baki is fully released finally

You should watch it if you have any testosterone left

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can tell they're not putting the full animation team on this week's Mushoku, probably working hard on the final episodes.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While it may not have been the complete A-Team, it was still a good episode. I remember Bagdadi having 6 arms, but I never thought about it beyond that. Him perpetually having them in different poses makes sense due to arms being in the way of arms, but I never thought about it prior to this episode. And that magic bullet. Good shit.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pervert Tensei and Kenshin are the highlights of the season. Great Cleric and some of the other isekais have been decent, but those two are just juggernauts. I hope they have at least 24 eps for S1 if Kenshin, so we can at least start getting into the Tokyo/Shishio arc. My penis is already getting warmed up for that first Kenshin/Saitoh fight.

• 2Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pervert Tensei and Kenshin are the highlights of the season. Great Cleric and some of the other isekais have been decent, but those two are just juggernauts. I hope they have at least 24 eps for S1 if Kenshin, so we can at least start getting into the Tokyo/Shishio arc. My penis is already getting warmed up for that first Kenshin/Saitoh fight.

I should probably watch the new Kenshin. This season has been one of the least interesting in a while for me. Eminence alone has me excited for next season though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seven spell blade has zero business looking this good, top notch animation.

sugar apple fairy tales is even better this season. Fantastic show.
I watched Reign of the Seven Spellblades it didn't seem very appealing. Am I missing something?

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I watched Reign of the Seven Spellblades it didn't seem very appealing. Am I missing something?
The story is still just getting rolling, so I have to think it's either got more than 1 season ready to go or it's going to fade into obscurity fast. The art is good. Story is coherent so far. Cherry boy is also a cherry girl, because anime. The revenge story seems to be decent. It's not a top 10 of all time type of anime, but it is somewhere in the 25% that isn't absolute garbage.

• 2Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone watch the live action One Piece yet? Came out today, seems to be well received by fans from the little I've read so far.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Watched the first 2 tonight.

0/10 Buggy didn't turn into a car.

Actually not too bad. I'm not used to the cast and costumes yet, so it feels off. The goofyness seems fine, but it remains to be seen if they can nail the more serious scenes. The Shanks crew and bandits scene was different and fell really flat, so that is kinda worrying.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know if this counts as summer 23 or not but fuck it. I have to say Baki is probably one of the worst animes ever made. Still it's such a fucking train wreck you just have to watch. Don't know how many of you watched this shit but it has to be one of retard over the top crazy bullshit fights of any anime.

• 1Like