Summoner's War - Sky Arena

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think that's where the paying players come ahead - not only do they end up with more 4* and 5*, but they can actually level up their skills.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I was able to max the skills on my water slyph. Just takes a few weeks + devilmon events + tower reward, but now I am going to start working on my occult girl.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have max skills on my Fire Rakshasa because she's awesome, and because someone early on told me to always get one from the shop every week and save them until I had a creature worth using them on.

I started giving the next devilmons to my Water Sylph, but now I'm debating if I should switch over to my Wind Ninja. I just recently pulled him around the time of the downtime compensation scrolls, and already he's made a huge difference (thanks angelmon dungeons!). My arena offense used to be Fire Rak, Fire Vamp, Light Bearman, and Light Fairy. After being able to move runes around for free, I switched to Fire Rak, Light Bearman, Water Sylph, and Wind Ninja. It killed me giving up the Vamp and the Fairy, because they both have fantastic skills, but the overall power of the team seems to have gone way up, and the color diversity helps a lot as well. I'm now getting into the mid-1600s and still winning more than I'm losing...not that it matters much for my reward of course.

I should probably stick with feeding my devilmons to the Sylph to get the faster cooldowns on the ae stuff, and I think that's what I'll do, but man I love that Ninja. I honestly think he'll be my next 6*.

As far as the 4* vs 3* argument...if it is a really good 4*, sometimes there is just no comparison even if on paper they seem better. I don't know much about the DK because I only have the crappy one, but I think there is no comparison between it and some of your other good ones and something like a max skill Inugami. Sure I occasionally get hit with a bad streak from an Inugami, but I'm way more likely to lose in the arena to some 4*. If I see an Inugami on the opponent's team I don't even bat an eye. Stats are typically higher on a 4* too, so runes help even that much more.

Don't get me wrong, there is a time and a place for those 3* monsters, definitely. I wouldn't be where I am now without my Water Warbear and Fire Inugami. And I'll always keep them on my roster for certain things they are better at. But once you get a few decent 4*s, they probably should take a back seat.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If any of you read this, buy a Devilmon right now, as it seems daylight savings has screwed things up. I just bought my new one for the week (as in, I had already bought one earlier and this is the Sunday reset), and now it says it will reset in another hour to get back on track with midnight.

In other words, if that isn't clear enough, you can get an extra devilmon during this hour.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm still playing but my interest has been on a gradual decline for about a month now. Leveled my third 6* tonight and my resources are so exhausted - no spare 2*, 3*, 4* or 5* fodder, ~200k mana - that I can't even countenance logging back on for the time being.

Edit: Going from a few 4* fodders, half a dozen 3* fodders to fodder sufficient to evolve a 6* took about 20 (estimated) energy refills and 3x 1 day double xp packs, farming Fam 1 constantly and leveling all the 2* hellhounds to 3* and 4*. I'll estimate 900 crystals to go from pretty much no fodder to level a 5* to 6*. That's a pretty good investment, imo, i considering I haven't gotten a single 4* (except a duplicate Vamp) in the last month's worth of 750 packs. Tedious as all fuck, though, and it makes you never wanna play again when it's over.

My intention was to 6* my Fire Deathknight, but I decided at the last moment to 6* my water Pierret because she raped Fam 1 normal with +9 runes. I suspect I'll do the same with Fam 1 Hard at 40 with better runes, so it'll go way faster if I decide to do this again.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm pretty much finished with this game I think. Having a sweet time with Robocraft now!
Yeah i've also peaced out, if you guys want to kick me / make room in the guild. Fun game but I simply couldn't look forward to the 6* grind.

Gurgeh

Do you guys think the P Thief is worth the trouble ? I'm also wondering wether to up my Wind Sylph or Wind Samurai next, my wind monsters are super weak atm.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I'm going to try and get the thief when the secret dungeon opens. Natural 4's are just such a bitch to come by as a f2p player. I remember the last sd that opened with a 4 in it though... level 2 was a beat down.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I don't forsee myself using him as anything other than a skill up for my wind P thief. His attacks seem underwhelming, but maybe he does high damage.

Gurgeh

Is it just me or the drop rate for this new event is super low ? Went through like 300 energy and got 1 monster. (running in hell mode the last level, to get a shot a decent 5* runes in the process)

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
It's super low. Just another example of these guys excitedly offering putative benefits that'll likely require either a) energy refills or b) prioritizing a long grind in areas otherwise useless. Used a week's worth of +2- and + 40 energy and all available +50 energy from the event and 2 or 3 refills - still 2 monsters short.