Super Mario Bros. (2022)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LOL at "more slo mo than zack snyder directing a max payne movie"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thought this was pretty mid and way overhyped.
Yeah, went ahead and watched this the other day because of all the comments in this thread.

I'm assuming it's because everyone must have young children that they liked it so much. It was okay, but not really worth my time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, went ahead and watched this the other day because of all the comments in this thread.

I'm assuming it's because everyone must have young children that they liked it so much. It was okay, but not really worth my time.
Yeah it’s a kids movie. When I go to a kids movie with my kid I am mostly rating it based on how he perceived things, not me. There will be parts I enjoyed or didn’t like but I give it a lot of leeway because the movie isn’t made for me and that’s fine. I don’t see kids movies by myself, I’d never see any if I didn’t have a kid.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It boggles my mind a bit that someone without kids sees this and is expecting adult level enjoyment.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't have a problem with Jack Black in particular, I just hated almost everything about the way Bowser was portrayed in this movie. He actually did a solid job coming up with a distinct Bowser voice that wasn't just the normal speaking voice like he does in Kung Fu Panda, but the character motivation and cringeworthy singing was unbearable.
He was just mimicking Jim Cumming’s Pete from the Disney franchise.

and don’t get me started on that fucking song

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was bored and watched this last night free on Prime Video. It was well made, and I can definitely see the appeal for kids but as an adult I thought it was boring. My fault for not researching enough I guess but I expected it to be like Pixar or Gru/Minions movies that have more appeal for adults but that wasn't the case it is 100% a kid movie.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was bored and watched this last night free on Prime Video. It was well made, and I can definitely see the appeal for kids but as an adult I thought it was boring. My fault for not researching enough I guess but I expected it to be like Pixar or Gru/Minions movies that have more appeal for adults but that wasn't the case it is 100% a kid movie.

My son had a Mario bros themed party, plays
Mario kart with me, and sings Peaches by Jack Black daily.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My son had a Mario bros themed party, plays
Mario kart with me, and sings Peaches by Jack Black daily.
Heard a little black boy singing it at Sheetz a month or so ago. Then when I was at Kroger last week, I heard a grown ass man singing it to his wife/girlfriend as they were looking at.. you guessed it, Peaches. Awkward, but funny.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Heard a little black boy singing it at Sheetz a month or so ago. Then when I was at Kroger last week, I heard a grown ass man singing it to his wife/girlfriend as they were looking at.. you guessed it, Peaches. Awkward, but funny.
that song cracks me up because it sounds like he just says fuck it at the end and screams "bitches bitches bitches" like he cant take it anymore from that cockteasing whore.

• 1Worf

Kaines

Potato Supreme
that song cracks me up because it sounds like he just says fuck it at the end and screams "bitches bitches bitches" like he cant take it anymore from that cockteasing whore.

Attachments

• 30a.gif
    30a.gif
    531.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users