Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance Forever

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Possibly the best RTS that has been released in the past decade, and was probably ahead of its time/not marketed correctly. The multiplayer functionality was downright horrible, so a team took it upon themselves to redo everything the game was lacking and now it's up and running with a very strong community again. This has absolutely nothing to do with Supreme Commander 2, which was a travesty; the best way to describe it would be a 2010 version of Total Annihilation.

http://www.faforever.com/

There's support for up to 8v8s, an ELO rating system, a plethora of different mods, and everything you could ask for. Haven't had this much fun gaming in a very long time. All you have to do is pick up the game on Steam for like $4.99 and then get the FAF mods running, which even include an auto mumble connectivity (Automatically room you with your teammates) and more.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oo nice might have to check it out. I played TA back in the day, didn't play SupCom or FA, and then played SupCom 2 which didn't do it for me.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
SC2 was fucking atrocious. SC1/FA was actually pretty decent, pretty much TA with a new engine.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yea that's what I heard which is why I bought SC2 and regretted it. Bought SC1/FA on a steam sale at some point but never fired them up.