Surf-Rock, Rock-a-Billy, Psycho-Billy. and anything in between...

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Couple of years later after posting I guess that last video, I didn't realize that Daikajui had a new album that came out a year ago or so. Don't listen to a lot of music other than just like old stuff that I enjoy, but I've been sitting around walking the dogs and drinking beer, and blaring this stuff on a speaker.

The folks on the greenway look at me like I'm fucking nuts, but in all honesty I haven't been this excited about an album and enjoyed it so much been a long while since maybe Rushs last album.

Seems to deviate a little bit from the surf Rock sound, but it's more like man or astroman territory, who are probably the godfather's of alternative surf rock or whatever the hell you want to call it.

It's a fantastic album. Check out their first one, it's a little bit more traditional but their second one is still to me the best.

Surf's up fuckers!!!!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
MusicForFish MusicForFish hey bud glad to see your maybe enjoying some wonderful music.

I know you scour the internet for infuriating political commentary and what have you but throw some of that ability towards some good surf Rock or rockabilly.

Maybe it allows us to be happy for a few hours listening to some Dick Dale or Deadbolt,b or in this instance Daikajui.

It's actually such a wonderful album.

As I've got older I still believe it's the greatest genre of music hands down. It's always upbeat and fun, I'm going to set their and listen to a goddamn album, I want to have a good time. Suerf Rock allows you to do such...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
MusicForFish MusicForFish hey bud glad to see your maybe enjoying some wonderful music.

I know you scour the internet for infuriating political commentary and what have you but throw some of that ability towards some good surf Rock or rockabilly.

Maybe it allows us to be happy for a few hours listening to some Dick Dale or Deadbolt,b or in this instance Daikajui.

It's actually such a wonderful album.

As I've got older I still believe it's the greatest genre of music hands down. It's always upbeat and fun, I'm going to set their and listen to a goddamn album, I want to have a good time. Suerf Rock allows you to do such...
Been listening to Surf/Rockabilly since I found it as a teen in the 90s. Some greats you've posted my dude. I probably have some in a Playlist somewhere. I'll see what I have that you haven't posted and find sole links to contribute.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Been listening to Surf/Rockabilly since I found it as a teen in the 90s. Some greats you've posted my dude. I probably have some in a Playlist somewhere. I'll see what I have that you haven't posted and find sole links to!are contribute.
Fire this shit back up!

I think the only music I listen to nowadays is typically surf rock, other than classic rock or whatever.

I'm always all ears for other bands out there that are devoted to the genre

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My dad took a sound to Disney world way back in the later 80s, and we were over by the magic Castle, and I specifically remember saying this younger dude with blonde hair that had one of these haircuts and it was a pretty weird thing cuz I had never seen anything like it in my entire life. I was wondered after I started getting into rockabillion surf Rock if I actually saw one of the Krewmem possibly just taking a vacation with his kids or something.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fire this shit back up!

I think the only music I listen to nowadays is typically surf rock, other than classic rock or whatever.

I'm always all ears for other bands out there that are devoted to the genre
Based on some of the surf rock here and classic rock preference I have a few bands I think you might like. If you like this one lmk and I can share some others.

Try the song at 23:00 first.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Based on some of the surf rock here and classic rock preference I have a few bands I think you might like. If you like this one lmk and I can share some others.

Try the song at 23:00 first.

Yeah that went on to a playlist. Not so much surf Rock but I do like my Doom and Stoner metal, even if I don't smoke a lot of pot.

I think I just gravitate towards those different genres of rock and roll because they had their own unique sound and the people that are typically playing that sort of stuff are dedicated to it, even if it's not a mainstream thing that regular populous eats up. It's not as if they're making gobs of money, Christmas musicians online it's the type of music that they feel creative enough to make.

Not trying to sound faggy or something, but I don't to me it's kind of pure, just good music and people having a good time. If we have barbecues or doing stuff in the neighbors or friends and family, offer up a little Bluetooth speaker and play a whole bunch of old rockabilly and old surf Rock like Dick Dale, and it's the perfect background music for having a wonderful evening with folks.

It's always upbeat, there's no message, and if you really sit down listen, you realize there's some pretty amazing musical ability being displayed at times.

At the end of the day it's just fun, and I find if I'm having a rough day or something I can always kick on surf rock album, go walk my dogs, and it always tends to put a smile on my face. Only other thing that really does that is maybe fishing, and when the fish are biting, I can listen to some surf Rock while wetting a fly.