Tales of...

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is that SAO game a storyless grindfest like that ragnarok game? or is it more like a .hack type of game where theres actually a storyline set in an "online world" as well? I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of that show before it got lame.
Ragnarok was mind numbingly boring, I kind of assumed that SAO would be the same thing so i never looked further into it.

I'm pretty stoked to go back and finish Xillia though before i start up ToX2!
I also bought the woman the 3DS version of abyss since she has wanted to try out the tales series as well, then she can just play my copies of vesperia and symphonia lol

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
ahh as soon as you get past the initial tutorial you get a bonus item for having a save game and another if you cleared the game.
Fuck. I beat the first one twice (on both sides) but lost the save when my old PS3 died. It was before I got PSN+ and I never bothered to flag that save for upload to my Cloud service... Oh well...

On a related note, all of the DLC costumes bought for Xillia 1 are compatible with Xillia 2. Maid and schoolgirl outfits for everyone!

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's more like dot hack. There's almost too much story tho lol.
Ahh i'll have to look more into it, might be good to play while i have no consoles during the move process lol

On a related note, all of the DLC costumes bought for Xillia 1 are compatible with Xillia 2. Maid and schoolgirl outfits for everyone!
I was actually going to ask that next, nice to see DLC didn't go to waste lol

Column_sl

shitlord
My only warning on that game is its heavy on the waifu simulator thing. The kid has like 10 women that want his D

The actual game is pretty cool tho, it's like the dot hack thing where it try's to simulate an online mmo , but you are limited to only one person in your party.

It's cool cause it has all the old mmo tropes like pulling to split mobs etc

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Tales of Zestria was just announced to be coming to PS4 and PC. It's the next one in line (was originally only told for PS3). Oct 16th in Europe, still no release date for the US

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
EU trailer:

They also announced the next Tales they're working on, Tales of Berseria, has a female lead(looks like an emo Milla) and that's about all they've said.

PC release is pretty cool, even though there's a solid chance it'll be a terrible port. I'll wait for tests and grab the PS4 or PC version depending.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Just to update this, the store page. Pre-order reward 3 is a copy of Tales of Symphonia which will be added to your steam library when it is available. So looks like another old console franchise is coming to PC for more than just a single installment.

Pre-purchase Tales of Zestiria on Steam

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Please please please bring Vesperia to Steam, with the JP PS4 additions.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So my biggest grief at the moment is this multi-tiered item system. You have to worry about base stats of the drop, then worry about the affixes the item has, then worry about the Skill Sheet bonuses, oh and the proficiency level as you use it more in battle. To help all of this there is the Fuse system which lets you Fuse affixes of items on to items of the same name, so you get a base stat increase plus the additional skill if there is room (along with some other mechanics).

But here is my issue. On the Fuse screen there is no way to access the Skill Sheet. So if I'm trying to +4 my Amber Sword I don't know if replacing the one new Atakk skill is going to stack with my existing one, or if it'll break the G-Union.

Maybe it is because I'm only 8 hours in and haven't memorized every single skill or how they interact, but it seems like it should be a little more user friendly. Also possible I'm putting way too much thought in to it this early in the game since everything is going to be replaced fairly quickly as new drops come in.

By the way there is an E-Union I unlocked called "Difensus" that seems to give you a Defense +1 when you level up. Wonder if it is worth just stacking that early as your characters gain levels to get perm stat boosts easy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Gonna bump this old thread, Tales of Berseria(next tales) was announced for early 2017 in the west. So not anytime soon, but eh. Also apparently will have simultaneous release on PS4 and PC, like Zestiria.