Tech request HELP!- Citrix Provisioning server target device install v4.5

Siliconemelons

I cant find my copy's anywhere and if I upgrade my provisioning server it will most likely melt- the bastards been running perfectly for 6 years (knock on wood) and only lost 1 drive in the raid array in its history- runs 100+ clients perfectly with a 30sec boot time on a vdisk etc... now I am tryin gto get a Win8 image going (any hints?) and I for the life of me cannot find my target device installs, citrix only has 5.1/2 and 6 on their site and they do not connect to my server- I also have the Ardence 4.1 and it just will not install :-(

I know its a long shot in the dark!

thanks rerolled!

baerf_sl

shitlord
Not sure i get your post correctly, but i read it as, that you run PVS 4.5 and are looking for the Target Device installer so you can provision Windows 8 clients?

I'll ask on Monday in work, but i'd be surprised (but happy to be wrong) that PVS 4.5 will provision Windows 8 clients.

Siliconemelons

aye, I need the client installer for 4.5 if able both 32x and 64x, the part of the software you install on the target device to make the vdisk image etc.

other than a rouge disk in write cache every now and then that I have to prune, the thing works perfect.

if I install v5 it will load into windows 8, the vdisk icon will say connected for a sec then go to offline.. So I don't know if its a windows 8 thing or a v5 talking to 4.5 thing.

also, I had another Citrix lab that was going to be the same set up, but our big guy up top axed it because we have Microsoft system center and 'it can do it'...yet when I talk to our sys center admins they are like 'ummm...maybe' and I cannot find much info on it, and what I do find sounds like it uses Citrix add ins and parallel software to integrate into system center.