Tequila

moseby_sl

shitlord
I am trying to shed some pounds, and I know that beer any decent beer has way too many calories.
A good friend of mine introduced me to tequila, I have tried a few and enjoyed them. Currently I am enjoying El Jimador (silver). My only problem is that some of them are bloody expensive, now I am not averse to paying a little more for quality but I do not wish to sacrifice my left nut for it. Any suggestions, recommendations are welcome, please bear in mind that I am in southern Ontario so I only have access to what the licbo wants to sell.

Regards,

Moseby

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_124438.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No idea what the licbro allows, but I second moogalak's suggestion. When I drink, I get a glass of patron silver and sip on it. One thing I learned about tequila is that you can make shitty tequila better by making it cold. So, for example, get a bottle of the good stuff and keep a bottle of cuervo in the freezer. Use the good stuff for the first drink or 2, then switch to the chilled cuervo.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I just can't do straight tequila anymore. Back in my early twenties my friends and I would buy one of those gallon size Jose Quervo bottles and drink it all in 2-3 nights time, shared between 3-5 people. Fuck, feel a bit sick just thinking about it. Goddamn quarters...

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Beer in general having too much calories is an urban myth.
You tend to gain weight by it curbing your appetite though.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I just can't do straight tequila anymore. Back in my early twenties my friends and I would buy one of those gallon size Jose Quervo bottles and drink it all in 2-3 nights time, shared between 3-5 people. Fuck, feel a bit sick just thinking about it. Goddamn quarters...
There's gallon-sized Jose Cuervo? I will carry on your legacy!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don Julio 1942 is my drink of choice. Smooth and mellow. It makes a fantastic cadillac margarita. I've had the next step up from 42, and while it is better, its not tripple the price better.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I can polish off a fifth of patron in a night and still walk around. The trick is to warm up with a few long island ice teas first.

There's gallon-sized Jose Cuervo? I will carry on your legacy!
Yes, it's rot gut shit but cheap. So it's pretty much what everyone drank when they were poor High School / College kids. It's also why tequila gets a bad wrap. But seriously if that's all you got, keep it in the fridge with your beer and it's a lot better.

Actually, I just remembered we had something even cheaper called montezuma.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't the gallon stuff just tequila flavored rum? As in, not really tequila. I'm a huge fan of cazadores.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I drink a lot of tequila but my preference is mezcal. They are smokey tequilas, like a whiskey. A cheap one I can find at a lot of places is called vida:

rrr_img_124551.jpg

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yes, it's rot gut shit but cheap. So it's pretty much what everyone drank when they were poor High School / College kids. It's also why tequila gets a bad wrap. But seriously if that's all you got, keep it in the fridge with your beer and it's a lot better.
That's right up my alley. I have not been drinking very long, but the only things I like so far are rum and tequila. I find wine disgusting and vodka boring.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I used to love red wine, but in recent years it just gives me heartburn.

Im old

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I am trying to shed some pounds, and I know that beer any decent beer has way too many calories.
A good friend of mine introduced me to tequila, I have tried a few and enjoyed them. Currently I am enjoying El Jimador (silver). My only problem is that some of them are bloody expensive, now I am not averse to paying a little more for quality but I do not wish to sacrifice my left nut for it. Any suggestions, recommendations are welcome, please bear in mind that I am in southern Ontario so I only have access to what the licbo wants to sell.

Regards,

Moseby
Patron is way over-hyped, and doesn't get really exceptional until the very high end (grand platinum, $350). If you are gonna spend $70 CAD on a bottle, go for Casamigos instead. Way higher value IMO.

I stick to El Jimador at the low end, but at around $40 the value sweet spot at the LCBO is Cazadores by a long shot. The stuff is great.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/caz...1#.VrCv__DEirU

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Had a bad experience with tequila back in college and avoid the stuff now. It's too bad too, because I did really enjoy it prior. I can sip or shoot good stuff, but it still isn't very fun and cheap tequila might as well be ipecac for me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Had a bad experience with tequila back in college and avoid the stuff now. It's too bad too, because I did really enjoy it prior. I can sip or shoot good stuff, but it still isn't very fun and cheap tequila might as well be ipecac for me.
This is me. The only time I've ever been dangerously drunk was from tequila and the smell is off-putting now. Don't even enjoy margaritas.