Terminator Zero

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's a bunch of good Dark Horse comics out there that expanded things, or told new stories. Worth checking out.

Another cool thing is the S.M. Stirling "Future War Trilogy" of books from 2001-2003. Only the third book actually takes place during the Future War, while the first two are them dealing with Skynet's various new attempts post-T2 to get itself going again. Which reminds me, I still have to read the last half of the third book. Got 5/6ths of the way through the trilogy and lost my way with it for whatever reason. This series takes place after T2 and doesn't factor in anything besides T1 and T2. What's most interesting is how much later Terminator properties ripped it off. Salvation, the TSCC show, and Genisys all directly lift elements from these books. There's even a cyborg antagonist called Serena, so I'm not sure how the Salvation writers didn't get sued. In any case, it's a good trilogy and worth reading.

1725632301622.png

Always wondered wtf that is on the cover of the third book. Some sort of machine with lots of sword arms? I have no clue.

spronk

FPS noob
They fucked around in the first half but showed up super fucking strong in the second half and in OT. This was a surprise banger. It's like there were two completely different writers between the first 4 eps and second 4 eps.

finished the series last night and this is spot on. The first 4 episodes are ok but the last 4 are pretty good.

I enjoyed the show, it doesn't really move the needle much but there are good scenes and its cool seeing Tokyo under attack.

The whole back to the future timeline divergence explanation scenes were great, I love that kinda stuff in time travel movies.

The story especially actions taken by future people are bizarre and it feels like big plot points make absolutely no sense, but its really not worth thinking too hard about. There could be a season 2 or not, it doesn't really matter much since the explanation this show gives is the best one - each time that time travel occurs, it takes place in a different multiverse so whatever story you wanna tell can all happen in co-existence with every other Terminator story, none of it ultimately matters.

I'm glad they didn't try any bullshit MCU stuff like "Judgement day is a core event that can never be changed", although it still doesn't explain why one of these participants doesn't try traveling back to 3000 BC and trying to create an Age of Apocalypse style eternal kingdom that either is 100% based on tech or 100% against all tech.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad they didn't try any bullshit MCU stuff like "Judgement day is a core event that can never be changed", although it still doesn't explain why one of these participants doesn't try traveling back to 3000 BC and trying to create an Age of Apocalypse style eternal kingdom that either is 100% based on tech or 100% against all tech.
Per cannon, someone probably did try that, at least once. But that story seems like it'd be too unconstrained to maintain thematic consistency with a Terminator story that would actually interest a Terminator audience.