Terraria

Rime

<Donor>
Mm. The only problem with most of the traps is that the Pumpking flies and the Mourning Woods have an annoying tendency to 'warp' to your area if they do not have a clear line of sight to you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Would anyone be interested in running a coop world at some point this week?

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was playing a bit last week and got my first solar eclipse. While I did get one broken hero sword, the true win of that was getting Death Sickle to drop. It is one of the most ridiculous weapons that I have had the pleasure of using. It is a glowing sickle that flies out slightly less range than a boomerang. It spins and hangs out at the end for a couple of seconds. You do not have to click to rapid fire, just hold down the mouse. It is not stopped by blocks, etc. I have that and a magma gauntlet and it is just tearing everything up. The only issue is it has around 35% less damage than the paladin hammer, however it seems to hit more often so I think it evens out.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Ended up installing the game again after reading this thread, thanks guys =/

Found a kinda cool Alien outfit in one of the goodie bags, on my fourth large map because the others just didn't feel right. I don't remember the random weapons dropping this much a few years back of i've gotten really lucky starting out. Rocking out pumpkin armor and a plat pick axe with a Jason (bloody machete) throwing knife.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I picked this up for the first time since the Halloween patch and they definitely nerfed life steal noticeably. I used to be able to just roll through hardmode dungeon without caring. Now you actually have to pay attention and "recharge" after taking some hits (with spectre gear at least). It's probably in a good place now strength-wise: very beneficial, but not total faceroll.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
One of the hotfixes nerfed spectre set bonus from 10% to 8% life leech. There were also some nerfs to some hardmode magic weapons in the various hotfixes, which would also contribute to less leech due to less damage.

Alexzander

You can still facetank all the bosses with full spectre/warding accessories/the right weapons though. Not that I mind!

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
With what spells? And do you have to be completely potted up? I have full spectre gear using Magnet Spear + Uhh, the fiery explosion spell from the Diabolist and some bosses can still rape the hell out of me. (Twins and the Halloween Pumpkin moon bosses). I pretty much throw magnet spear, then spam my fire spell. Pretty sure I have warding on 4 of my 5 accessories and my other one has like defensive or something so it's only at +2 defense.

Either way, I'm pretty sure the only thing my brother and me have left to do is the jungle dungeon. Otherwise we've killed every other boss. I'm still in the process of slowly building housing on the sky islands (and creating new sky islands!) to move the NPCs up there so corruption doesn't take over. Although, I ended up spending the 2 plat on that Steampunk gun, that you can cleanse corruption/hallowed with...and holy shit that is OP because you can clear that stuff soooooooooooo fast.

ubiquitrips

I was running through multiple pumpkings at a time last night with a couple of set ups. I could never hit wave 15, not enough DPS I guess. I got to wave 13 / 14 pretty consistently before dawn.

Anyway, for most of the bosses I use either full spectre, rainbow gun, bat scepter (from pumpking), mostly damage increasing accessories. Destroyer Emblem, Eye of Golem, Sorceror Emblem, magic cuffs, something else. This kept my DPS high enough that I was face tanking 3 pumpkings at the same time.

Before I had the bat scepter I used a different melee build. Full turtle armor, vampire knives, moon charm, warding ankh shield, destroyer emblem, magma gauntlets, and eye of golem. DPS was pretty similar to the magic build and the health swings were not as extreme.

Really, without spectre or vampire knives I have no idea how people can do the pumpkin moon without a full group. Even then it would be rough.

Outside of the pumpkin moon, I have been able to take out all bosses with my melee build using Death Sickle / Paladin's Hammer and not using vampire knives. One broken sword away from terra blade so I will get that eventually anyway.

The jungle dungeon is kind of a buzz kill. Golem isn't anything special, but it does get you some fun trap blocks for making ridiculous pumpkin moon farming arenas.

Right now I just meteor farm in a hallowed area to get easy money and souls of light so I can work towards the prefixes I want on all my gear. Getting legendary is a pain in the ass. Still haven't got a discount card to drop from pirates.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm kind of unsure what to do now. I'm on hardmode, have 3 pieces of Chloro armor, Chloro big sword and fast sword, a Drax, and the main accessories I use are an Obsidian Shield, Cloud in a Balloon, Bee Wings, Lava Waders, and Lightning boots. I know there's a bunch of overlap there but I don't really have anything much better.

Only hardmode boss I've killed is Destroyer, so I've got some Soul of Might and Hallowed bars, and I've just been mining the hardmode ores I spawned so far (but I don't even think they're an upgrade for anything).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you're using swords, crafting a molten gauntlet is a good idea. With full chlorophyte, you should be able to take out Plantera by now also. He's easier with ranged attacks though, so you may want to craft a megashark before the fight using your souls of might.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
So I just killed skeletron and have discovered the whole dungeon - now what? Should I be digging down into hell? I have like 6 voodoo clothier dolls but never seem to be able to summon skeletron again.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I just killed skeletron and have discovered the whole dungeon - now what? Should I be digging down into hell? I have like 6 voodoo clothier dolls but never seem to be able to summon skeletron again.
Equip the clothier voodoo doll, then murder the clothier. Skeletron will be summoned.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Hey guys,
Recently purchased and started playing Terrarria. While I dig the level of freedom afforded the player to basically do anything, I also think the game suffers a bit from lack of guidance. I've been wandering around accumulating basic materials and watching the list of things I'm able to build slowly expand, but would anybody have any advice on specific goals or strategies I could follow to make more steady progress? I'm not sure whether I should be running in one direction, killing as many enemies as possible, or digging as deep as I can to find a greater variety of materials. What suggestions would you give a new player to ensure he's not wasting his time jogging in place?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On the wiki there's a walkthrough. Now it has detailed guides and shit for bosses which you don't have to read, however it outlines the general progression. Here's a summary:

Mostly it's go through the normal ores until you have gold/platinum, which should summon the eye of chtuluh from your stats otherwise just force spawn it with the crafted item, kill to spawn Dryad which sells dusts to clear corruption/crimson, use that to get access to shadow orbs/crimson hearts(can instead use Dynamite which is sold by demolishioner or found in chests), break 3 to spawn eater/brain, kill to get components for new pickaxe+armor+weapon tier(shadow or crimonite), then go to hell(literally), get some obsidian or meteorite optionally, mine hellstone, make pickaxe/weapon/armor as needed, spawn Wall of Flesh by dropping guide voodoo doll(dropped in underworld) in lava, killing him spawn corruption/crimson and hallow and starts hard mode.

Destroy demon altars with Pwnhammer you got from Wall of Flesh to spawn hard mode ores in the world, explore the world again(or check map of areas already explored) and farm each tier. You need the pickaxe from the first tier to mine the 2nd tier, you need the Anvil and tier2 tools to get tier3 and you need the tier 3 forge to craft everything else. Once geared up in tier1-3 armor or Ice Armor(optional)+weapon, spawn bosses by farming the required materials or using any drop you might have found, kill the bosses. Each bosses drop Hallowed Ingots, make Drax or Hallowed Pickaxe(same items, just different noises). Killing any boss starts spawning Chlorophyte+Planterra bulb in underground jungle, go there, mine Chloro and craft Chloro armor/weapons, then spawn Planterra, kill it, drops the key to open Lizhard Temple for Golem and Dungeon now spawns hard mode mobs. No additional progression from there, just farming whatever, Halloween event too I guess haven't tried it.

There's a bunch of optional stuff you can do, and it takes quite a long time to do all that.