The 90s kid thread

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Back before i became part of the PC masterrace i loved my Amiga 1200

rrr_img_67239.jpg

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
90's music, best music
Yeah. "Mainstream" music when I was a teenager then was Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Metallica, AC/DC and so on...

I know every generation says it was "better in the old days", but the difference is I can understand that being said of some of the music from the 50s and onwards. I have a real hard time relating to "popular" music these days though.

As to other things of the 90s.

So many awesome FMV games.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
man, I ruined all my Transformers as a kid, the old-school die-cast metal ones. Had probably 20-30 of them, lot of the big ones too like Optimus Prime, the Constructicons, Megatron, Galvatron, all the decepticon jets, etc.

Anywise, I got bored one summer when I was probably 12 or 13 and decided to take them ALL apart and build 1 mega-robot. Unscrewed every screw in every transformer I had. Those things had like 20-30 screws apiece, all different sizes. Once I got them all apart I realized the error of my ways, and I couldn't put ANY of them back together, you needed a damn engineering blueprint or something to do it.

Ruined them all, had to throw away 3 full size grocery bags full of transformer legs, arms, torsos, heads, and random parts. My parents were pissed.

I had this to fall back on though:
gijoe-uss-flagg-aircraft-carrier.jpg

(I was a fairly spoiled, only child)
I had this one:
rrr_img_67242.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My friend across the street had this on his computer and we would play ALL FUGGIN DAY.
overwhelmed2.png

We also played this bad boy when it came out
wc1.jpg

NOTE: I feel left out because I missed the whole pokemon rage. By then I was smoking cigarettes and hiding beer in my bedroom.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Before the release of Quake in '96 when the PC master race truly evolved, another race ruled the universe...

rrr_img_67243.png

rrr_img_67248.png

rrr_img_67244.jpg

rrr_img_67245.jpg

Sometimes I'll still see a neglected Area-51 cabinet in a dark corner of some forgotten mid sized mall, covered in dust with sticky buttons. I can't help but pop in a quarter and relive the old days.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My mom believed that mall arcades were where you went to buy drugs.

Maybe she was right. I dunno, I just played NARC, and SmashTV. Later it was Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Combat. Maybe some World Heroes.

118201324.jpg

spawn_comic_cover_008_cl.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Being born in the 70s I had the privilege of growing up both in the 80s and being a young adult in the 90s (graduated high school in 91'). To me the 90s were fucking awesome. 80s were too tech challenged.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The '90s didn't have lawn darts though. It wasn't just a game: when unsupervised children got their hands on them it seemed like life and death whenever one was thrown. I remember when we tried to intimidate a group of kids from down the street when they tried coming into our yard because"an accident might happen"or something along those lines. Lawn darts were srs bsns.

The most trouble we got into was when we went around on trash day grabbing old furniture, plywood, all that kind of stuff to use as targets and to see how badly we could damage that stuff with the lawn darts. Of course we didn't get caught until after trash pickup so we had this monstrous and bizarre pile of junk the following week, lol.

k0CFTLW.jpg