The 90's Thread

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Shitty phone recording from directly two rows in front of me: (looked through his vids.. he manages to pan around and show everyone around EXCEPT straight back at me and my bud)

I linked this song because it is especially memorable to me. Dirt was my first CD. I had a portable player with one of those casette conversion thingies to use in my car (later I got a sweet ass Clarion setup). I'd forget that my radio was turned way the fuck loud, and THIS song would come on and blow my ears out on the way to school.

Anyway, I just want to know where the fucking Soundgarden album is. Kim Thayil deserves more work.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So recently moved to Seattle, WA, and just found a radio station that is 100% throwbacks as they call it. I've been jamming so hard lately on my commute, and when I travel around for work! It's all throwback hip hop hits. Fucking great. The 90's were the best!

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
This thread should not be solely for nostalgia (personally don't much care for that). The impetus for its creation was the 80's thread, a great thread, and the fact that as time wears on this one was bound to happen.

This thread serves the following purposes
  • If you have an old metal song from the 90s that you want to put up, post it here. Don't sully up the Metal Thread with old shit. Let folks post new music. A well known song is fine every once in a while, but the point is to inform interested parties of new awesomeness.
  • If you have got a 90s punk song, post it here.
  • Old hip hop, post here.
  • Alternative, definitely post it here.
  • Any and all genres, a song you haven't heard in ages, you know the drill.
  • Relevant underground music that merits more attention.
  • Shittiest pop music nobody wants to remember, here.
  • Whatever else you want to make of it. Its uses are determined by you.
I'm not going to post here anymore, not till the thread takes on a life of its own or dies.

On a related note, Duvall now actually acts like AIC's frontman and sings lead instead of being Jerry Cantrell's backing vocalist. He's improved a lot in five years. Fun show.

No he's not Layne.
Jerry and Layne had the best harmonies from any 90s band imo. Duvall's a good singer, glad to hear Cantrell is letting him take the reins.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Quite possibly one of the greatest music videos ever:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is all well and good, but how many of you experienced the fantastic/awkward/amazing years of

CANADIAN ALTERNATIVE ROCK in the 90s?

Strange times indeed

• 1Like

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the early to mid 90's produced so many amazing Canadian rock albums and bands. It's almost bizarre looking back on it. Very few of them managed to make it outside of Canada, at all. Yet pretty much every single one of them was ten times the band that Nickelback is, and yet those assholes managed to break out huge in the late 90's and early 00's. I don't fucking get it. Headstones, Watchmen, Tea Party, Tragically Hips' heyday (Road Apples, Fully Completely, Day for Night and Trouble at the Henhouse), Our Lady Peace (one or two good albums, anyway), Odds, Big Sugar, I Mother Earth, Moist, Matt Good, Sloan, the list goes on and on.

I realize that a big reason that period speaks to me is that I was in my early to mid teens, and that's probably when you get the most emotionally invested in music because they're such formative years in your life. But something was in the water those years man.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Shit I forgot about mgb. Beautiful Midnight was start to finish amazing.

• 2Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Tea Party and Our Lady Peace were a couple of my favorite acts in the late 90s, and I still listen to the Tea Party on the regular (Latest album was pretty good!)

Granted, I've always been more of a NIN/Filter/Slayer kind of guy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

trainwreck

Trakanon Raider
Not a fan of the album version of this song but I can't get enough of this one.

• 2Like