The Academy Awards

Brikker

Trump's Staff
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
6uX8uGiDVMNIMaicZ8C3q5KIfqn.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Academy Awards[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1953-03-18[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The Academy Awards or The Oscars is an annual American awards ceremony honoring cinematic achievements in the film industry. The various category winners are awarded a copy of a statuette, officially the Academy Award of Merit, that is better known by its nickname Oscar. The awards, first presented in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are overseen by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).

The awards ceremony began in 1929 and was first televised in 1953, making it the oldest entertainment awards ceremony.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Anyone know where I can stream this dumb shit tonight? My wife wants to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
HAHAHA THEY PULLED A STEVE HARVEY ON THE BIGGEST AWARD OF THE NIGHT!

Fucking classic.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did they just accidentally give Warren Beatty the wrong card? Or was this supposed to be some staged sort of reparations-esque display and Beatty was their patsy?

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did they just accidentally give Warren Beatty the wrong card? Or was this supposed to be some staged sort of reparations-esque display and Beatty was their patsy?

All the news is reporting he read it wrong. He explained it at the end. The card he had said "Emma Stone" "La La Land".

It looks like he somehow took a previous card or they had a duplicate for best actress. He didn't read it wrong...

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
That was obviously staged, the award shows are all fake these days which is why I don't waste 3 hrs of my time watching anymore.

Also shouldn't this thread technically be in the movie house?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That was obviously staged, the award shows are all fake these days which is why I don't waste 3 hrs of my time watching anymore.

Also shouldn't this thread technically be in the movie house?
It is a TV show about movies.

Should the WWE thread be in sports, grown up stuff, or TV?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It is a TV show about movies.

Should the WWE thread be in sports, grown up stuff, or TV?

The wwe thread is currently sitting in sports, because it's about wrestling sport even if it's fake, as entertainment on tv.
Once a year awards show entirely about movies is in tv section.

/shrug but your board I'm just asking a question.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The wwe thread is currently sitting in sports, because it's about wrestling sport even if it's fake, as entertainment on tv.
Once a year awards show entirely about movies is in tv section.

/shrug but your board I'm just asking a question.
I didn't make the thread. I am not dictating anything, just bringing up more items for discussion. A meta overlook if you will that not everything fits into a neat box of where it must be discussed.

We also have a thread in general about the Oscars and discussion within the gamer gate thread.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
This thread should be in movies, wtf. Did we have a thread about trump's inauguration in here because we all watched it on TV?