The Adam Project (2022)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
This was just delightful.

Reminded me of Real Steel, which is another Levy movie.

Only real non-spoiler nitpick is there is some laughably bad cgi face replace going on that looks 10+ years outdated.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was just delightful.

Reminded me of Real Steel, which is another Levy movie.

Only real non-spoiler nitpick is there is some laughably bad cgi face replace going on that looks 10+ years outdated.
Yeah the face CGI looked about 10 years ago.

Nice simple feel good story.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finished watching this. Out was really enjoyable. A great mix of sci•fi and jokes, with some mush thrown in for good measure.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Thoroughly enjoyed this, great mix of action, comedy and drama. It was just a really enjoyable movie.

Seven Out

Trakanon Raider
Watched this with my daughter tonight, really enjoyed it. Nothing special, just an entertaining movie. My dad died from cancer in 2018 so of course I was fighting back tears multiple times throughout.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My mom died when I was 17. I was just telling my wife the other day how I really regret how shitty I spoke to my mom and it eats at me years later.

When old Adam is ripping into young Adam about how he treats his mom it just gutted me heh.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun movie with some deep feels and well acted.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My mom died when I was 17. I was just telling my wife the other day how I really regret how shitty I spoke to my mom and it eats at me years later.

When old Adam is ripping into young Adam about how he treats his mom it just gutted me heh.
Dad and Brother died and I'm the only one really left in my mom's life so this movie hits hard

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Drunk driver killed my brother then pancreatic cancer killed my dad. Joined Marines i thought I could make him proud and I've neglected my mom

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Was satisfying, but was so.... dumb. Not even dumb, but yeah.... dumb in the best possible way; just not complex whatsoever and that's a real good thing. You don't need a mental pencil and scrapbook to keep up with the various time jumps, plot points, or hidden surprises. It's like Tenet only in the completely other direction as far as demanding that the viewer be able to mentally juggle all sorts of wonky time "moments". 100% heart, 0% needing to put on your time-travel-in-a-modern-movie hat. Solid feel good movie.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This movie is not good. It's just as uninspired and boring as Free Guy. I was hoping for an homage to all those movies from the 80s I loved growing up. This movie was not that.

Its contrived, the pacing is just entirely wrong, and watching a 12 year old kid try to act like adult Ryan Reynolds is just weird... and jarring. Stranger Things still the only mainstream media that's gotten that old feeling right. Outside of B movie stuff like Turbo Kid, which is way better than this.

Also, holy shit is that de-aging CGI bad

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie is not good. It's just as uninspired and boring as Free Guy. I was hoping for an homage to all those movies from the 80s I loved growing up. This movie was not that.

Its contrived, the pacing is just entirely wrong, and watching a 12 year old kid try to act like adult Ryan Reynolds is just weird... and jarring. Stranger Things still the only mainstream media that's gotten that old feeling right. Outside of B movie stuff like Turbo Kid, which is way better than this.

Also, holy shit is that de-aging CGI bad
The first part of the movie had that 80s vibe. It felt like we were about to embark on this cool adventure with the two Adams going to the ship. Then they put the ship on self repair, go back, and the wife shows up. From then on the movie is just streamlined and completely lost that 80s vibe.

All that being said, it’s successful at being a dumb but fun movie. It was good for what it was but failed to live up to the promise it showed early on.