The Astronomy Thread

khorum

Murder Apologist
pretty interesting tidbit for shareholders - he just said he dumpstered what he made to sound like a perfectly working design ("on par with current design and possibly more stable") because he didn't like the ascetics.
SpaceX is privately held. Musk is trying to make Tesla privately held too lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Something like 81 million was all I found, but maybe that's changed.

You are an artist of sorts, that's for sure.

If by artist you mean cool dude with the tinfoil fedora, thanks!
If not...that hurts man. Like a kick in the nuts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Something like 81 million was all I found, but maybe that's changed.

If by artist you mean cool dude with the tinfoil fedora, thanks!
If not...that hurts man. Like a kick in the nuts.

twas a compliment, you're still the most well rounded conspiracy themed poster we've ever had imo

• 2Jonesing
  • 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Musk just said theyre not disclosing the amount, I dunno where that 81m figure came from. He just said that the flight is dangerous and this passenger was very brave.

BFR will have room for a hundred passengers comfortably wow.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Musk just said theyre not disclosing the amount, I dunno where that 81m figure came from. He just said that the flight is dangerous and this passenger was very brave.

comfortably is subjective

also funny he says their will be extra room for food water and spare parts incase shit fucks up

• 3Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

That number came from me not clicking the link and reading first...my bad.

It was costing NASA 81 million a seat to launch astronauts with Russia.

Hopefully, Musk will say "20k npnp"

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
fucking lol 5b (guess) to develop bfr, careful musk, you're shitting on nasa sls pretty hard bro, they're your customer

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Assuming BFR really does get built and works more or less as proposed, it will make everything else look like a child's toy. SLS... just needs to die.

• 3Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
To be fair, worth the SLS, I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and say they will build one...

Every subsequent one is a complete waste of money. First one is too, but kinda committed and the practice etc has some value

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, worth the SLS, I'm going to give them the benefit of doubt and say they will build one...

Every subsequent one is a complete waste of money. First one is too, but kinda committed and the practice etc has some value
Why in the fuck would you give the team producing the SLS the benefit of the doubt?

I'd trust a crackhead with handling evidence at the DEA before I trusted the chucklefucks at ULA sucking down taxpayer $$$ to build a space launch system.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That cancelling the SLS prior to completing the first one would not recoup enough cost to be worth it.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That cancelling the SLS prior to completing the first one would not recoup enough cost to be worth it.

Bro, let's make an avatar bet right now.

If the SLS gets canceled before moving the SLS outside low earth orbit in any way, you can't use any more pictures of half naked dudes, sam deathwalker or otherwise. If the SLS ever gets outside LEO, name your terms.

My argument is: It's a waste of money, is totally invalidated by the BFR, and should be canceled ASAP.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I agree whole heatedly, but it's Tuesday and I'm trying to tint my realism with optimism.

It won't be cancelled prior to it's first launch. Best I'm hoping for is after the first launch.

There is an argument to be made for rocketry as a national security item, but that should be done from the ground up with the same reusable methods as blue origin and space x

• 1Like