The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
You should buy a PS pro and get off that PAL-CRT and join the rest of civilization.

I have one, it's been gathering dust since I beat P5 earlier this year. Turns out P5 was the only decent exclusive released on it this year, with HZD having very little in the way of player retention. I even ordered it on my US account so I could play it a day earlier, and it was a mediocre mess.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to take a big pass on Persona 5. I do love RPGs, and I understand the appeal of P5, but think it would get tedious to me well before the end of the game.

HZD on the other hand is definitely one I will pick up eventually. I'm picking up Final Fantasy 12 and World of Final Fantasy already, tho, and don't want to get in the habit of buying a bunch of epic games without beating them... So I'm going to wait til I beat those before I buy more games like HZD.

Rocket League is a great suggestion. I almost forgot about it, but remember all the hype it had for quite awhile after it first came out, and I think it's exactly what I'm looking for. Some games we can digest in small bites between sessions on our RPGs.

Its not exactly what I'm looking for, but I think I might pick up No Man's Sky too... Probably going to be really cheap in the used section by this point I bet.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to take a big pass on Persona 5. I do love RPGs, and I understand the appeal of P5, but think it would get tedious to me well before the end of the game.

HZD on the other hand is definitely one I will pick up eventually. I'm picking up Final Fantasy 12 and World of Final Fantasy already, tho, and don't want to get in the habit of buying a bunch of epic games without beating them... So I'm going to wait til I beat those before I buy more games like HZD.

Rocket League is a great suggestion. I almost forgot about it, but remember all the hype it had for quite awhile after it first came out, and I think it's exactly what I'm looking for. Some games we can digest in small bites between sessions on our RPGs.

I think I might pick up No Man's Sky too... Probably going to be really cheap in the used section by this point I bet.

WoFF is really good, and XII is XII, so it's kinda personal preference. I'd suggest trying Infamous if you do enjoy feeling powerful, but the game is pretty short. (which might actually be good if you're burned out on a longer game).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile in the land of fun, we have an awesome coop party with monster hunter beta! Drunk gaming already started. It’s 7am for Tokyo boy and brewchop and his kid are gtg!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
PS4 Pros are $50 off this week at $349 for base, a lot of bundles are discounted too like the Battlefront 2 and Destiny 2 PS4 Pro's to $399. If you trade in something to amazon you get a $50 coupon making a base PS4 Pro $299 + the trade credit from the tradein.
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14162651011

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
PS4 Pros are $50 off this week at $349 for base, a lot of bundles are discounted too like the Battlefront 2 and Destiny 2 PS4 Pro's to $399. If you trade in something to amazon you get a $50 coupon making a base PS4 Pro $299 + the trade credit from the tradein.
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14162651011

Fuuuuuuuuck. I couldn't resist.

Traded in my PS3 (amazon doesn't want any of my games) and got a PS4 Pro and FF12 Zodiac Age for a grand total of $268 since apparently the Amazon moving promo applies to PS4s

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
While it’s not my main console I’ll be the first to admit PlayStation had a ton of amazing console exclusives last year including Nioh and Nier. Bloodborne is amazing and the art style is bad ass.

Uncharted 4 and lost legacy we’re a lot of fun and I’d give them both 8/10 if you play HDR 4k. I’d strongly suggest getting the Nathan Drake collection and playing that first. UC2 is one of my favorite games ever. Also Horizon Zero Dawn was great.

Also I’m not a big fan of a game where you role play High school kids who sit around and fuck Waifu body pillows all day so I wouldn’t know about Persona 5.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
While it’s not my main console I’ll be the first to admit PlayStation had a ton of amazing console exclusives last year including Nioh and Nier. Bloodborne is amazing and the art style is bad ass.

Uncharted 4 and lost legacy we’re a lot of fun and I’d give them both 8/10 if you play HDR 4k. I’d strongly suggest getting the Nathan Drake collection and playing that first. UC2 is one of my favorite games ever. Also Horizon Zero Dawn was great.

Also I’m not a big fan of a game where you role play High school kids who sit around and fuck Waifu body pillows all day so I wouldn’t know about Persona 5.

bullshit, you were just talking about your new waifu pillows last weekend!

spronk

FPS noob
persona 5 is more about role playing as a kid who all adult chicks wanna fuck, i dunno whats going on in japan but it seems like a pretty cool place if you're a guy. If you are a chick though you either become a sex slave or a maid/stripper, based on my extensive research (persona 5 and yakuza 0)

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
persona 5 is more about role playing as a kid who all adult chicks wanna fuck, i dunno whats going on in japan but it seems like a pretty cool place if you're a guy. If you are a chick though you either become a sex slave or a maid/stripper, based on my extensive research (persona 5 and yakuza 0)

Hey, you can be both AND a teacher as a woman in Japan, jeez man - selling women short.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Now I feel like a real retard getting a non-pro PS4 in august when I already was 50% sure I'd be buying a 4k tv around christmas. FML.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My PS4 Pro will be hooked up to either my monitor or a 9 year old 32" 720p tv until I buy a 4k tv sometime next year.

It gets here today, I've got FF12 Zodiac age coming with it and I'm going to grab Bloodborne. HZD is on the list for later and I already have Nier and Nioh on pc. What other games should I be looking for?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My PS4 Pro will be hooked up to either my monitor or a 9 year old 32" 720p tv until I buy a 4k tv sometime next year.

It gets here today, I've got FF12 Zodiac age coming with it and I'm going to grab Bloodborne. HZD is on the list for later and I already have Nier and Nioh on pc. What other games should I be looking for?

I'm assuming you already played both new tomb raiders and Last of Us?