The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Don’t care about the PS4 exclusives we all play it on the Xbox for ground war.

Don’t buy disc so no need to eject!

PS4 ui may be snappier but it’s meh.

The way they do backwards compatibility has always been a huge turn off to me.

In the end a console to me and most is preference. I use my pc to play games I can with friends on Xbox. The new COD is cross platform and goin forward I hope most games are cross platform.

Games sell a system, SP games that is. So no need to not have ALL MP games be cross platform at all.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Flight Sim seems like a compelling exclusive case for getting a series X to me. Haven't upgraded my PC in 8 years, and think I'd rather just get a series X to play it on at this point (assuming it comes to XBOX relatively soon.) Anybody could have fun fucking around on that game in the comfort of the living room playing on an 80 incher.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 ui may be snappier but it’s meh.
I vastly prefer PS4 UI because at most they add one unwanted icon (pushing sales, PS Now, etc.) to the main strip that I can quickly remove. Xbone UI is full of promotional (and sometimes straight up advertising) shit all over the place and much of it cannot be removed at all. And the Xbox is just as bad as Windows 10 when it comes to all of MS' telemetry shit.

It's not enough to stop me buying a Series X over a PS5, but I do hope MS makes major changes (read: removes at least half the shit on the current home screen) for next gen. I have a feeling this is the kind of shit that only gets worse with new iterations though.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The overall experience is just more complete. I prefer the UI of the Xbox and it’s not as drab and more appealing. Like I said the PS4 has better single player games but for MP games I enjoy the overall look and feel of the Xbox and Xbox live. I do always buy all systems except Nintendo but I do play the PS4 about 1/10th the amount of the Xbox mainly because we play all the big MP titles there together.
I’m trying to understand why some people say Xbox online MP is better because I’m honestly wanting to understand the viewpoint. You listed the UI (which has nothing to do with Xbox live MP and is an ad riddled piece of laggy shit on Xbox) and “overall look and feel” which I’m struggling to understand what you mean considering in game there’s not much difference.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’m trying to understand why some people say Xbox online MP is better because I’m honestly wanting to understand the viewpoint. You listed the UI (which has nothing to do with Xbox live MP and is an ad riddled piece of laggy shit on Xbox) and “overall look and feel” which I’m struggling to understand what you mean considering in game there’s not much difference.

From what I can tell it was just a lot of words to say that he plays on the platform that the people he plays with play on, and the only actual difference between the two is the controller.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
From what I can tell it was just a lot of words to say that he plays on the platform that the people he plays with play on, and the only actual difference between the two is the controller.

While this is true - i also just dont like the PS4 UI - its just meh - and i actually like the xbox UI - Yeah it could be better optimized but i dont notice the lag much on my 1X - not enough for it to bother me that is. The controller is also a huge factor, but even if i could have used it on the ps4 i wouldnt play it more because im not much into SP games - I either read, use my PC or play MP games on xbox and thats that - I have my PS4 for the random game i really want to play like FF7R. Besides console competition is dumb, just buy them all and call it a day.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I vastly prefer PS4 UI because at most they add one unwanted icon (pushing sales, PS Now, etc.) to the main strip that I can quickly remove. Xbone UI is full of promotional (and sometimes straight up advertising) shit all over the place and much of it cannot be removed at all. And the Xbox is just as bad as Windows 10 when it comes to all of MS' telemetry shit.

It's not enough to stop me buying a Series X over a PS5, but I do hope MS makes major changes (read: removes at least half the shit on the current home screen) for next gen. I have a feeling this is the kind of shit that only gets worse with new iterations though.
‘They pee on me, but atleast it’s hot’. PS5, bro.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

I prefer the PS UI also except they've taken some bad steps back recently in my opinion. What they did the the TV&Video section is an abomination. Hiding it behind another tile and menu screen took what was a couple click process in to a much longer loading and navigation irritant. Originally (?) you just cascaded down in to your video apps and options. Now you have to click it, load a whole new screen, and wait for all the preview tiles to load and your ribbon and extra garbage. No pinning anything to the main menu, no customizing it. It is trash.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Which is fine I guess, I was trying to figure out if i was missing some capability or feature that Xbox live had. Playing where your friends play is a good reason but that doesn’t really provide any justification for thinking it is better than the alternative.

For me both UIs are pretty garbage, but Xbox is quite a bit worse. The controller is just a matter of being used to them, I don’t really think one is better than the other outside of a few niche games like racing where the Xbox controller is definitely better.

I own XBoneS and PS4 Pro right now, obviously use the pro more. The faggotry of not releasing any details until so late and the generous amount of black cock both companies are gobbling (Sony has been worse) has turned me off getting either for now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Which is fine I guess, I was trying to figure out if i was missing some capability or feature that Xbox live had. Playing where your friends play is a good reason but that doesn’t really provide any justification for thinking it is better than the alternative.

For me both UIs are pretty garbage, but Xbox is quite a bit worse. The controller is just a matter of being used to them, I don’t really think one is better than the other outside of a few niche games like racing where the Xbox controller is definitely better.

I own XBoneS and PS4 Pro right now, obviously use the pro more. The faggotry of not releasing any details until so late and the generous amount of black cock both companies are gobbling (Sony has been worse) has turned me off getting either for now.

From my own anecdotal memory Xbox online was more accessible back in the day. But again I largely attribute that to the fact that my college roomates were very much more Xbros and doing Halo, Madden, NHL, etc... I was very much a PC / Playstation, with PC being my multiplayer. Oh and Dreamcast for a few titles and Gamecube for Ikaruga. It always just seemed like the Xbox had a much larger multiplayer-base from the get go around me.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it is a thing anymore, but when the PS4 first arrived it's networking implementation was a mess and xbox was rock solid.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
From my own anecdotal memory Xbox online was more accessible back in the day. But again I largely attribute that to the fact that my college roomates were very much more Xbros and doing Halo, Madden, NHL, etc... I was very much a PC / Playstation, with PC being my multiplayer. Oh and Dreamcast for a few titles and Gamecube for Ikaruga. It always just seemed like the Xbox had a much larger multiplayer-base from the get go around me.
PSN definitely was worse than Xbox live, but that was quite awhile ago. And the 360/ps3 era in NA definitely had more Xbox players than PS players, but that seems to have flipped for ps4/xbone

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
PSN definitely was worse than Xbox live, but that was quite awhile ago. And the 360/ps3 era in NA definitely had more Xbox players than PS players, but that seems to have flipped for ps4/xbone

Sure, I was just saying it seems like people adopted a standard for their multiplayer preference and carried it forward today and we don't see that in the overall shift to PS vs. Xbox that came with playerbase and sales.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sure, I was just saying it seems like people adopted a standard for their multiplayer preference and carried it forward today and we don't see that in the overall shift to PS vs. Xbox that came with playerbase and sales.
But there obviously was a shift based on the NA sales numbers between generations. At an individual level peoples’ friend group may not have changed but there are plenty that did.

I’m hopeful with crossplay becoming more of a thing that it won’t matter as much next gen.

83CCF9AF-C0DA-4DE8-83B0-90ED82EBCC5E.jpeg

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah man MP is still king on Xbox and XBL is still the best. Yeah they suck balls for 1st party exclusives but I’ve never bought a console with that in mind since I don’t do many SP games.

also DualShock sucks and saying it’s same as Xbox is heresy.

I continue to buy Xbox over PS, and multiplayer is a major motivation. Microsoft’s new approach has only cemented my loyalty. I have a group of 8 or so friends that all play games but with varying degrees of dedication. The fact that I could upgrade to the One X day one and now the Series X day one and still play with the 2-3 of the group rocking the original Xbox One is something I can’t pass on.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
COD, Apex, and some other games are going full on CrossPlatform and its a beautiful thing

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I continue to buy Xbox over PS, and multiplayer is a major motivation. Microsoft’s new approach has only cemented my loyalty. I have a group of 8 or so friends that all play games but with varying degrees of dedication. The fact that I could upgrade to the One X day one and now the Series X day one and still play with the 2-3 of the group rocking the original Xbox One is something I can’t pass on.

I too have some retarded friends that, for some reason, haven't moved to PC.

• 1Moron

Gator

Molten Core Raider
COD, Apex, and some other games are going full on CrossPlatform and its a beautiful thing
Yea, this is so nice. I've been playing warzone with some buddies from work. Two are on X-box, one on PC, and two of us are on PS4.

I've been a loyal Playstation user since PSone so I'll stay on the Playstation ecosystem. I'm not a fan of the white console so unless they announce something I can't resist I'll wait. I have no issues with the PS4pro, as of right now, but if reviews come in saying there a noticeable jump in performance for older games and still working on I might cave. Until then, you know...BCM

• 1Like