The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
AC 4/COD/ FIFA 14 will tie me over the first month or two. Cod usually gives me a solid month or two. Probably get Ryse just for shits and gigs. I gotta say with Watchdogs out of the picture the launch titles are extremely under whelming.
tide you over

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Lol. I am not getting pulled into a Ps4 / Xbone debate.

I am getting the Xbox one. For multiple reasons- I know the Ps4 is 'more powerful' I just don't care. As to the Destiny comment, I have no idea about differences between the two, possibly I will research some, but I don't honestly care much. I'd gladly pay more and be on a slightly inferior system than have to use the Play station's shitty controller.

As to the other poster, yes PC will have 64 players. I don't play on PC, I play on console...
If the controller is one of the main reasons you want xbone over ps4, I'd at least give the DS4 a try when they roll out the display consoles to more stores. Supposedly even people who hated the DS3 prefer the DS4 over the xbone controller.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
As to the Destiny comment, I have no idea about differences between the two, possibly I will research some, but I don't honestly care much. I'd gladly pay more and be on a slightly inferior system than have to use the Play station's shitty controller.
Sounds like the "exclusive" Destiny content will besimilar to the Microsoft/CoD agreement. In other words, everyone will get that content, PS will just get it sooner.

If you're worried about the controllers - you might want to research that as well.... 9-1 people that used to love the 360 controller prefer the PS4 now... literally there's no good argument for XBOne besides if you like the Kinect nonsense. Or the handful of exclusives of which DR3 is the best looking and it doesn't really look that incredible.
Nonsense.

DMK_sl

shitlord
If you're worried about the controllers - you might want to research that as well.... 9-1 people that used to love the 360 controller prefer the PS4 now... literally there's no good argument for XBOne besides if you like the Kinect nonsense. Or the handful of exclusives of which DR3 is the best looking and it doesn't really look that incredible.
What an ABSOLUTE load of shit. Where you get your stats from.... the toilet store?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What an ABSOLUTE load of shit. Where you get your stats from.... the toilet store?
Uhm - there's been quite a few reviews posted that keep saying it - I've seen 1 or 2 that were happier with the XBOne controller and over a dozen praising the PS4. Go through the thread, I think at least 4-5 of them were posted in here for Christ's sake.

But maybe I should've said 9:1 of reviewers have preferred it. (Some even said they prefer PS3 to XBOne in a few of the reviews)

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, the PS4 is getting pretty universal praise for its controller. It'll probably be the go to one of the next generation.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
Uhm - there's been quite a few reviews posted that keep saying it - I've seen 1 or 2 that were happier with the XBOne controller and over a dozen praising the PS4. Go through the thread, I think at least 4-5 of them were posted in here for Christ's sake.

But maybe I should've said 9:1 of reviewers have preferred it. (Some even said they prefer PS3 to XBOne in a few of the reviews)
Here are two that prefer XB1 (both from the first page of google results for "ps4 controller vs xbox one controller"). Now you go find me 18 that say PS4.

In testing the two controllers at E3 2013, Sony's DualShock 4 felt leaps-and-bounds better than the PS3 DualShock 3 controller, however, it was only catching up to comfort already provided by the Xbox 360 and now Xbox One gamepads.
Source

When taken together, I prefer the Xbox One controller by a nose.
Source

Vaclav

PS4 vs XBOX ONE - DualShock 4 vs XBone Controller Review - Hands-on. - YouTube(which is earlier in the thread)

The Xbox One Controller Side-By-Side with the PS4 Controllerseems to definitely lean that way once you read the internal links ("better feel of")

Xbox One vs PS4 ??" controller showdown | Stuffhas definite implications "Massive improvement" vs "negligibly better than 360"

Or lets just stick with this one rather than me hunting down another 18:PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Nearly 75 Percent Of Gamers Prefer The Playstation 4s Dualshock 4 Controller According To Polls
75% of people so far are preferring PS4's controller in their polling.

Also note neither of yours decided to discuss the handling on the analog sticks which is supposed to be almost perfect on the PS4 from what reviewers have said versus no notable improvement in the case of XBone - considering how valuable analog sticks are for control on a console these days you can do the math. (Also triggers on PS4 are dominating in opinions as well likely the second most important factor - and 360's D-Pad was improved substantially with the XB1 controller, but it's a rare functionality)
Especially since as the below graphic demonstrates the biggest complaint against PS3 (it's size) is clearly not an issue now, if anything XBoxOne's in comparison is too small.
Google Image Result for http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes.com/files/styles/v2_article_large/public/2013/06/25/ps4-xbox-one-controllers_0.jpg

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
So I have ps4 preorder but no game so far. Every launch game will be on PSN so I do not need to order any games. Correct?

Vaclav

So I have ps4 preorder but no game so far. Every launch game will be on PSN so I do not need to order any games. Correct?
Assuming you don't care about physical media for the ability to trade-in and such, nope doesn't matter at all unless something changes and some become disc only.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You guys are like two dorks arguing whose fat girlfriend accrues a smaller bill at dinner.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You guys are like two dorks arguing whose fat girlfriend accrues a smaller bill at dinner.
You're trying to tempt us into saying something that will get us rickshawed aren't you?

I'm onto you Tuco, you shifty eyed son of a gun.

Vaclav

So by only posting 3 (with some super sketchy interpretation thrown in), I assume you are conceding that your 9:1 comment was bullshit? Thanks, that's all I needed to know.
I never actually tallied - nor did I mean to claim to - I usually phrase things like that as "something like 9:1" but apparently I omitted the indefinite - but the numbers being higher on PS4 side is an absolute - overall people love the PS4 controller and are mixed on the XB1 controller - some do love it, but it's mixed no one has yet to say the PS4 controller is crap and more than a few have really been critical on the XB1 controller, some even saying it was a DOWNGRADE to the 360's.

(And note, I've been fortunate enough to handle a PS4 controller now - and I definitely feel it's a killer controller, although I'm a small handed guy so my experience isn't likely a "typical American one" - but also I have no XB1 controller experience yet to compare it to - but PS4 vs. 360 I'd use PS4 any day of the week, whereas PS3 vs. 360 would only be a handful of situations I'd prefer the PS3 controller, mostly D-Pad related)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're trying to tempt us into saying something that will get us rickshawed aren't you?

I'm onto you Tuco, you shifty eyed son of a gun.
Your biggest risk of getting rickshawed is to jump face first ass up in some thread and unleash a shit-volcano in it against anyone who will engage you. But you can pretty much say whatever you want to me.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
fB19z.gif