The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Omg console fanboy shit is funny. Just got out of gamestop and some guy is trying to convince everyone that you can't tell the difference between upscaled 720p and 1080p because you are to far away from the TV to notice. I asked if I could record video of him saying that and he got kinda mad lol.

spronk

FPS noob
looks like amazon got its PS4s

b61ZUmE.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Wow, 54 PS4's per pallet. And I lost track of how many pallets. I would guess that it's around 28 of them, though. So... that particular amazon warehouse has at least 1,512 PS4's to deliver.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The only thing I want from all the Steam OS stuff is an HDMI dongle like Chromecast to stream my PC to my TV.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Dunno if this has been posted:
See Whats Inside the PlayStation 4 With These Exclusive Photos | Game|Life | Wired.com

Some "good" pictures of the innards of the ps4. I like the design/placement of the on/off and eject buttons. Now, let's see Microsoft do a similar teardown lol.
Here's one for the Xbone:From Green Light to Boot-Up: Behind the Scenes of Xbox Ones Development | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

It's pretty simple. Just a big honkin' fan and heatsink, no exhaust stuff.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think there will be a couple more. Next generation will be shit that runs on 4k TVs and super high-def headmounted VR displays like the Oculus Rift. It will take quite alotof power to run those units if you have 4k (2160p) in each eye lens. System requirements are going to continue to advance, we are not even remotely close to hitting a ceiling on graphical fidelity, AI, and Physics processing. Plus there's the issue of storage and games are only going to get bigger from here on out. Mobile devices aren't replacing shit until mass cloud gaming is a reality and a real viable alternative and the global internet infrastructure is going to require a massive paradigm shift for that to happen.
At this point we'll be thankful that 'next gen' in 7 years is 1080p60 consistently. And applauding Sony or some random Japanese company's Moonbox for 30% of their shit hitting 1440p30

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, with that fan positioning, does your PS4 need to sit vertically all the time?
Haven't there been general issues every generation with setting your console vertically? I may be remembering this wrong from a bad experience or something but it just seems like every console that's been standing vertically after a few years starts to have disc drive issues.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Haven't there been general issues every generation with setting your console vertically? I may be remembering this wrong from a bad experience or something but it just seems like every console that's been standing vertically after a few years starts to have disc drive issues.
That's more of an urban legend than anything else. The main issue was bumping old fat X360s while vertical, that could cause them to chew up discs. Not sure if any other vertical consoles had that problem, but it's possible. Shit's fine as long as you don't knock it around while reading the disc, basically.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've heard that the PS4 actually runs cooler if it's sitting vertically. However, the vertical stand is only going to be sole via 3rd party suppliers. It's not going to come in the box the way the PS2 & PS3's stand came.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I doubt they would put a drive in that would fail vertically after ~26000 hours. The MTTF on drives is somewhere in the high 500k-1M hours.

Although, anything is possible. RROD I'm talking to you.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Is it an official pic? Because if not, I am fairly sure that is not an Amazon warehouse. Namely because walking into one while keeping any sort of electronic/metallic objects on your person is pretty much impossible.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is it an official pic? Because if not, I am fairly sure that is not an Amazon warehouse. Namely because walking into one while keeping any sort of electronic/metallic objects on your person is pretty much impossible.
IF that's true how would they get the Ps4s in the warehouse?
rimshot.jpg