The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lol ... I'll have to stop by a target on my way to Seattle on Friday to find out. to many conflicting sources.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
@asktarget twitter, first try said:

@mattfarloly The Zelda bundle isn't included on our Black Friday 3DS price. Check your store for game availability: tgt.biz/1ggD8U1.

Now they are telling everyone that it is included.

spronk

FPS noob
few targets have the zelda 3ds xl bundle now so they are including it as a PR move, unless you live near a obama welfare neighborhood you probably won't see one.

walmarts however have started selling in advance a new bundle. its white with a decal of mario and luigi on the front and you get the latest mario/luigi game with it. Target is still your best bet to get the 3ds xl for $150 tomorrow, amazon will have it but very limited stock and probably be gone in a few seconds (they had it yesterday at $150 and it sold out in 3 seconds).
mario-luigi-3ds-xl_28073.nphd.jpg

also frys electronics AND walmart will be matching the PS+ 1 year for ~$28 (Frys at like $28, Walmart at $29?) so itll be pretty much available everywhere for $30 or so on friday. good time to pick up 2.

wife really wanted to see hunger games so we went monday night, i took my zelda 3ds xl and was like the only guy in the theater, every girl saw me being a great sensitive guy and wanted the D, but then saw me playing zelda and for some reason they rolled their eyes and made tsking sounds. I assume they all were just jelly of my gold 3DS and were mentally making notes to buy one on black friday. I was wearing sweat pants and a World of Warcraft hoodie so you know I was keeping it tight.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Vita bundles on sale at best buy for $170.

I'm really tempted to pick one up just for remote play, not even vita games.

Are there any good vita rpgs?
The Vita RPG library is somewhat limited but there are a few gems out there. P4G is fucking fantastic and is the only game (of my 20+ game library) that I actually paid money for. Soul Sacrifice is a lot of fun (though more action oriented) and is free with PS+ as of yesterday. Dragon's Crown is really fun and I feel the vita version plays better than the PS3 one. Valhalla Knights 3 also came out recently and I've heard mixed reviews about it.

All that said, if your home internet connection is decent the remote play with your PS4 is worth the cost alone. Being able to rock a PS4 game seamlessly on my Vita while the girlfriend is watching our only TV is amazing.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Amazon is going to have digital downloads of PS+ at 30 bucks on Friday, so if you don't plan on going to an actual store, you can still get a good deal on PS+.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Add in the added weight of the 6 AA batteries that lasted 2 hours plus the extra 12 you had to carry and it's a wonder it wasn't banned at all
I played the shit out of some Eco the Dolphin on my Game Gear. The Sonic games were decent too. If I remember, there was a jet game that I bought, but I wasn't very good at it. But I loved the Game Gear.

Going say that no one bought batteries past the first month of owning a game gear. Your parents bought the ac adapter which had a Xbox360 like brick in the middle of the cord and you sat ur ass near a socket

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I keep hoping that these new consoles and their games will draw me back into consoles and away from PCs, or at the least let the 2 coexist, but neither Xbox or PS are showing me anything I want.
frown.png

Quite disappoint.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I hated that you couldn't play Gameboy in the dark.

When I was growing up, my parents had a big American Eagle bus thing (motor home). I had an AC adapter on my Game Gear, and every year we would drive to Florida for a week and stay at Fort Wilderness in Disney World (back when River Country was still around, before they even opened Typhoon Lagoon) I used to love driving there. We also stayed at River Ranch once or twice to visit my grand parents who would live there for 3 months out of a year.

Anyway, I had the AC Adapter just so I could plug it into the wall and entertain myself for the 10 hour drive we took in the motor home to get to Florida. Good times.

Later on in my slightly adult life, I purchased my first Game Boy. It was smaller than the normal one, and green. I bought Pokemon also... it was the only game I ever owned for GB.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I hated that you couldn't play Gameboy in the dark.

When I was growing up, my parents had a big American Eagle bus thing (motor home). I had an AC adapter on my Game Gear, and every year we would drive to Florida for a week and stay at Fort Wilderness in Disney World (back when River Country was still around, before they even opened Typhoon Lagoon) I used to love driving there. We also stayed at River Ranch once or twice to visit my grand parents who would live there for 3 months out of a year.

Anyway, I had the AC Adapter just so I could plug it into the wall and entertain myself for the 10 hour drive we took in the motor home to get to Florida. Good times.

Later on in my slightly adult life, I purchased my first Game Boy. It was smaller than the normal one, and green. I bought Pokemon also... it was the only game I ever owned for GB.
rrr_img_50937.jpg

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I had both the light and the AC adapter. The power surging through the adapter used to make it get hot and numb my fingers, but I didn't care, Windfish wasn't gonna wake itself!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had a Game Gear, but we were allowed to use it during study period in like 3rd or 4th grade so I had to use batteries. I think my parents wanted me to die accidentally and not have to buy anymore batteries. When my aunt was in the hospital with terminal cancer I gave it to her since she loved video games. When she died it was just gone, but I figured it was worth it if it helped at all.