The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I think one manufacturer winning is a bad thing. Look at desktop PCs. Intel and Nvidia can do whatever the fuck they want because AMD can't compete. They are slow to release new tech and they price it astronomically because they can. It's no good for any game lover if there is only one console worth designing for.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Why does a console have to be popular to be a worthy purchase? What's wrong with liking what you like? I enjoy my Xbox One so much I bought another one for my living room, tbh. So in my family alone we have four.
Like what you like. When companies shit away market share in areas they dominated don't be surprised when people have some fun with it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So the free PS4 game on PS+ this month is Mercenary Kings. Really pushing that next-gen technology.

3nquKiu.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Both consoles are pretty much the same to develop for, no 3rd party publisher is going to release an exclusive version unless they are paid to. Too much money to be made.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I think one manufacturer winning is a bad thing. Look at desktop PCs. Intel and Nvidia can do whatever the fuck they want because AMD can't compete. They are slow to release new tech and they price it astronomically because they can. It's no good for any game lover if there is only one console worth designing for.
A lot of us agree with that statement.

However, a lot of us also think that Microsoft screwed the pooch with the XBone. By most standards it would have been a decent system but compared to the PS4 it's, clearly, an inferior system that, at launch, cost $100 more. Healthy competition is good but Microsoft screwed themselves with a lot of really bad decisions. And those of us who feel that competition is good also believe that the market should punish bad decisions.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't let Gaige fool you. If the Xbone wasn't a distant 2nd, he would be in here talking all sorts of retarded shit. Anyway, Angelwatch is spot on. Competition is definitely good, but so is comeuppance to a company who takes their position in a market for granted.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've already stated, probably 150 pages ago that I thought competition drives innovation. The problem is the xboner is differentiating itself from the PS4 by marketing itself as an all-in-one entertainment machine while the PS4 is a gaming machine. If the numbers are bad, I guarantee we won't see another iteration from MS. The only other competitor at this point is Nintendo, and they aren't doing great either.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I've already stated, probably 150 pages ago that I thought competition drives innovation. The problem is the xboner is differentiating itself from the PS4 by marketing itself as an all-in-one entertainment machine while the PS4 is a gaming machine. If the numbers are bad, I guarantee we won't see another iteration from MS. The only other competitor at this point is Nintendo, and they aren't doing great either.
The xbox isn't going anywhere. The absolute worst thing that will happen is it will get spun off to stand on its own but there is no fucking way they will kill it out right.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Typical Americans, more concerned about consuming congealed fat than having a sophisticated discussion of how PS4 beats the shit out of the xbone.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I recall people mentioning rubber on DS4s tearing and replacements or something? Anyone care to relink or repeat the process? Mine's starting to tear.

Szlia

Edge is running a 'Can Microsoft turn things around for Xbox One?' cover story this month.

Preview

One prominent Xbox One owner and former Microsoft employee sees Kinect rather differently, however. "I actually wish Kinect wasn't a requirement," 22cans' Peter Molyneux tells us. "It feels like an unnecessary add-on to me. Maybe it's because we're in England, and it doesn't really use the TV stuff, but it feels more and more like a joke. My son and I sit there saying random things at it, and it doesn't work. They could cost-reduce it [by removing Kinect]. I'm sure they're going to release an Xbox One without Kinect. It would be unthinkable that they wouldn't."
From the guy who was hired to hype the then called Project Natal!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Peter Molyneux's entire fucking career is based around hyping shit that ends up sucking, so I'm not surprised.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yet another price drop/sale.

Target has the Xbone, Titanfall pack in, and 13 months of Xbox Live for $449. Effectively making the console $330.

Jesus they must be hurting. Badly. MS is now filling people's heads full of BS saying that with the DX12 roll out, all games will be 1080p60.

Big new sale makes Xbox One much cheaper than PS4 - Yahoo Games

(Still not buying it - if they come out with Backwards compatibility for the 360 I will - because my other 360 broke and my Slim is in the hands of a teenager up in his room - so my wife and I would like to play Rock Band 3 again one day - I have the PS3, the PS4 and Wii U in our home theater)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shame for MS I just upgraded phones, would probably take the plunge at that price on a normal month.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I recall people mentioning rubber on DS4s tearing and replacements or something? Anyone care to relink or repeat the process? Mine's starting to tear.
Mine started to get fucked after I started playing BF4, I just bought some silicon caps for them and they're no longer a problem.

Apparently the Xbone sticks fit the DS4 as well and are sturdier, eventually I'll pick some up from Ebay.