The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
nah unfortunately no deal on PS4s - like two weeks ago buying a new PS4 also got you a free Vita TV, but thats not in right now. I bought launch PS4 so its 15 months old, with a movers coupon the PS4 at Best Buy ended up $360+tax so for like $30 I swapped to a brand new PS4 and controller. Plus it came with The Last of us (digital) which I will give to a buddy for some beer, and a $10 PSN credit, and $5 Sony Store credit. Launch PS4s as most of us know had issues with the dualshock 4 controllers, especially the nubs tearing after a while. Trading that in and getting a new controller is great, plus the warranty now is reset to 1 year (and I could extend to 3 years if I want).

Already bought it and installed my 1TB drive and downloading games now, took like 15 minutes total to swap and was total plug and play. Gotta love PSN/xbox for portable accounts. Only sucky thing is reinstalling GTA5 takes like 4 hours
frown.png

I'm Best Buy Elite+ though so if they have a sale in the next 45 days on a new PS4 I could go in and price adjust mine to match, like a free year of PS+ or whatever and I could get that

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Was talking to some people in TeamSpeak the other night and remembered that the PlayStation TV was a thing. Who ended up getting one and has experience streaming PS4 games? Over WiFi or Wired? Wouldn't mind having one for upstairs and using one of my computer monitors to double as a PS stream if the wife is using the main room TV.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Indeed, same - it was just hidden in a side panel of something when I was checking the sale weeks for Spring Fever - and was like WHAT THE HELL?! HOW IS THIS NEWS TO ME?!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What was the original release date? I'm not even paying attention to shit until it's pretty much released these days, often months after! I've gone soft.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Playstation Vue service also delayed, was due Q1 and is now 'nationwide by the end of the year' per a new WSJ article.

spronk

FPS noob
a bit of a bummer but i trust naughty dog to take the time they need to make a great game

it'll be interesting to see if Microsoft delays Tomb Raider or Halo 5, since those are the big two that UC4 were going up against. If either of them launches like a piece of shit (ala Halo MCC) it'll set back xbox one a lot, but if both are really good then see some momentum shift.

i'm just happy i sold my launch ps4 to gamestop for $345 and bought a new one for $360 this weekend, its a lot quieter than launch ps4, i'd be happy to replace my ps4 every 12-18 months for almost nothing.

spronk

FPS noob
you can import this from japan for like $600 (?), since PS4 is region free it'll play all your US games. they were also selling PS4 face plates at PSX, not sure what happened to those or if they cover only the left plate or both

MGS5PS4-3.jpg