The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Wow, and that's only faster than 88% of Japan.

Hey Chysamere, I'm headed back to Tokyo this August with my wife and daugher. Want to have a beer somewhere?
Sure thing. Pity you're bringing the wife or I'd take you to Soapland
smile.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_49900.jpg

Yeah it's getting great reviews from every outlet - might even average out to be better than Galaxy 1 and 2 on Metacritic when it's done.

New Zelda handheld also getting high scores.
NINTENDOMINATION!!!!!

No, but really, if people are looking to get a console for the kids immediate entertainment this year, the Wii U is definitely the way to go, and honestly, adults wouldn't be going wrong to snag one up during a sale this Christmas season if possible.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh and I don't even own a Wii U. The gamer in me is trying to make me buy one just for that.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hey I love my ps4 but ain't none of the games on it gonna be garnering those kinds of reviews for awhile.

Nintendo's in a good spot this Christmas if they can get the advertising ramped up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nintendo needs to quit making consoles and stick to making handhelds for kids and games for xbox and PS. Then really profit.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't make financial or game development sense for them to - it's like saying Apple should just stop making phones and Mac's and just sell their operating systems. Nintendo and Apple are very similar in this aspect.

Being able to make hardware that is molded to fit your games you want to make (or OS in Apple's case) if you have the financial means, rather than the other way around, means your games/software will be that much better. It makes for consistent, highly polished releases.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nintendo needs to quit making consoles and stick to making handhelds for kids and games for xbox and PS. Then really profit.
Well this gen they're not doing so well, but the Wii racked up an insane amount of money, it's not like they've been dead for years or anything. What'd be interesting I think is if they had a full division specialized on porting their shit to PC instead, cause it's not a market they're directly competing with but they could probably get a decent bunch of sales if they teamed up with say Steam and sold all the Wiiware shit there too. Not their style though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
PS4 Is the First Device in the World to Include New DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 Decoder | DualShockers

DTS, Inc. announced with a press release that PS4 owners have something extra to look forward to from their new console in terms of audio fidelity, as the PS4 is the very first consumer electronics device in the world to include the new and shiny DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 decoder.

The new decoder allows the delivery of 7.1 audio data at the enormous bit rate of 512 Kb per seconds, which basically means that streamed audio will be as near as possible to lossless, provided that the user has a high-bandwidth internet connection.

DTS Executive Vice President and COO Brian Towne accompanied the press release with a statement:
Today, there are more than a couple of ways for consumers to access and enjoy entertainment content. Millions of consumers rely on their gaming consoles to serve as their hub for accessing digital content services, holding the expectation that these devices will deliver the same quality video and audio experience that they receive when gaming or watching Blu-ray discs. By featuring DTS' new DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 technology, PS4 owners will be able to enjoy the same high-definition 7.1 surround sound experience received on Blu-ray from streaming and VOD services.
Below you can find an official description of the feature:
DTS-HD Master Audio|7.1 is the latest delivery profile under the DTS-HD technology portfolio of advanced audio solutions for next-generation content. Designed to deliver the highest quality surround sound experience possible from both physical and digital media,this new decoder supports streamed and downloaded content featuring DTS-HD-encoded audio tracks, as well as optical disc media with soundtracks produced in all DTS formats including DTS-HD Master Audio.
Looks like audiophiles will finally be able to enjoy the sound of streamed content without cringing too much, and the PS4 will be the first device to provide that kind of quality. Not too shabby for a 400 bucks gaming console.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
To whomever was hoping to catch my stream of NFS:R tonight, sorry. I got out of work very late, then got stuck cleaning my basement. I don't think I'll get a chance to play the game tonight, but I'll fully install it for tomorrow.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I have BF4 and yes it crashes, dont bother playing the campaign right now (only point is to unlock guns) but Conquest isn't playable at all (for me at least) and it crashes to PS menus. Although luckily i read that if you delete the corrupt save it doesnt crash as often...But last night I had a string of like 6 in a row. Today been pretty rock solid though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
After an hour of powering it on and off it decided to finally go into safe mode - i think i may sell this shit until they work out their production issues.

-edit- Can i just take it back to gamestop? while its working?