The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

regret_sl

shitlord
The PS3's wacky architecture is why we didn't see a notable difference in graphics quality until the latter part of an extended console generation. A dev friend of mine who's worked on a bunch of AAA titles said he'd be surprised if emulation ever happens because of the amount of horsepower you'd need, and that's apart from the hell that would be getting an emulator up and running and stable. I guess stranger things have happened but I'm nowhere near as confident as Ut that an emulator is going to magically appear anytime soon.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The other thing is that if an xbox 360 emulator appears the value of a ps3 emulator drops dramatically. It'd basically just be limited to the great PS3 exclusives like demon souls, rdr, uncharted etc

regret_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I have RDR for Xbox, but I think his point stands. We are talking about a relatively small pool of titles that you'll be able to play on your PS4 anyway.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got back from best buy and got $240 for knack, killzone, Ac4. Purchase more games to trade in and they already took down the offer. Then had to return them lol. Love you Spronk!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got back from best buy and got $240 for knack, killzone, Ac4. Purchase more games to trade in and they already took down the offer. Then had to return them lol. Love you Spronk!
Shame - opted to sleep in and the snow had already started before hand, would've been nice to use as an excuse this morning to grab a few of the early PS4 titles the wife is iffy about grabbing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The guys that say emulation is easy blow my mind. Take a look at the ps3s architecture and then lay us out a plan on how to emulate it. If its easy, then surely you guys can handle it. I wouldn't even feel comfortable emulating the NES unless you gave me a shitload of time and even then we'd be lucky if anything worked.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
mc63t.gif

iHcmnGP7UT4Rc.gif

Sean_sl

shitlord
US PS4 November sales estimated at 1.25m units, 66% ahead of Xbox One | Games industry news | MCV

It has been estimated that PS4 sold 66 per cent more units than Xbox One in the US in November.

Michael Pachter has said in his most recent investor note that he believes PS4 sold 1.25m consoles in the region throughout the month and that Xbox One sold 750k.

Note that PS4 was released in the US on November 15th, giving it a week more on the market than Xbox One which launched on November 22nd.

If correct, that 66 per cent margin mirrors what was seen in the UK during the console's respective first weeks - Xbox One sold 150k units while PS4 managed 250k, a 66 per cent difference.

Pachter added that Wii U is expected to have suffered significantly as a result of the launches, with hardware sales falling 65 per cent year-on-year. Xbox 360 and PS3 sales are predicted to have fallen 44 per cent and 28 per cent respectively.

Needless

Toe Sucker
thats about the main reason i don't want to grab one yet as well, they also need to allow 360 Fight Sticks to work on the fucking xboner, ridiculous that you would need to spend $500 for the console, $200 for the xboner fightstick, $60 for KI3 + taxes.

Noooooooooope!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Emulation takes order of magnitudes more hardware power than the original game itself required.
Especially when Sony (Or MS) doesn't want to make that emulation possible so they can sell in the nostalgia market.

There is not one fucking reason why there isn't backwards compatibility other than they want to make money selling the titles.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Especially when Sony (Or MS) doesn't want to make that emulation possible so they can sell in the nostalgia market.

There is not one fucking reason why there isn't backwards compatibility other than they want to make money selling the titles.
Ut, you know full well that there are plenty of reasons. Sony would have to build PS3 hardware into the PS4 to run PS3 games on it, because it doesn't have anywhere near enough horsepower to do proper emulation. And frankly, I don't want a $600-700 PS4 just so that it could have BC.