The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
XB1 at least a half dozen here yet to see a PS4 in person besides my own in upscale parts of MD.

But then again CL scalpers demonstrate that well since XB1 are mostly retail now and PS4 staying $550-600 range.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cracks me up how this thread has turned into the best 3DS thread as well...

I wish I liked turn based RPGs more, as there is a metric ton of them on 3DS and apparently lots that are really good.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Cracks me up how this thread has turned into the best 3DS thread as well...

I wish I liked turn based RPGs more, as there is a metric ton of them on 3DS and apparently lots that are really good.
With how many high end titles are on it I think the 3DS more than qualifies as a relevant current mainstay gaming machine.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Id like to see a pic of a ps4 in stock anywhere. I on the other hand have already provided a pic of 20 xb1s in stock on the sales floor. Your move codfags

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So Im going on vacation for 2 weeks taking my vita/3ds any suggestions on 3ds games? (I have Zelda/pokemon) Looking for some RPGs to play, I dont like tatical combat style rpgs typically. I have played Persona 4 Golden and I saw some of you guys bitching about some of the shin series being on 3ds, any suggestions on which ones to pick up?

Sean_sl

shitlord
So Im going on vacation for 2 weeks taking my vita/3ds any suggestions on 3ds games? (I have Zelda/pokemon) Looking for some RPGs to play, I dont like tatical combat style rpgs typically. I have played Persona 4 Golden and I saw some of you guys bitching about some of the shin series being on 3ds, any suggestions on which ones to pick up?
I just bought all of these on Amazon a couple days ago for super cheap:

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Shin Megami Tensei IV
SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
SMT Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
The World Ends With You
Dragon Quest IX
Radiant Historia

All of those should be pretty good. For more traditional stuff you'd probably want to go with Dragon Quest or Radiant Historia. Radiant Historia is supposed to be pretty amazing and has a lot of comparisons to Chrono Trigger.

I've also got these titles in my saved for later cart on Amazon:

Dragon Quest VI
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Project X Zone
Code of Princess
Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

I should also add stuff like Ocarina of Time 3D and Chrono Trigger DS.

regret_sl

shitlord
Goddamnit Sean, I ALMOST CAVED but I know that the usual asian video game aesthetic turns me off and I'll just end up annoyed as fuck with the system. I also realize that this locks me out of a lot of cool RPGs but there's not much I can do about it. I haven't been able to get into a JRPG (aside from Dark Souls) since Chrono Trigger.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Goddamnit Sean, I ALMOST CAVED but I know that the usual asian video game aesthetic turns me off and I'll just end up annoyed as fuck with the system. I also realize that this locks me out of a lot of cool RPGs but there's not much I can do about it. I haven't been able to get into a JRPG (aside from Dark Souls) since Chrono Trigger.
Guarantee you that you will be able to get into a JRPG again with the 3DS man. And go for the Golden Zelda 3DS XL, it is a thing of pure beauty. And there's all kinds of shit in there. SMT games, old school Dragon Quest, Radiant Historia (which is very much like Chrono Trigger), the Etrian Odyssey games which are basically first person Wizardry style RPGs with mapping out dungeons, Strat-RPGs like Fire Emblem, etc.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
dammit, take that sorta talk out of this thread! I'm broke as is. TheRage I blame you if I buy a 3ds

spronk

FPS noob
its a really good time to buy a 3ds xl right now, its $150 at target this week and if you are smart you can take a target or best buy ad, walk over to walmart, and get a price match AND get a $40 gift cert making it $110 (ymmv on how dumb a cashier you get on getting both GC and price match).

lot of good sales on 3ds xl and vita games right now too on amazon, including 8gb and 16gb vita cards at 50% off (not as good as 32gb deal a few weeks ago) and a few games at $10-20. I picked up a shitload of 3ds xl games for $10-20 each just sticking all the ones I want in my cart and telling amazon to alert me when the price drops. project X is $20 atm. I definitely play my 3ds xl way more than my ps4, which is pretty sad but interesting. super mario 3d, mario and luigi, donkey kong and zelda of course are all games that are awesome. the only reason I got a vita though was it was $90 at targetdirect and i have a 3 year ps+ sub now (for ps4) so may as well leech the free vita games.

dont forget too that gamestop and best buy are doing promos for used ps4/xbone games this week, I'm taking in killzone and nba 2k14 and getting $40 each, which is what I paid. can buy steam gift cards at either place and use em as stocking stuffers. gamestop also has tearaway (?) for vita at $20 this week, amazon will probably price match it within a few hours.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've had my PS4 since launch day (from Amazon with the typical terrible packing job but everything works on it). Bought COD: Ghosts and had an offer from Amazon to buy 1 get 1 free so picked up Assassins Creed IV and Battlefield 4. Beat Ghosts in a couple of days and have been playing AC4 for awhile now. There is just so much shit to do in that game that I keep getting side tracked and haven't finished the main story yet.

A couple weeks ago while at Walmart I saw 1 person buying a PS4 but that's been the only one I've seen in stores. XBox Ones are everywhere in Cleveland Ohio though. Personally I have no interest in an Xbox this generation. Their exclusives don't interest me as much and I've been a Sony fan since the original PSX.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
its a really good time to buy a 3ds xl right now, its $150 at target this week and if you are smart you can take a target or best buy ad, walk over to walmart, and get a price match AND get a $40 gift cert making it $110 (ymmv on how dumb a cashier you get on getting both GC and price match).

lot of good sales on 3ds xl and vita games right now too on amazon, including 8gb and 16gb vita cards at 50% off (not as good as 32gb deal a few weeks ago) and a few games at $10-20. I picked up a shitload of 3ds xl games for $10-20 each just sticking all the ones I want in my cart and telling amazon to alert me when the price drops. project X is $20 atm. I definitely play my 3ds xl way more than my ps4, which is pretty sad but interesting. super mario 3d, mario and luigi, donkey kong and zelda of course are all games that are awesome. the only reason I got a vita though was it was $90 at targetdirect and i have a 3 year ps+ sub now (for ps4) so may as well leech the free vita games.

dont forget too that gamestop and best buy are doing promos for used ps4/xbone games this week, I'm taking in killzone and nba 2k14 and getting $40 each, which is what I paid. can buy steam gift cards at either place and use em as stocking stuffers. gamestop also has tearaway (?) for vita at $20 this week, amazon will probably price match it within a few hours.
That just reminded me, I ordered the 32 gb vita card from GameStop a few weeks back and still haven't gotten it yet. Went back and checked tracking, and UPS gave it to the USPS in indianapolis (where I live) to deliver on the 6th. Where is it now you might ask? In fucking Puerto Rico. Fuck the post office.

rrr_img_53385.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
If you wanted a PS4, this morning was the time to do it. Every Wal-mart around here got 20-40 in stock and were allowed to sell at 7am.

Some other retailers may have gotten some as well but Wal-mart for sure.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yep my brother picked one up at Walmart this morning. Due to the crazy snow storm here last night he said no one was at the store at all.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The closest Walmart to me is 30 min away and they were instantly sold out anyway from people waiting in line =p I'm in no rush to pick one up though. I'm just letting my games collect some dust for now.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
That just reminded me, I ordered the 32 gb vita card from GameStop a few weeks back and still haven't gotten it yet. Went back and checked tracking, and UPS gave it to the USPS in indianapolis (where I live) to deliver on the 6th. Where is it now you might ask? In fucking Puerto Rico. Fuck the post office.

rrr_img_53385.jpg
Funny you are having issues. I ordered the 16gb and then the 32gb when it came back it stock. Tried to cancel the 16gb but it was to late so when I got it in the mail I took it to the store for a refund. The 32gb was listed as being delivered but I never recieved it. I did get Persona just fine from them so no idea what happened there but I called them and they are sending out a second one.

I'm also in Indianapolis.