The Big Lebowski Appreciation Thread

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This reminds me. Kingpin is such a highly underrated movie. Bowling translates to film superbly.
kingpin is a great movie.

the big lebowski is a somewhat amusing and clever movie that i would rank about on the same level as joe dirt.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
the big lebowski is a somewhat amusing and clever movie that i would rank about on the same level as joe dirt.
In this thread, you'd probably have better luck trolling with bait like "Creedence sucks, but I gave head to every member of The Eagles the last time they played Portland."

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
ibqCNgii7UJ3JZ.gif

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Once in a while when I catch the edited version on tv, this scene gives me a good laugh just because of the laziness of how they did it. It just cuts from the Dude walking over to being pulled away by Brandt saying "Oh, you're Bunny!"

Also - "Do you see what happens Larry? Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!"

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This reminds me. Kingpin is such a highly underrated movie. Bowling translates to film superbly.
My long ago ex-gf, who just happened to be born with one hand at birth (no biggie to me), got soooooo pissed at me just for watching Kingpin with my brother. She already hated him so she was completely and utterly offended. I was like.... IT'S A GODDAMN MOVIE!!
It just seemed like such a non-issue for me.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My long ago ex-gf, who just happened to be born with one hand at birth (no biggie to me), got soooooo pissed at me just for watching Kingpin with my brother. She already hated him so she was completely and utterly offended. I was like.... IT'S A GODDAMN MOVIE!!
It just seemed like such a non-issue for me.
bp4O0cJuygG71irS73orINZ7YkB.jpg

Almost as if it was Big Ern's fault for hers too...

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The Big Lebowski is probably my favorite movie ever. That's a hard thing to say in a world of Monty Python and Star Wars but it is true.

That's just, like, my opinion man.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The neg I just got gave me the biggest shit-eating grin, I thank you, whoever gave me it.
biggrin.png

Zastlyn

Peasant
The first time I watched TBL I thought it was okay. The second time I watched it I thought it was genius.
The 1st time I watched it I actually sort of hated it. Then over the next 2-3 weeks I caught myself constantly quoting it. I decided to give it another shot and now it's like my favorite movie.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Are you Zombie Siskel?!?!

Jesus effing christ! Was Siskel molested by a man named Jesus when he was 8? He's dissing what has gone down as one of cinematographies iconic scenes in that review. Nobody fucks with the Jesus! I wonder if he's changed his mind over time. This film just gets better the more you watch it.

Too many good quotes and scenes from this film, but I do happen to use "8 year olds, dude" a lot whenever I see someone acting like a duche.

iannis

Musty Nester
This aggression will not stand, man.

I've got to admit I don't really like the movie. Long stretches of itreallybore me. But I do respect the shit out of it and quote it sometimes. And I'll admit that it is undeniably a masterpiece. There is something about that movie that is quintessentially American and even more specific to that general area of time.