The Book of Boba Fett

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
A lot of emphasis was put on the drop off and the pick up of Mando's weapons. Im just shooting from the hip, but Im theorizing that the saber was swapped out for a fake since we never saw it used again in the rest of the episode. We just came off a big build up of the blades lore, Paz Vizsla wanting the blade, and then the removal of Mando's title and ties. The only people that knew about him leaving at that point and time and where he was going was his prior crew, and I wouldnt put it past Paz Vizsla to swipe it back even after losing since its his family blade and he feels entitled to it. Ignoring all that was said about obtaining the blade outside of battle, securing the omen/curse further. I mean, didnt the duel at the end of the lore bomb on the saber just feel like a build up to something greater?

Of course, it could just be nothing and that scene just "seemed" over emphasized. But I'm not buying it, not until I see that the blade and all of Mando's weapons are working.
Yeah I can see more to this also. I mean how would that robot know what a lightsaber/blade even is. Mando could have easily hidden that shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there are 3 remaining Mandos of that tribe, i doubt the only other Mando besides Mando and The Arnmorer is going to go rogue all of a sudden over that sword. he couldnt even wield that sword well because he was making the same mistake Mando was so it was super heavy for him. plus, it would be impossible for him to make a fake all by himself without alerting The Armorer. i dont think she would approve. it was just a comedic scene to mock our own commercial air travel and show just how strapped Mando is at all times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
that was a near perfect 45 minutes of Star Wars. Tons of little easter eggy things. I was conscious of the fact that the pacing was a little slow in a few parts of the episode, and it was still the fastest 45 minutes of a show I think I've ever seen. I knew about the N-1 being his new ship about 2 or 3 months ago from rumors flying around, wasn't feeling it, and they still managed to totally make it awesome. Also funny that around the same time, a few months back, the episode count rumors went from 6 to 7 almost overnight...I wonder if they filmed this totally separately and then decided to incorporate it into the season last minute.
TLDR: Fucking awesome on all accounts. Best ep of Boba, no Boba.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Did they name the ringworld they were on?

This is what I thought seeing it.

• 3Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
there are 3 remaining Mandos of that tribe, i doubt the only other Mando besides Mando and The Arnmorer is going to go rogue all of a sudden over that sword. he couldnt even wield that sword well because he was making the same mistake Mando was so it was super heavy for him. plus, it would be impossible for him to make a fake all by himself without alerting The Armorer. i dont think she would approve. it was just a comedic scene to mock our own commercial air travel and show just how strapped Mando is at all times.
Wont be some huge let down if nothing comes of it. Id actually like to see all the Mandalorians combine into one deadly fighting force in the galaxy. So in that way, I want to be wrong as well. But its not like they dont have a divide among their ranks already, anyways.

Loftish

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did they name the ringworld they were on?
I was excited to see the ringworld! It's been 15+ years since I've read any of the EU books, but I don't recall a ringworld ever being a setting in Star Wars?
A lot of emphasis was put on the drop off and the pick up of Mando's weapons. Im just shooting from the hip, but Im theorizing that the saber was swapped out for a fake since we never saw it used again in the rest of the episode. We just came off a big build up of the blades lore, Paz Vizsla wanting the blade, and then the removal of Mando's title and ties. The only people that knew about him leaving at that point and time and where he was going was his prior crew, and I wouldnt put it past Paz Vizsla to swipe it back even after losing since its his family blade and he feels entitled to it. Ignoring all that was said about obtaining the blade outside of battle, securing the omen/curse further. I mean, didnt the duel at the end of the lore bomb on the saber just feel like a build up to something greater?

Of course, it could just be nothing and that scene just "seemed" over emphasized. But I'm not buying it, not until I see that the blade and all of Mando's weapons are working.
That's fair, we'll see. I think it was just a version of the classic scene of a character unloading all of his weaponry to emphasize just how dangerous he is.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
these are always full of information for those that arent deep Star Wars nerds.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
good episode of Mandalorian. Legit felt like a different show in every way. (I think it was)

that ship the annoying woman made looks pretty sweet.

hopefully the dark saber didn’t get switched , that’d be peak lame. I also like how two minutes after they realize there’s like 3 mandos left they cut the ranks by 1/3rd

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Excellent episode, BDH totally pulled it off, loved every minute of it.. Shame BoBF is only there to remind us to sub for Mand s3. I can't wait for e06 - baby mando to sit in the dome of anakin skywalkers ooooops-fighter, eating fish eggs while wearing his chainmail of drown +5. Jedi-mando and his grey salatslicer will punch kick ahsoooo and yell THIS IS SO GAY. Boob-McFat cries in the end credits.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Can anyone explain why the dark saber is heavy? Is it made different then a light saber? I thought they were the same thing just with like a different looking blade

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Can anyone explain why the dark saber is heavy? Is it made different then a light saber? I thought they were the same thing just with like a different looking blade
That's another thing from Filoniverse.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly i took it to be less about the darksaber itself being heavy, and just that lightsabers are super awkward to use. people say that lightsabers are weightless but the going theory is that the blade is made of plasma in a magnetic casing. the plasma itself could just be heavy and require a lot of training to use effectively. it's not like moff gideon seemed to struggle wielding it, because he practiced with it.

but that's just me trying to fill in the blanks.

the part i thought was odd, was one second you have the armorer telling mando the darksaber is made of beskar and praising it as some excalibur type mark of royalty, then the very next minute she's like, is that a beskar spear? beskar shouldn't be used for weapons! MELT IT DOWN!

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The problem with the spear is it's beskar vs beskar and can pierce Mando armor. The Darksaber hilt being made of beskar doesn't matter in the slightest, whack people with the hilt all you want it's a essentially a beskar TV remote. The energy blade itself doesn't pierce beskar so it's only a threat to non-Mandos.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
honestly i took it to be less about the darksaber itself being heavy, and just that lightsabers are super awkward to use. people say that lightsabers are weightless but the going theory is that the blade is made of plasma in a magnetic casing. the plasma itself could just be heavy and require a lot of training to use effectively. it's not like moff gideon seemed to struggle wielding it, because he practiced with it.

but that's just me trying to fill in the blanks.

the part i thought was odd, was one second you have the armorer telling mando the darksaber is made of beskar and praising it as some excalibur type mark of royalty, then the very next minute she's like, is that a beskar spear? beskar shouldn't be used for weapons! MELT IT DOWN!
the Beskar is only on the handle. if you want to be pedantic, it still is technically "armor" as in the hilt is a very minor blade guard. you cant kill Mandos with the handle. whatever the sword blade is made out of i dont know.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The shade that the Armorer is throwing at Bo Katan is palpable.

It's interesting that the chick playing the Armorer is a ginger like Bo Katan too. And her helmet having horns is apparently an indicator that she sided with Darth Maul against Pre Viszla, who was presumably an ancestor of the last Mando in her covert, Paz Viszla, who duelled Din Djarin in the episode:

Emily-Swallow-The-Armorer.png

It's likely not a coincidence that she's the same age as Bo Katan and they've probably met each other if she was ranked high enough during the Purge.

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i mean, the whole argument is pedantic. a sword requires a handle. sure i GUESS i can understand the argument that the hilt itself isn't the weapon, but it's PART of a weapon.

LISTEN IT'S A STUPID PLOT POINT OKAY LET ME HAVE THIS

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Well the "weight" part of the Darksaber was explained in the Rebels episode where Sabine trained with it: the Saber was built to draw on the emotions and control of its user far more than other lightsabers. They more or less explained that in the episode too.

• 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The problem with the spear is it's beskar vs beskar and can pierce Mando armor. The Darksaber hilt being made of beskar doesn't matter in the slightest, whack people with the hilt all you want it's a essentially a beskar TV remote. The energy blade itself doesn't pierce beskar so it's only a threat to non-Mandos.
Besides being a hindrance going through low door, the spear was cool. I kinda liked the spartan look. Anyway, going into the Mando hideot I was thinking this just as he stepped forward to go in the door, then they clipped.
1643257073691.gif

Mando should've pierced the 2 other mandos, shouting like a true highlander:

Last edited: