The Count of Monte-Cristo (2024)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
One of my all time favorite movies. Not sure how I feel about a remake but if they can get even close, I'll happily watched it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Caviezel one is so damn good. But this doesnt look bad either, at least visually. Will check it out once its on the seas.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You could probably say the same thing with something like Treasure Island. If you were a kid back in those days it probably would have been your version of Star Wars, but good luck getting a kid now to appreciate it in the same manner. Doesn't mean you can't envision them via film and make them exciting for a modern audience.

I loved Treasure Island. The internet age has removed most of the wonder and mystery of earlier eras as well as ruined the past two generations. So much more has been lost than gained.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I loved Treasure Island. The internet age has removed most of the wonder and mystery of earlier eras as well as ruined the past two generations. So much more has been lost than gained.
There are a lot of older novels that were basically adventure stories for that time period. Like I've been said it would have been your Star Wars or Indiana Jones or something, and at that time people that read them would have just been blown away. I think The Count of Monte Cristo, Dracula, etc fell into that category.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user