The Current State of Vodka (or if you prefer all vodka comes from three distilleries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
wyMIQmI.jpg

khalid

Unelected Mod
I am curious Hodj, what got you interested in anthropology? What are you wanting to do when you finish your degree?

Also just lol at mikhail again showing he is incapable of having a rational debate. Post a video of muslims openly advocating stoning in a modern country and he sees the main problem being that it could cause people to have racist thoughts against muslims. How about the REAL problem being that we have people advocating stoning openly in modern times?

Holy shit I hate all religions but at least some have reformed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also just lol at mikhail again showing he is incapable of having a rational debate. Post a video of muslims openly advocating stoning in a modern country and he sees the main problem being that it could cause people to have racist thoughts against muslims. How about the REAL problem being that we have people advocating stoning openly in modern times?
haha seriously.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I am curious Hodj, what got you interested in anthropology? What are you wanting to do when you finish your degree?
Anthropology is interesting to me because it is so holistic. It attempts to construct a cohesive picture of the whole of the human experience, to synthesize the broadest bodies of knowledge in the academic world in such a fashion as to create a cogent, clear, and comprehensive understanding of human activity, evolution, and social and culture interactions.

I have always been stupidly passionate about history, when I was a kid I was really into religion but not because I believed in it, because I found mythology so fascinating. In 5th grade I become consumed with reading all the mythology of all the ancient cultures I could get my hands on, and seeing how those old cultures lived and viewed the world and seeing how radically different it is from our own really struck me deeply, it felt like I had struck on a fundamental aspect of our species, that need to define reality based on subjectively favorable viewpoints.

My ideal career goal is paleopathology and excavation of human remains from archaeological contexts, basically. Basically forensics on people that have been dead a really long time. The information that can be gleaned on life patterns from bones is immense. People really don't grasp how vast it truly is. The amount of data can be overwhelming. For instance, you can determine how stressful someone's childhood was based on the number of lines they have on their teeth, a condition termed linear enamel hypoplasia

rrr_img_47864.jpg

Basically, stress factors like severe illness or malnutrition can cause a disruption in the way enamel is laid down upon teeth during development. These lines demonstrate how stressed a person was during their childhood, which when expressed statistically across a population, say, a village of recovered skeletal remains, can give a good indicator of how difficult their lives were in terms of health and nutrition levels, etc.

That's just interesting to me. I'd love to just sit around excavating studying bones, counting up the pieces and examining the fractures and lost teeth and heights and estimating the weights and putting it all together into a picture that helps us to understand what their lives were really like. How they really lived. In a sense, bring back their experiences for modern man to examine, and comprehend, hopefully to learn from.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
so i got myself damaged cuban cigars today (mouse ate through some of them. fuck mouse) I never smoke, but gonna try some tonight.

#YOLO

Status
Not open for further replies.