The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Genre: News, Comedy

First aired: 1996-07-22

Creator: Lizz Winstead, Madeleine Smithberg

Cast: Trevor Noah, Ronny Chieng, Michael Kosta, Desi Lydic, Roy Wood Jr.

Overview: Trevor Noah and The World's Fakest News Team tackle the biggest stories in news, politics and pop culture.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 118725[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Daily Show with Trevor Noah[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]News[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1996-07-22[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The Daily Show is an American late night satirical television program airing each Monday through Thursday on Comedy Central and, in Canada, The Comedy Network. Describing itself as a fake news program, The Daily Show draws its comedy and satire from recent news stories, political figures, media organizations, and often, aspects of the show itself.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Jon Stewart says he's leaving The Daily Show The A.V. Club

Was a good run...Comedy Central must be shitting right now.

Feien

Ploppers
Was about to post this. John Oliver is definitely the one to watch now. So what's your guess, CC drops The Daily Show or someone else replaces him?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Oliver is rock solid and HBO benefits.

No idea who could handle The Daily Show...with all the campaign stuff incoming, going to be hard for The Nightly Show as well.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I wonder who they'll pick to replace him. I haven't watched the show regularly for a long time. It's hard to imagine anyone being able to occupy the same kind of style that Stewart had. John Oliver's show is probably the closest thing to TDS in my eyes, and that's got to be a way cushier set-up than TDS.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jason Jones seems the most likely option. Maybe Samantha Bee? The guy who I think COULD do it likely wouldn't; Asif Mondi.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I guess they could go back to Craig Kilborn

rrr_img_90193.jpg

Feien

Ploppers
Jason Jones or Asif Mandvi seem to be the better options. Samantha Bee is great, but for some reason I just don't see her carrying a show like this specially through elections, unless they do something where she could maybe co-anchor with Jessica Williams?. Someone I've enjoyed every time he's been on is Jordan Klepper. I'm not saying he should carry the Daily show, but I feel like that kid has future potential like Colbert and Steve Carell had when they were on the Daily Show.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
I am beyond fucking pissed this show brought to light alot of the stupid things that went on in politics and the double talk. I however am not sure who could fill those shoes the standard he set and Har he set is fucking high. All those acolytes are testament to his hard work

Just saw on breaking news app brain williams is on 6 month time out

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Craig Ferguson is available.

Going to need a semi popular host, or go all ensemble with it. (Like Jones and Bee co host)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Craig is doing a game show.

He wouldnt be the best for the slot, But Paul F Thompkins really needs a late night slot. That dude would be awesome at it. He wouldnt fit the whole "fake humor news thing".

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They had Bassem Youssef as a correspondent yesterday for the first time. He's a satirist who had a show in Egypt up until last year and has been compared to Jon Stewart in the past. The timing is definitely a little curious.

Eonan

Doer of Things
They had Bassem Youssef as a correspondent yesterday for the first time. He's a satirist who had a show in Egypt up until last year and has been compared to Jon Stewart in the past. The timing is definitely a little curious.
I honestly think that Bassem is the only person related to the show that has the personality to solo-host. One can hope I suppose.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database