The Day Before

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All other bullshit aside, dev houses are starting to be overrun with the diversity hires. AAA studios in the US get away with it because they have enough money to power through and beat the hell out of the non-fuckups to get shit out the door. And even then shit like D4 happens. Smaller/Indi companies resisting or surviving the woke, not so much. This is especially true because they have to suck a ton of ESG dick to get their funding off the ground and even fully independent unicorns like Lariant have to cram in the gay to avoid getting too much heat from the internet fag tranny brigade. See Chris Avellone.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Never heard of this game till this week. Never searched it but suddenly my feed is filled with "The Day Before SCAM" , "The scam of the year, The Day Before" etcetera. My feed is mainly filled with political stuff and stand up comedy but now it's all about this game for damn reason. Last time my feed was filled with shit I don't care about was when Blizzard was nailed with those sexual harassment and toxic work environment shit.

I'm not clicking on videos so I don't completely fuck up my feed so I came here to get learned.

• 1Like

Cybsled

All other bullshit aside, dev houses are starting to be overrun with the diversity hires.

…Which has nothing to do with this game. This was a dev house that just used some UE4/5 assets and slapped them into a half baked game sold at a AAA price.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, promised an MMO but wasn't an MMO in the sense anyone has ever thought about it, either.

Just a release not to get sued kind of thing, it seems.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
…Which has nothing to do with this game. This was a dev house that just used some UE4/5 assets and slapped them into a half baked game sold at a AAA price.

It sold at $39.99 in early access, that isn't a AAA price, unless you just arrived here from 1978. However, it was explicitly sold as-is with the pure intention of paying debt knowing full well they would shut down. They claimed it was AAA, with a bunch of volunteers working on it.

However you are correct in regard to diversity hires. Mostly in part because they didn't have anyone on the payroll :p They had 140 volunteers. Which upset all the shit-libs on the ultra left who think QA testers should be paid $150k a year while janitors and waiters and waitresses should make the same amount as an engineer who is actually worth a shit in the work force, when these volunteers did it on their own accord so why the fuck should anyone care what people do with their free time. It's that person's choice - not some purple haired dick shopper who feels someone is being victimized like they were their entire pitiful life which was full of bad decisions and lack of personal accountability.

With that said the industry itself it plagued with it and is the reason for a major decline of some major publishers and dev houses, and as a result, quality games to play.

• 1Truth!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guarantee you the volunteers are not a bunch of hard in the paint coders, but are more likely ESG checkboxes looking to get their first break who got suckered in. The invasion of Blizzard basically started with their volunteer QA and guide people worming their way in and up the ladder, too. If you don't work in or know someone who works in that industry, the degree of mind virus invasion would shock you at all levels and companies.

• 1Truth!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Saw NVIDIA had a driver update and joked "probably to improve The Day Before performance". Joke was on me...

1702592417327.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users