The Documentary Thread

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
it sounds absolutely horrible and something that you probably shouldn't subject yourself to.

It sounds like one of those, "And then, one day in the spring, his life absolutely disintegrated around him and he was powerless to do anything except for fall off the cliff". I've seen too many of those. Life can go very badly very quickly.

I guess it makes you thankful, and mindful, of what you have? Not horrible as in poorly made. Horrible as in, "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST"
That would be a happy ending.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Imma get drunk and live tweet Dear Zachary this weekend. A LAUGH RIOT!

I may watch it though, i feel like I have missed something important.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I posted this way back, but i'll repost, IF you watched Dear Zachary, watch the epilogue

DO NOT CLICK until you watched Dear Zachary.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seriously, fuck you guys for linking that Dear Zachary doc. You all knew we wouldn't be able to not watch it. Fucking assholes. Somebody hold me?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

Caught this last night on netflix, interesting story of Cannon Films the guys who made a ton of bad 80's movies like Delta Force, Masters of the Universe, Death Wish 2-5, and everyone's favorite Lifeforce.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
In other news, that Brando doc I linked last page is doing really well. It's available on Showtime On Demand.

Listen To Me Marlon.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I watched Dear Zachary. Bros, I am lost. I haven't cried at a movie since I was a kid. What the fuck.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Shit man, I just read the synopsis for it and was like "nope, not a fucking chance I'm watching that shit."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This is NOT a documentary, but it fits into the crying discussion.

If you want to try not crying at a movie, I'd suggest "Departures". It's a Japanese film. Subtitles and all. It's about a guy that does funeral arrangements in Japan, including the ceremonial body preparation. And the crying from that movie is overwhelming at times. Sad, Happy & Hope. It'll really fuck you up. Such an amazing film.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I watched Dear Zachary. Bros, I am lost. I haven't cried at a movie since I was a kid. What the fuck.
"Tricking" someone into watching Dear Zachary is like tricking someone into looking at lemonparty, tub girl, meatspin, or goatse.

Only instead of disgust, it's feels.

Horrible horrible feels.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is NOT a documentary, but it fits into the crying discussion.

If you want to try not crying at a movie, I'd suggest "Departures". It's a Japanese film. Subtitles and all. It's about a guy that does funeral arrangements in Japan, including the ceremonial body preparation. And the crying from that movie is overwhelming at times. Sad, Happy & Hope. It'll really fuck you up. Such an amazing film.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Xarpolis again.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's another documentary for the thread. It's older. Made in 2002. But Patton Oswalt, the comedian, was talking about how much he loved this one.
Cinemania

You can watch the whole thing on Youtube, but it's poor quality (240p). Oh well. Enjoy.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shit man, I just read the synopsis for it and was like "nope, not a fucking chance I'm watching that shit."
Same thing I did.

I want to watch it but I am not nearly man enough at my age and having a full family. Knowing what happens hits the feels hard even without going through the movie getting to know those involved.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I saw in this thread some talk about dear Zachary and I remembered I wanted to watch it. I don't know it it's because I now have a kid or what, but goddamn that movie sucker punched me in the throat.

Glad they're pushing for changes in the laws.

I feel like I need to wake up my son just to hug him

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah no shit. The whole next day after watching that movie I was like hanging out with my kids, being super nice and patient with them and just trying to soak it all in. I had them chained back up in the closet soon after, but there was a time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What really got me was the dad. Here's this old engineer guy, straight and narrow, goes to church, and when shit goes down he starts screaming "I WOULD STRANGLE THAT FUCKING BITCH RIGHT HERE AND NOW, FUCK HER FOR WHAT SHE DID"

And how candid he was about how he was thinking about murdering her, his wife just sitting there with a face that was ok with it. Fuck man.

My dude kept me up until 3:30AM last night and here I had to get up at 5:30AM, but for once I couldn't get mad at him. I was going to recommend this to my wife before, but I'm glad I watched it alone and she'll never learn of it. She would probably have an emotional breakdown.