The Ebola Thread

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is that different from other deadly pathogen training at all? Like some awesome preparedness information that applies exclusively to ebola and is utterly worthless with any other virus or similar situation.

Ravage

Lord Nagafen Raider
I received 'Super Speshul Ebola Training' at work today, if that makes you guys feel any better.
Thank God, we finally have access to an expert. Was this plague sent by Jesus to wipe out the gays and "black" people? What is the likelihood of a gay black man that licks assholes to contract the disease? On a scale of 1 to Praise Jesus how awesome is it to be middle to upper class white during this plague? How exactly is this Obama's fault?

Ye cause 1910 was the same as 2014 for medical expertise and facilities. You realise that Spanish flu was just that.. a fucking flu. There was an outbreak of the exact same circumstances in 2009 a.k.a Swine Flu. Literally the same outbreak and virus, and fuck all died due to the fact its a fucking flu and its 2014. I bet you think ISIS are gonna invade your street next week too, logic sir do you know it.
I'm betting they said, "Shit it sucks being in such a shit hole time period where there's no advanced medical stuff or video games."
Its more an issue of overwhelming our facilities and infrastructure. There are roughly 5000 hospitals in the U.S. supporting roughly 320,000,000 people. Not to mention the level 4 CDC centers only have 11 beds total across the US.

We have seen how affective both the media and our "medical expertise and facilities" and "advanced medical stuff" handled one person.

Say we wake up tomorrow, and there are 1000 cases in small clusters across the U.S. Combined that with the media fear machine. Now you are going to have chaos.

It doesnt matter that the Flu kills 30,000 people a year. Or that more people die each year from falling down the stairs. Ebola is something out of the social norm, and everyone is freaking the fuck out. Like Y2K, or all the looting during Katrina.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Thank God, we finally have access to an expert. Was this plague sent by Jesus to wipe out the gays and "black" people? What is the likelihood of a gay black man that licks assholes to contract the disease? On a scale of 1 to Praise Jesus how awesome is it to be middle to upper class white during this plague? How exactly is this Obama's fault?
Correct.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's ok. I've been training.

pandemic-150-p.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is it wrong that in light of the whole Ebola thing, I don't see the black guy as a construction worker but instead as an infection vector? ><

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
CDC: Don't worry we are prepared and have everything under control. We will just allow anyone without a fever into the country. what could go wrong?

Dallas: CDC didn't prepare us for shit.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
people act like it's the end of the world. Call me back when it starts killing at least black plague level per year