The Elder Scrolls Online

dechire

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When did I say that? I said rep grinds and heroic dungeons using the same content you have already seen before isn't end game content. And it goes to RvR for end game content. Which is an instance copy of cyrodil without any static server repercussions. So as stated, it's defiance meets ES. Just call it what it is and that's all there is to discuss.
A average MMO that's halfway fun to play that I will probably forget after leveling a character for 3 months? Is that what you want to hear?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Uh, so basically you don't know shit? First of all, if RVR were the end game, that would be PERFECT for me. It's what I'll be doing. DAOC was the best MMO ever because of that type of end game. However, secondly, you are wrong. They've stated many other types of end game activities: Adventure zones, high level dungeons, "dark anchors", questing for various guild factions, questing in high level versions of your opposing realms. Please stop trolling and shitting up this thread.
They've said that there is no real end game content. They have said that the only thing to do once you hit the cap is to do the other faction's quests or do RvR.

kudos

<Banned>
I want to fucking explore when I hit cap. Every fucking nook and cranny of this place is going to be explored. I hope it ends up being possible and not just some gay instance fest or mapped out pile of shit like every other MMO out now.

Blackwulf

N00b
They've said that there is no real end game content. They have said that the only thing to do once you hit the cap is to do the other faction's quests or do RvR.
Draegan, they've gone on and on in several interviews about "adventure zones" which are their replacement for raids. 24 man groups I think they even said. Also 4 man instanced dungeons. Also you can bet some of the open dungeons, especially in Cyrodil will be level 50+.

One example here:http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth...on-mmorpg-com/

But I've seen several on youtube as well.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And it goes to RvR for end game content. Which is an instance copy of cyrodil without any static server repercussions.
Sounds like instanced PvP? laGuild Wars 2 WvW, only Elder Scrolls Online will have a $15 / month subcription. I've already asked it, but : Is PvP only allowed in Cyrodiil ? Like if you're from some faction, you can't go ganking the other faction on their lands ? Because otherwise, paying $15 / month for one big instanced RvR map is a lot, especially when you already have other games proposing it for free.

Blackwulf

N00b
Sounds like instanced PvP? laGuild Wars 2 WvW. I've already asked it, but : Is PvP only allowed in Cyrodiil ? Like if you're from some faction, you can't go ganking the other faction on their lands ?
First of all, Utnayan is wrong - there are static repurcussions to Cyrodil. You will be assigned to a specific instance (or what they call campaign) in Cyrodil that does not change. Every time you log in, and every time people you meet there log in, they'll be going back to that exact same instance that is persistent. Things that happen there will have repercussions to every player that is assigned to that campaign.

Secondly, to answer your question - yes Cyrodil is the only place for PVP. People can start going there at level 10, and it is a massive zone, so there is pretty much every kind of pvp gameplay possible there. There will be villages and towns that give quests, dungeons with unique loot, etc. If you enjoy ganking, you'll find your chance. If you hate PVP, though, you won't have to go there.

BTW, did you guys see the news?ESO will be P2P.

Personally, I don't mind a subscription. I've been subbed to at least 1 MMO since EQ1. I know it's a good dollar value for entertainment. Lots of ESO "fans" are losing their shit, though. You'd think 15 a month was a car payment or something.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That bc you play mmos. ESO is not just tapping the MMO market. A lot of the people complaining are probably the ones who have never paid a sub fee. Also most mmos are moving that direction too so people are starting to expect a FTP system on AAA titles.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Personally, I don't mind a subscription. I've been subbed to at least 1 MMO since EQ1. I know it's a good dollar value for entertainment. Lots of ESO "fans" are losing their shit, though. You'd think 15 a month was a car payment or something.
I don't mind a subscription either. But I like having a social mmo experience, not multiplayer console combat. When you're paying for a DLC campaign worth of content every single month...

And you don't get that... If the experience you're getting in the game is no different than the experience you'd get playing CoD:17, why pay to support massively multiplayer server architecture if the game play itself is mostly single-player/4 player groups which could just as easily be a peer to peer hosted single player game... IE: Borderlands

They're basically going to be asking people to pay 15 dollars a month for multiplayer skyrim... Almost everyone loves borderlands, but if you wanted me to pay 15 dollars a month to play borderlands with the only guarantee is that there would be less hacked items... I'd not be interested in it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So let's resume the PvP features :

- Cyrodiil is the big RvR instance, you can hop in at low level.
- You can't PvP anywhere else than the RvR instance.

Sounds really like Guild Wars 2 + $15 / month. Meh.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
no idea if i'll play ESO or not, but i LOVE that it is P2P!! i am so sick of all of the little transactions in games to wear armor, open a chest, go to a zone, get a mount, carry additional bags, and so on and so on... That is the most blunt version of immersion removal i've ever seen the industry apply almost across the board.
*You have Defeated the lord of the castle! behind him is a chest, you open the chest to discover a new wand* #Please deposit $3.00 USD to equip the wand# WTF

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
First of all, Utnayan is wrong - there are static repurcussions to Cyrodil. You will be assigned to a specific instance (or what they call campaign) in Cyrodil that does not change. Every time you log in, and every time people you meet there log in, they'll be going back to that exact same instance that is persistent. Things that happen there will have repercussions to every player that is assigned to that campaign.
You are such a fucking spin doctor it is ridiculous. Seriously start putting out actual fact or quit posting.

Cyrodil is instanced and will be capped at around 2000-2500 (A number they have yet to determinebecause none of it is in the game yet with a multiplatform launch date of Q1 2014.

How they are handling it is you can jump toanyinstance of Cyrodil you so desire, regardless of what you are "Assigned" too. Friends on another instance? Switch. Guild on another instance? Switch. The war also has no static repercussionsat allon the main server because it is a super server comprised of hundreds of instances and copies of the same areas layered on top of each other. Losing a war? Just switch! There is nothing fucking persistent about it. There are going to be supposed rewards for the "2-3 month long war" which will continue on these instances of Cyrodil. Too bad no one is going to fucking play that long and it will be a complete population/balancenightmare. Tell me how they plan on addressing a long time frame battle across instances in a game which will most definitely see a shedding of 50% of it's player base in a month once the casuals find out they were duped into thinking this was Skyrim? I'll tell you since you'll try to spin it. Theydon't fucking know. And they also do not know how the hell to program around it so they are throwing shit to the wind here, saying there isn't anything they can do now, and won't talk aboutanyof it. Hurts those box sales buddy.

People can start going there at level 10, and it is a massive zone, so there is pretty much every kind of pvp gameplay possible there. There will be villages and towns that give quests, dungeons with unique loot, etc.
So to answer his question, yes, just like Guild Wars 2. With a subscription.

It won't matter in 6 months when they cash out their sub base after they try to max out profits in a launch window, similar to what SWTOR did, and convert to F2P. The F2P system is already in the works, believe it or not.

In the meantime, quit spinning your tired crap here and be honest about what the game will be like. You are worse than Firor, if you aren't him already.

By the way, I told you 6 months ago when this all started it would be a sub based game. I'll also tell you that plan is to switch once the sustained user subscription level drops below 350k.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
So let's resume the PvP features :

- Cyrodiil is the big RvR instance, you can hop in at low level.
- You can't PvP anywhere else than the RvR instance.

Sounds really like Guild Wars 2 + $15 / month. Meh.
Except it's 10 times uglier than GW2, combat feels like garbage, and the interface is poor. Plus it has a fee.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. I've bought all of their games at release. I might be the only person on this board who actually liked Oblivion. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole after playing it for a few hours.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Except it's 10 times uglier than GW2, combat feels like garbage, and the interface is poor. Plus it has a fee.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls fan. I've bought all of their games at release. I might be the only person on this board who actually liked Oblivion. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole after playing it for a few hours.
I liked Oblivion. It was actually the first Elder Scrolls game I ever completed the main quest on and soaked tons of hours into the other side quests. I may have played it more than Skyrim. I never did complete Morrowind though. I should really go back to that and complete it.

Anyway, take note of Gecko's opinion, and others here who have played it, and say it sucks over Blackwulf's imaginary friends, which if are real, were also in the back applauding their horrible presentation pocketing the same amount of money Blackwulf gets to post here.

Blackwulf

N00b
You are such a fucking spin doctor it is ridiculous. Seriously start putting out actual fact or quit posting.

Cyrodil is instanced and will be capped at around 2000-2500 ...blah rage blah... Friends on another instance? Switch. Guild on another instance? Switch.... blah...rage.. I hate Firor... blah
Nah.. that's 2000-2500 in the zone.. and it's a soft cap. The amount of players actually assigned to that "campaign" will more likely be something like 20-50k.

It won't matter in 6 months when they cash out their sub base after they try to max out profits in a launch window, similar to what SWTOR did, and convert to F2P. The F2P system is already in the works, believe it or not. ... By the way, I told you 6 months ago when this all started it would be a sub based game. I'll also tell you that plan is to switch once the sustained user subscription level drops below 350k
OMG.. is this guy a psychic? So, wait, let me get this straight - you are predicting they have a plan to go F2P if P2P doesn't work? Holy shit.. that's groundbreaking foresight, bro!

Dude, you are such a tired ass hater. Please fuck directly off. I'm just talking about the game as it has been presented without all the negative "I hate Matt Firor" bullshit.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Getting back on to the discussion of the game, Blackwulf what are they doing to upgrade the graphics <which really look awful>, the very bad combat feel, and the fact playing the game isn't fun?

I think the game could be salvaged, but really it needs a lot of work and in it's current state is not even on par with any of the good AAA releases of the last five years.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I loved Oblivion!

Let me get this right though, you can switch to different instances of Cyrodil on the fly? Everyone isn't either forced in the same instance or assigned to the same one? If so that's pretty weak and makes it nearly meaningless. I see no static repercussions or glory to be had in another meaningless, anonymous everlasting war in an instanced content.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I loved Oblivion!

Let me get this right though, you can switch to different instances of Cyrodil on the fly? Everyone isn't either forced in the same instance or assigned to the same one? If so that's pretty weak and makes it nearly meaningless. I see no static repercussions or glory to be had in another meaningless, anonymous everlasting war in an instanced content.
That is 100% correct and why it is such a shit show. Add to the fact that they think they will be able to mix guilds together, when people can be in 5 guilds at a time and the player made guilds are not alliance dependent. So you can be in any alliance across 5 guilds in an RvR game. And right now, they are planning on keeping guilds together and friends lists dependent on the instance pick. Which they are having huge problems implementing so they cannot get that to work right either.
rolleyes.png
But, to combat that, you can switch out to any instance of cyrodil you want too.

Blackwulf, softcap my ass. 2500 until the new instance spawns and that is what is at key argument here is, as that is what will impact RvR.

But yes Tuco to answer your question, there is no meaningful impact in RvR on The Elder Scrolls Instanced Online. They plan on implementing a gold charge (Haha) as a penalty to switch instances and then put a timer on it so they cannot do it again for another week. With battles supposedly lasting months at a time, all you have to do is switch to another, or easily exploit a winning losing battle with guild sabotage. Either way, the RvR itself has no impact on the main world outside of Cyrodil, and it is so random/dynamic that it doesn't have any impact on Cyrodil itself because it has about the same persistence level as a game of Call of Duty on a 360.

you are predicting they have a plan to go F2P if P2P doesn't work
No, Blackspin. I am saying they know P2P won't work, will capitalize on the first 2-3 months launch window and residual subscriptions from those overzealous and tricked customers that purchase 3-6 month subs, while they arealready designing the free to play system as we speak

Keep throwing your little tantrums Matt.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then it's funny to read people from some pages ago calling Elder Scrolls Online uninstanced and seamless. Delusion is gonna hit them hard comes release.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heh, ingenious tactic that worked well for SWTOR, charge for 6 months of subs, offer zero content, so that people essentially pay 120 for the "base game" then lure in casuals to try it when it goes free to play, all the while having your diehard fans purchase new items at the cash shop...I Fucking hate marketing people.