The Elder Scrolls Online

You do realize this has been going on since the first EQ expansion has been released right? Only difference is the leveling curve was so steep with EQ that they had months to finish the content they had already sold in an expansion. TESO's post 17 content is worse than the 1-17 content. Nothing gets any better. It's the reason why they are dropping the cyrodil requirements to level 1 before launch (It has now dropped to level 5 in closed beta). Because they are realizing that if no one can suffer through 10 levels just to get to the RvR action, access opportunities at level 1 may keep them subbed longer than the free 30 days.
Age of Conan. I have not seen anything other than that which is so blatant. In Warhammer Online, i knew the game was unfinished because i could see it in the beta.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Age of Conan. I have not seen anything other than that which is so blatant. In Warhammer Online, i knew the game was unfinished because i could see it in the beta.
Exactly why you cannot see anything passed 17.

For someone who likes to proclaim you tell "The Truth", you sure do make up a lot of stuff you know is a lie. When called out on it, you make yourself look even more foolish by pretending the person who called you out is an employee of whatever game/company you happen to hate with a passion. Maybe you should take the time for some self-reflection and think about why people think you're insane.
Like what? You have any specifics? What is he saying that is a lie?

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
This leads me to believe you or your source is not involved with anything more than weekend testing. Otherwise you wouldn't be spewing such stupid shit when there are plenty of actual issues you could harp on.

In short your message might be kind of accurate over the long term. F2P is very likely and I'm sure they are prepping it now and I doubt people are going to play this long at least not with a sub. So yeah their retention will likely be shit but they are going to sell millions. However your pants on the head retarded with your ranting and your actual specific info isn't accurate at all. In fact much of it was dead fucking wrong.
Even though Ut is the Zealot King, he is basically innocent until proven guilty. You basically have no proof that there is any high level content. This "debunking" crap is pretty pointless considering that most gamers, including the hardcore cray crays here, have considered far better mmo's than this as incomplete or unfinished. I personally don't see a game like SWTOR as unfinished, but its complete lack of end-game content had it marked as unfinished by the masses.

I don't know if this is your first rodeo or not, but the writing is on the wall for me. This game's release is just around the corner and 1-17 still has game breaking bugs that require a server reset to fix. If you want to be a cash cow spouting off that "It's a stress test guys!" then more power to you. The content that these devs are releasing is really pitiful and it's painful to watch loyal fans and guys like shoddycast put more effort into putting a positive spin on their game (which is far more effort than the devs are putting in.)

I thought them breaking their own lore in search of a money grab with their Imperial Edition would at least make you bat an eyelash, but I guess not.

When a game's designers are showing you everything EXCEPT actual footage of the game, it's time for you to swap out of ostrich stance, pull your fucking head out of the ground and then pop your sprint booking it in the opposite direction.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
make it more lucrative to group by giving grouping bonuses, then grouping becomes one huge mob-stomp. You could offset that by separating the playerbase into soloable content and grouping content (that have hard mobs with good loot/xp) but then you're adding instancing (for better or worse).
That's the thing, in the vast majority of games, it alreadyismore lucrative to group. You and others are trying to argue the point that it isn't lucrativeenough. My point of contention with that, is that as long as solo play remains a viable option for all classes, I think the majority of players are going to choose to take that route. If you make ittoolucrative, it then becomes the only viable option, at which point, you might as well just force grouping/interdependency from the onset.

To bring up EQ again, look at how many people chose soloing in that game. In almost every conceivable way, it was by far a worse/less efficient option. Yet, many classes who were capable of it, did it almost exclusively. Why? Well, because most people would rather not deal with the risk/annoyance that grouping entails, they were antisocial, too lazy/unwilling to socialize, etc.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
He has lied countless times about being in the closed beta. Its fairly obvious to the couple of us who are he is making stuff up. He confirmed my suspicion was correct with his blatantly incorrect statements about addons. You can add his recent comments about 17+ level content to the list as well.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
To bring up EQ again, look at how many people chose soloing in that game. In almost every conceivable way, it was by far a worse/less efficient option. Yet, many classes who were capable of it, did it almost exclusively. Why? Well, because most people would rather not deal with the risk/annoyance that grouping entails, they were antisocial, too lazy/unwilling to socialize, etc.
Well, that, or they had about an hour to play, logged out at a solo camp spot, it was open, and knew that by the time they traveled to their zone, waited on list, got in a group, and down to the camp spot, they were already 2 hours passed the amount they should have played.

But I see your point too. There are times I just decided to solo from 32 to 34 - a 16 hour play session on a Saturday, camping those two treants in NK. I always had OOC and shout to keep me entertained. And for some reason, just felt like not being responsible for being in a group, because being in a group meant more back then. Jesus. 16 hour play sessions. Thinking about that now is nuts.

Blackwulf

N00b
Even though Ut is the Zealot King, he is basically innocent until proven guilty. You basically have no proof...
I guess you guys missed what happened to Utnayan yesterday. Try reading pyksel's posts
wink.png

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
Just so I am clear... the decision to lock the beta at under 20 (under 17 really since no level 18-20 content was in), is a deliberate strategy to sell boxes based upon a false premise - that the rest of the game is of a similar content quality? You are saying that Zeni knows the rest of the game is of a much lower quality and are deliberately hiding that fact because they know it will diminish box sales? That's the stuff of class action law suits.
That shit has been done for years in this industry: they get a fairly bug-free starter area done, put 1 or 2 interesting mechanics in but they make sure you can' play past a certain level, because the game past those levels is nowhere near the quality of the starter area. Next, they start handing out thousands of beta keys for "stress tests". These stress tests are mostly a marketing ploy to get word of mouth and beta impressions to the masses. Ok, they stress test their server architecture, but imho that comes second these days.
Seriously a company like Funcom has been doing this for years with every MMO they launch; arguably the worst offender was Age of Conan: 2 weeks before release I was a level 80 in the final beta wondering how the hell I ever got there because the level 60+ zones were so goddamn empty or buggy. Read "empty" as devoid of content.
Then they did the same with The Secret World (a game I loved btw because it offered a fresh take on MMORPG's, though it was/is managed in the same fashion), past Kingsmouth (the starter area) shit would get buggy, the content quality would decline and I hated the Egypt zones. The DLC's (another stupid invention) were fun and well tought out for a change, but honestly I don't think DLC's have a fucking place in MMO's in the first place.
The day someone has the balls to fight this kind of management in a class action law suit and wins, we can all rejoice. It will probably also be the day this genre finally dies.

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I guess you guys missed what happened to Utnayan yesterday. Try reading pyksel's posts
wink.png
No, i can read, unlike you. I've seen you flip flop in this thread more than a fish out of water, and the sad thing is that fish will stay alive longer than you will be playing this game after release. I play fun games that have actual replayability and that are worth my money. You should try it sometime.

Blackwulf

N00b
No, i can read, unlike you. I've seen you flip flop in this thread more than a fish out of water, and the sad thing is that fish will stay alive longer than you will be playing this game after release. I play fun games that have actual replayability and that are worth my money. You should try it sometime.
Interesting interpretation.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Blackwulf and Utnayan are two sides of the same coin. Utnayan is basically throwing darts, seeing what sticks when NDA breakers confirm or deny it and also trying to privately communicate with people to get them to spill the beans so he can post it and drop names as if he is some kind of insider instead of a fraud. Blackwulf is very likely to be some kind of shill, probably for a stupid reason.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So instead of believing what you read about me catching Utnayan telling several lies (and other posters confirming it), do you believe him and think I work for Zenimax?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blackwulf and Utnayan are two sides of the same coin. Utnayan is basically throwing darts, seeing what sticks when NDA breakers confirm or deny it and also trying to privately communicate with people to get them to spill the beans so he can post it and drop names as if he is some kind of insider instead of a fraud. Blackwulf is very likely to be some kind of shill, probably for a stupid reason.
For the record I think this is actually quite accurate.

Blackwulf

N00b
It's fine, call me a shill. I've been consistently in favor of this game since day 1. I like Firor for daoc. I love elder scrolls. I like most of the design decisions in this game. All that aside, the number one reason I like posting positive things here is that it's fun to argue with goofballs like Utnayan.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't throw darts. If I post it, I know it.

As stated before, and something I should have stuck to but will from now on, that's my final say on the matter.

You are right on half of that though. Blackwulf is a paid shill.

Blackwulf

N00b

As stated before, and something I should have stuck to but will from now on, that's my final say on the matter.

Lol, yeah guys I get 5 bucks a post, didn't you get the memo?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Lol, yeah guys I get 5 bucks a post, didn't you get the memo?
I'm gonna ask for a raise myself . I just got told I am now in charge of designing the level 18+ content that Utnayan claims isn't finished. Anyone have any special requests? Make it simple because I only have 6 weeks to create it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Blackwulf is not a shill. He's just a fanboy.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

I've never seen someone so random and so wrong at the same time as you are right now. But your delusional rantings are funny so please continue.