The Elder Scrolls Online

Gecko_sl

shitlord
The level 1-50 PVE content by design is supposed to replicate the TES single player experience. The group content while leveling is pretty much limited to the private group dungeons. The PVE content starting with VR1 and beyond is designed for groups. Doing the VR1+ PVE quests is best done with 2 or more players while doing VR private dungeons (think elite/heroic dungeons in other MMOs) will obviously require a full group. The adventure zone will require a full group for all of it and is probably the closest thing to classic EQ1 grouping of any MMO released since WoW.
That actually makes a ton of sense if you look at it from the console aspect, similar to how Skyrim was built. The problem is those of us in the PC Master Race want more!

Also, grouping in SWTOR especially with the social choices and inter group class depdencies felt a lot smoother but I guess a lot of that was the game was so derivative of WOW and this one is really much different from EQ/WOW.

The nice thing is I don't feel any need to rush or be on at any set time since it's easy to level. It's kind of a bummer to have a fresh MMO without any sense of urgency, though.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Spill the beans, how broken was it?
It was amazing, I had about 230 stamina regen.. I could sprint for long and it would refill to full in a few seconds.. it would be like 15-20% regen a tick.. could easily sit all day spamming stamina skills then only having to do 1-2 magicka skills before i had enough stamina to spam 2 more stamina skills. lol. I mean it was a nice perk and certainly helped grinding faster but as a vampire my main source of stamina is draining mobs for hp/stam before they die (vamp drain gives me about 50-70% stamina back) then moving onto the next mob to repeat so this was just something that let me do that every other mob instead of every mob. I was hoping I could get higher in VR before nerfed it but oh well. It was a bummer having to gimp myself with 3 pieces of 40 gear when being 50 but worth it.

Also yeah I've seen tons of ESO fanboys putting down people who like to grind. I just find grinding to be more rewarding and feel like Im getting somewhere, whereas questing for me has felt like slavery for a long time now, after all the wow dailies (that made me feel like a job), then rift where it was just like being a robot going spot to spot to spot (and tera and WAR). At least with grinding and my XPView addon I can have a grasp on how long until I level and it gives me motivation. I also like to afk sporadically and when Im in a group I feel stuck to the computer which is something I hate, so having to group for veteran rank era seems sucky and so far I havent had to but man it is a grind. I'm following that VOTF guide and I made it through glenumbra with 3/4th way to VR2, but now VR2 land is giving 18k per saving town/dungeon/world boss/dark anchor so I'm leveling fast but seems like Ill fall short later.

Do mobs ever give more xp? I mean my lord the mobs are giving 82 xp a kill in VR2 land, holy crap. Supposedly the only difference between VR#1-10 mobs is the DMG but have the same hp? I wonder how those VR10 people got there so fast, is grinding dungeons that fast?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Grinding a dungeon at like vr5 was giving like 13k xp per boss kill, it is marginally faster than questing if you have a set group that doesnt waste time or take long breaks. You still have to do alot of the quests in every zone to advance anyway and those storyline quests tend to be the longer quests. There doesnt seem to be a real secret sauce to getting VR rank, some people find some stuff like grinding dungeons that is marginally faster than questing but imo if you played as much questing as those guys who took the absolute fastest path I think you might end up being like r9 when they hit r10.

I am VR8 right now, and have mostly solo quested.

For long term they really need to work on how cyrodiil works, they make the mistake of most modern pvp games and make taking things way way too fast. It should take a long time and lots of work to siege every keep on the map, and bonuses should start to go to the factions that are losing to help them stop losing. People are not gonna give a shit about the pvp in this game because of how McPvP they made it. If they dont alter course they are gonna end up exactly like GW2.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ok thanks for the tip, did you also find yourself going into the next VR zone when not being the same VR? Like I'm followingVoTF Ebonheart grind levelling 3-VR10 - Gaming Articles - VoTFand just doing what they circled, found myself almost VR2 (100k vp away) and going into the VR2 zone. Feels like I should grind 100k of dungeons to make up for that before I do VR2 so I dont find myself being VR2 and in VR3 or VR4 area

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For long term they really need to work on how cyrodiil works, they make the mistake of most modern pvp games and make taking things way way too fast. It should take a long time and lots of work to siege every keep on the map, and bonuses should start to go to the factions that are losing to help them stop losing. People are not gonna give a shit about the pvp in this game because of how McPvP they made it. If they dont alter course they are gonna end up exactly like GW2.
Yeah I agree with this. I could probably make a list of 12 things that are very wrong with Cyrodiil and will basically damn the long term PVP game.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Dungeon Treasure Chests - Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeonsso that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it's ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters - Also based on feedback,we will be placing a timer on how often you can get lootfrom public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.
Is it me, or does it seem like they've wanted to discourage people from running dungeons since the game was designed?

First, they make it so there isn't any reason to run the dungeons after you get a SP because you may/may not get loot for fighting what is supposed to be the hardest mobs per level (dungeon bosses), then when they finally decided to change it (which is a good idea) they put timers on it so that you can't farm them out for gear like in any other mmo.

I mean, there was a quest in Ebonheart where some Ragnor dude was a shade monster. You entered into a room instanced and you killed him. Well, once you kill him you could run out and turn in your quest for one item or, you could sit there and wait for him to respawn every minute or so and farm him for blue loot. Even people who were doing the quest would enter while you were still in the room, kill him with your help and you still got blue items lol. I mean, it was the silliest thing I ever saw. I stayed in there for about 30 minutes until I threw out all my food and worthless shit, walked out with meltable items for crafting. This whole game is like that, as long as you don't leave the instanced room of a 'boss' you're supposed to kill you can stay indefinitely and farm it. If that's that case, why do they worry about people catassing dungeons for 'unlimited loot'?

Sometimes I think this is the most antisocial mmo I've ever played in my life by design.

So much for the cash cow! Will miss grinding the end of dungeons for the extra loot! That was such a money maker for my small group. Loot, mail, loot mail...return to sender and $$$$.
Meh. Just remember, when you enter rooms to kill bosses from quests, don't leave right away. A lot of times they respawn and you can farm them over/over again at least until you leave.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
TBH it did seem a bit broke that people could sit there and farm a fast respawning boss mob without any diminishing returns on loot or xp.. I understand the high volume of new people running in there for first time xp/skyshards requires fast respawn but to give people massive loot seemed backwards. The chests thing too, whenever I did dungeon runs for skill points pre-VR era I recall there always being one guy who specifically ran to each chest instead of helping kill mobs. Pretty low IMO.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Something had to be done because the torch dungeons and public group dungeons have become jokes.

Last night I went thru a torch dungeon, got the skyshard, and got to the final bosses spawn point. There had to be at least 15 players waiting for the boss to spawn. The boss finally spawned and was dead in less than a second. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to tag it. I started to chain cast Wall of Elements so that the next time the boss spawned I could at least tag it. A minute or so later it popped and I got the achievement but no loot. I wasn't going to waste my time sitting there waiting for it to respawn so I left.

Hindsight being 20/20, IMO the torch dungeons should have been solo instances that require the player to defeat the final boss and then you get access to the skyshard.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
TBH it did seem a bit broke that people could sit there and farm a fast respawning boss mob without any diminishing returns on loot or xp.. I understand the high volume of new people running in there for first time xp/skyshards requires fast respawn but to give people massive loot seemed backwards. The chests thing too, whenever I did dungeon runs for skill points pre-VR era I recall there always being one guy who specifically ran to each chest instead of helping kill mobs. Pretty low IMO.
I actually didn't do this until 49, where I kept farming one of the torch (public) dungeon bosses in Coldharbour. He would literally spawn just after my mana filled up from killing him the first time. Volcanic rune is a sweet way to make sure you get enough damage in to loot: It'll fire off before the boss even renders so you get the jump on the other 40 exploiters hovering around the boss!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Even for the few bosses that drop purples I just dont see the point. The xp isnt great doing it and the break down value is only ok, people are gonna want legendary and some epic upgrade components, not a flood of blue crap. Really, whats the benefit of getting 100 blue items that makes it worth sitting and doing something so lame and boring?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Getting real tired of your shit, ESO. Half our raids get bugged out or kicked out of Cyrodiil by the end of the night. I've spent the last hour of both our last two raids sitting in loading screens.
LOL I was wondering where tucos went.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So someone was saying in zone that vampire mist is overpowered.. you can cast while using it in PVP? I tried it lastnight and wouldnt let me use any of my bow skills. Is it one of the morphed skills? I know someone said they used the run speed morphed one instead of their mount, but if the other one that does 5 poison damage is that OP maybe Ill grab it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So someone was saying in zone that vampire mist is overpowered.. you can cast while using it in PVP? I tried it lastnight and wouldnt let me use any of my bow skills. Is it one of the morphed skills? I know someone said they used the run speed morphed one instead of their mount, but if the other one that does 5 poison damage is that OP maybe Ill grab it.
Evasive mist gives a boost to move speed - is spamable - and renders you untargetable.

It's very op, very very op.

You are at a distinct disadvantage in PVP if you do not run mist form.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RvR last night :

NoEaivj.png

PvP combat is fun (when infinite loadings and crashes aren't around) but as Tuco said there is no metagame or real incentive for "competitive" guilds : claiming a keep is worthless, you don't see guildtags and there is no structure to challenge other guilds / servers like GW2 did. Guilds in RvR are like Dwemer in Elder Scrolls lore ; everyone knows they exist, you just never "see" them. Big guilds will be driven off the game if Zenimax doesn't commit around them. Simple thing to do would be to add guildtag to names, tho it's way better than GW2 and its nameless RvR.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
right but can you attack while in mist form? someone was saying people were able to do that in pvp but with non morphed mist I tried it, couldnt do anything except run in circles. But yeah the movement speed is nice. I could probably just kite people with it as an archer

also if any ebonheart VR guilds LFM hit me up, need to get into a group to do VR questing or dungeons on ebonheart side, NA. almost vr2 bow nightblade.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
RvR last night :

PvP combat is fun (when infinite loadings and crashes aren't around) but as Tuco said there is no metagame or real incentive for "competitive" guilds : claiming a keep is worthless, you don't see guildtags and there is no structure to challenge other guilds / servers like GW2 did. Guilds in RvR are like Dwemer in Elder Scrolls lore ; everyone knows they exist, you just never "see" them. Big guilds will be driven off the game if Zenimax doesn't commit around them. Simple thing to do would be to add guildtag to names, tho it's way better than GW2 and its nameless RvR.
This stems from the keep sieges being too fast I think. If keep sieges were slower the meta game would pick up, you would have guilds coming up with strategies to cut off reinforcements, to pressure other points to draw attention away etc etc. On the same token if keeps flipped less often being the guild that takes and upgrades a keep would actually matter and maybe give guilds some notoriety.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Even for the few bosses that drop purples I just dont see the point. The xp isnt great doing it and the break down value is only ok, people are gonna want legendary and some epic upgrade components, not a flood of blue crap. Really, whats the benefit of getting 100 blue items that makes it worth sitting and doing something so lame and boring?
No easier way to farm turpin, pitch, honing stones or anything else for crafting. Loot pi?ata mini-bosses will give you far more than running around the map trying to dig them up or buying at inflated prices.

Vitality

HUSTLE
This stems from the keep sieges being too fast I think. If keep sieges were slower the meta game would pick up, you would have guilds coming up with strategies to cut off reinforcements, to pressure other points to draw attention away etc etc. On the same token if keeps flipped less often being the guild that takes and upgrades a keep would actually matter and maybe give guilds some notoriety.
I employ some of these strategies in the groups I'm a part of without going into too great of detail.

Results of said strategies are more than favorable even in todays meta.

Our largest limiting factor currently is the loading screen QQ