The Elder Scrolls Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
But if as Rescorla says ZO specifically wanted 1-50 to be as close to TES single player as possible, how does it hold up then? Just as good? Almost as good? Better?
IMO? the combat is better.
Quests are well done
Story arc is there
Exploration is there although not to the level of ES (downfall of being an mmo)
Other shit like the freedom of ES is not, like stealing shit, etc..

All in all I felt like it was an ES game but definitely things lacking because it is an mmo. other things were improved upon, like combat and of course there is the whole multiplayer thing which adds to any game.

Obviously you cannot do certain things in an mmo like you can in single player and vice versa. (example: exploring the entire world at lv 1) But it did feel like an ES game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is this game shaping up to be the biggest clusterfuck since Diablo 3?
No. SimCity was a bigger clusterfuck than Diablo3.

I'd really hate to be the guys that have to design the area for Skyrim in TESO. No matter what you do you're not going to approach TESV:Skyrim because of the difference in budget, talent and focus

Gecko_sl

shitlord
That for whatever reason, the end result is a poor, bland, mediocre experience that doesn't in any way live up to the single player experience, which on top of requiring a sub fee (or possible cash shop in a few months?), would ultimately turn people off and hurt the series in general.

Yeah we'll find out in a few weeks. What's the measurement of success here that we should compare to? The long line of Elder Scrolls games? A WoW killer? SWTOR/AoC/Warhammer? Diablo 3? GuildWars 2?
Well, their measurement will be dollars and cents. My measurement will be if I get 90 days of playtime out of it, which is more than the most MMOs and the last two WOW expansions gave me, personally.

There are some valid complaints, and some trolling based on baseless feedback. We'll see when the game releases. I think it'll be playable with typical glitches. It is not the barren wasteland of content some falsely said it was a short while ago.

You can't compare single player and MMOs <yet>. Hopefully that day isn't too far off. I'm still a tad bummed this isn't more sandbox, although the game world is fun and there are some open elements.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure I should feel special or creeped out, but my latest post must of hit a button or two, UT private messaged me. Given his history here, I'm leaning with creeped out

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
No matter what you do you're not going to approach TESV:Skyrim because of the difference in ...
... how moddable the games are. Bethesda Softworks shipped a buggy, ugly game IMO. The modding community turned it into an often fun, beautiful game. ZOS would do well by this game by at least releasing a high-res texture pack or allowing the community to make one.

Edit: TBH though, I wouldn't use a high-res texture pack for TESO at this point. My hardware is on the older side, so I'm pretty okay with the graphical concessions ZOS made to make Cyrodiil happen.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well, their measurement will be dollars and cents. My measurement will be if I get 90 days of playtime out of it, which is more than the most MMOs and the last two WOW expansions gave me, personally.

There are some valid complaints, and some trolling based on baseless feedback. We'll see when the game releases. I think it'll be playable with typical glitches. It is not the barren wasteland of content some falsely said it was a short while ago.

You can't compare single player and MMOs <yet>. Hopefully that day isn't too far off. I'm still a tad bummed this isn't more sandbox, although the game world is fun and there are some open elements.
Given all the feedback/trolling in this thread, do you feel like you'll meet your measurement goal of 90 days? I have a similar goal in mind, but am growing increasingly worried that it won't make it.

I'd appreciate your opinion here.

Thanks,
Vitality

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not sure I should feel special or creeped out, but my latest post must of hit a button or two, UT private messaged me. Given his history here, I'm leaning with creeped out
Your last few posts have been nearly 100% inflamatory, I'd imagine the pm had something to do with that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
... how moddable the games are. Bethesda Softworks shipped a buggy, ugly game IMO. The modding community turned it into an often fun, beautiful game. ZOS would do well by this game by at least releasing a high-res texture pack or allowing the community to make one.
I've got about 60 mods weighing in at a total of 18 gigs, all packaged up using about 8 different utilities from skse, nexus, boss, wyre, enb rendering shit and a handful of automatic mod generation and I really disagree with you. Maybe I'm just comparing Skyrim to Oblivion, but vanilla skyrim is a very playable, beautiful game. Modded, however, it's in a league only occupied by also modded games (crysis, GTAIV etc) in terms of visuals.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I know... I'm sorry, this is really complicated. Let's try it again.

Obviously my concern isNOTthe "bug" butthe pile of unfinished contentshown in that video. See, you said....

...and then I showed a video where that clearly wasn't the case. I know, I know... the weekend beta build is a completely different build than the closed beta... blab, blah, blah. Point being, that's an awfully unfinished portion of the game. Why not take this opportunity to provide evidence to the contrary? To prove to the masses that "the PvE content is finished and ready to launch" like you claim.

We'll accept videos or screenshots as form of payment.
I get the impression you think you are making a profound point and that you have me in a "gotcha" moment. Pat yourself on the back if you need to.

The Rift zone, of which Riften is a POI, is still under NDA. If you have somehow convinced yourself that a video of a guy who fell thru the world is somehow proof that The Rift zone is unfinished and unpopulated, you are more than welcome to go to ESOhead.com and see what all they have data mined from that zone.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I get the impression you think you are making a profound point and that you have me in a "gotcha" moment. Pat yourself on the back if you need to.

The Rift zone, of which Riften is a POI, is still under NDA. If you have somehow convinced yourself that a video of a guy who fell thru the world is somehow proof that The Rift zone is unfinished and unpopulated, you are more than welcome to go to ESOhead.com and see what all they have data mined from that zone.
I'm not surprised in the least on how this exchange ended. Shill on!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Given all the feedback/trolling in this thread, do you feel like you'll meet your measurement goal of 90 days? I have a similar goal in mind, but am growing increasingly worried that it won't make it.

Thanks,
Vitality
How many hours a week would you be playing? We had people play nonstop and get to veteran ranks in a few days. Others are taking a more casual approach and obviously taking a lot longer.

The ones who rushed to veteran rank are the hardcore MMOers who want to do AvA and veteran dungeons. The ones taking their time tend to be the hardcore TES fans.

Grave_sl

shitlord
Rift is in and finished, otherwise EP players couldn't advance to CH and into the other alliance content, which plenty have done. Vid is just a bug, although admittedly it is interesting that it didn't just load up the proper zone. Not sure why it wouldn't either.

Gecko_sl

shitlord

I enjoyed the gameplay enough to preorder, but my personal experiences in game are extremely limited so your guess is as good as mine. I'm worried about the bugs and the group content. I respect Tuco's opinion because I've not seen him ever act like a bullshitter, and it sounds like the PVP has potential which would definitely add some time assuming one can get to the endgame in two months. As you said there is a lot of trolling going on.

At this point I'll be really surprised if I don't get a good three months playtime out of this. I think if the PVP is half as fun as it looks, it could be longer but I'm aiming pretty low.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Rift is in and finished, otherwise EP players couldn't advance to CH and into the other alliance content, which plenty have done. Vid is just a bug, although admittedly it is interesting that it didn't just load up the proper zone. Not sure why it wouldn't either.
You shill!!

That idiot would rather believe Utnayan than use his brain and apply some common sense.

an accordion_sl

shitlord

K, will you post an SS of the zone after the NDA is lifted?