Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Fall Guy (2024)

Tagline: The stuntman becomes the hero.

Genre: Action, Comedy, Thriller

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt, Winston Duke, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Hannah Waddingham, Stephanie Hsu, Teresa Palmer, Lee Majors

Release: 2024-02-28

Plot: A battered and past-his-prime stuntman finds himself back on a movie with the star for whom he doubled long ago and who replaced him. The wrinkle, however, is that the star has gone missing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to admit, that was not a show I have thought about in a long time.

1699210752508.jpeg

It was a pretty descent show. I liked Lee Majors more In The Six Million Dollar Man.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Have to admit, that was not a show I have thought about in a long time

It's amazing how early childhood memories can get unlocked, but also with vivid recollection of the details like the weird mushroom thing in that clip

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, it ran from '81 to '86. I remember it, but probably on rebroadcast. I never actually watched it, but the trailer looks good enough.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Lee Majors will be remembered decades after Ryan Gosling is forgotten. Loved the original show. This looks like hyperbolic stupidity...

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I started to write that it looked like a cross between Drive + A Place Beyond the Pines +, but my brain forgot what the next film was before I finished typing. That was a few days ago and it still hasn't come back to me.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I started to write that it looked like a cross between Drive + A Place Beyond the Pines +, but my brain forgot what the next film was before I finished typing. That was a few days ago and it still hasn't come back to me.
+ Barbie because both of those films are about 100 times more serious than this film is looking.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lee Majors will be remembered decades after Ryan Gosling is forgotten. Loved the original show. This looks like hyperbolic stupidity...
its because these movie/TV remakes mock/subvert more than they revere the original properties.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Have to admit, that was not a show I have thought about in a long time.

View attachment 499014

It was a pretty descent show. I liked Lee Majors more In The Six Million Dollar Man.

I just started rewatching it last month.

I gotta say, if they use the theme song, I am in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remembered for what, and by whom? It's not like there is a Nick at Night that is showing old TV shows that today's zoomers are lining up to watch. In no small part because they mostly watch TikTok/Twitch/Youtube. Even in the 2000s, were any of those reruns being played on TV? How do late millennials know who he is?

While I know the sound effects of the Six Million Dollar Man and the intro music to Fall Guy, I have never seen a full episode of either of them. I couldn't pick Lee Majors out of a line up, whereas Ryan Gosling I could easily ID(mostly due to BR2049). If they were on in the 90's maybe those reruns ran opposite of something else I watched, like Magnum PI, I Dream of Jeannie, Dobie Gillis, or MASH, in my neck of the woods.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Remembered for what, and by whom? It's not like there is a Nick at Night that is showing old TV shows that today's zoomers are lining up to watch. In no small part because they mostly watch TikTok/Twitch/Youtube. Even in the 2000s, were any of those reruns being played on TV? How do late millennials know who he is?

While I know the sound effects of the Six Million Dollar Man and the intro music to Fall Guy, I have never seen a full episode of either of them. I couldn't pick Lee Majors out of a line up, whereas Ryan Gosling I could easily ID(mostly due to BR2049). If they were on in the 90's maybe those reruns ran opposite of something else I watched, like Magnum PI, I Dream of Jeannie, Dobie Gillis, or MASH, in my neck of the woods.
he just means kids of the 70s and 80s will know who Lee Majors was long after Ryan Gosling has moved on and his generation have no memory of him. Gosling is nobody to an old geezer like me. Lee Majors was The Six Million Dollar Man, i watched every episode, i had the lunchbox, i had the action figure with the xray eye. i wanted to be the SMDM (which is actually something you never wanted to be in reality). he was a big deal. he was also macho, chicks like macho over being a prettyboy. or they used to, who the fuck knows anymore. us boys wanted to be grown up and macho. it was a thing.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
he just means kids of the 70s and 80s will know who Lee Majors was long after Ryan Gosling has moved on and his generation have no memory of him. Gosling is nobody to an old geezer like me. Lee Majors was The Six Million Dollar Man, i watched every episode, i had the lunchbox. i wanted to be the SMDM (which is actually something you never wanted to be in reality). he was a big deal. he was also macho, chicks like macho over being a prettyboy. or they used to, who the fuck knows anymore.
You will be dead long before reruns of the Barbie movie stop being shown to the next generation of brave independent women. More people have seen the original Blade Runner movie today than the Six Million Dollar Man or Fall Guy, so it stands to reason, long after you're dead, people will still be watching BR2049.

My money is firmly on Ryan's name lasting longer than Lee's in the collective memory...at least if AI doesn't murder us all first.

• 1Picard

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You will be dead long before reruns of the Barbie movie stop being shown to the next generation of brave independent women. More people have seen the original Blade Runner movie today than the Six Million Dollar Man or Fall Guy, so it stands to reason, long after you're dead, people will still be watching BR2049.

My money is firmly on Ryan's name lasting longer than Lee's in the collective memory...at least if AI doesn't murder us all first.
i will avatar bet you that in 2050 more people will know who Lee Majors was than Ryan Gosling. see you then! :p

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I didn't even know Lee majors was still alive or that he was/is still acting in stuff.

Gosling is a genuine a lister

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lee Majors was also in the somewhat prophetic Last Chase, a very underrated movie. Dude was legendary in his prime and even got a bit part in Vice City as a biker crime boss. I like Gosling for some of what he has done, but Majors was a fucking institution.

• 1Like

Goatface

majors is also part of a Christmas classic

also supposedly he has a cameo in this.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lee Majors was also in the somewhat prophetic Last Chase, a very underrated movie. Dude was legendary in his prime and even got a bit part in Vice City as a biker crime boss. I like Gosling for some of what he has done, but Majors was a fucking institution.
it even has Burgess Meredith flying a badass Sabrejet.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>

My money is firmly on Ryan's name lasting longer than Lee's in the collective memory...at least if AI doesn't murder us all first.Th
Ummmm

the Original Blade Runner was with Harrison Ford and was FAR SUPERIOR (in all of it's re-releases and edits) than RG's piece of crap.

Lee Majors walked the walk and talked the talk. He blurred the lines between actor and reality. He was bigger than life in age when a screen was 10 inches by diameter.

Super easy to be a big shot movie star today and be a pansy in real life. Ironically, the only person in this era that you can compare him to is Tom Cruise (and there really is only a 22-year age gap between them). But Tom Cruise is such a bizarre dude that you actually can't compare them at all...

Lee dated the hottest women in the world, did his own stunts (for a while), hung out with his fans. He was the equivalent of a Stephen Segal/Chuck Norris but on a real world/suburban/not make-believe scale.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database