The Fall Guy (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ummmm

the Original Blade Runner was with Harrison Ford and was FAR SUPERIOR (in all of it's re-releases and edits) than RG's piece of crap.

Lee Majors walked the walk and talked the talk. He blurred the lines between actor and reality. He was bigger than life in age when a screen was 10 inches by diameter.

Super easy to be a big shot movie star today and be a pansy in real life. Ironically, the only person in this era that you can compare him to is Tom Cruise (and there really is only a 22-year age gap between them). But Tom Cruise is such a bizarre dude that you actually can't compare them at all...

Lee dated the hottest women in the world, did his own stunts (for a while), hung out with his fans. He was the equivalent of a Stephen Segal/Chuck Norris but on a real world/suburban/not make-believe scale.
maybe Hugh Jackman is a decent "macho" guy still around, but he's not a young guy either.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ummmm

the Original Blade Runner was with Harrison Ford and was FAR SUPERIOR (in all of it's re-releases and edits) than RG's piece of crap.

Lee Majors walked the walk and talked the talk. He blurred the lines between actor and reality. He was bigger than life in age when a screen was 10 inches by diameter.

Super easy to be a big shot movie star today and be a pansy in real life. Ironically, the only person in this era that you can compare him to is Tom Cruise (and there really is only a 22-year age gap between them). But Tom Cruise is such a bizarre dude that you actually can't compare them at all...

Lee dated the hottest women in the world, did his own stunts (for a while), hung out with his fans. He was the equivalent of a Stephen Segal/Chuck Norris but on a real world/suburban/not make-believe scale.
Most of that is just your feels and none of it matters to what lives on in the collective memory. Blade Runner 2049 is sitting at 8.0 on IMDB with 600K+ votes and Blade Runner (1982) is at a whole 8.1 with 800k+ votes. In contrast the Six Million Dollar Man has a rating of 7.1 with 12k+ votes and Fall Guy has a 7.1 rating with 8.5k votes.

It's not even close. Hell, might as well stick a fork in the memory of Lee Majors today, let alone "in decades!"

P.S. I'm not arguing who is a cooler cat or who I would rather have dinner with, only that Gossling will last longer in the collective memory of the US/world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lee's biggest success was in TV that doesn't get any airplay anymore. A movie actor with prominent critical and financial successes that has been Oscar nominated twice and may very well win one before he's done is going to have way more lasting cultural awareness, especially when you factor in the 30 to 40 year difference between their peak periods.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Most of that is just your feels and none of it matters to what lives on in the collective memory. Blade Runner 2049 is sitting at 8.0 on IMDB with 600K+ votes and Blade Runner (1982) is at a whole 8.1 with 800k+ votes. In contrast the Six Million Dollar Man has a rating of 7.1 with 12k+ votes and Fall Guy has a 7.1 rating with 8.5k votes.

It's not even close. Hell, might as well stick a fork in the memory of Lee Majors today, let alone "in decades!"

P.S. I'm not arguing who is a cooler cat or who I would rather have dinner with, only that Gossling will last longer in the collective memory of the US/world.
I guess I have to yield to evidence.

But I completely get your point... and I think I would rather hang out with Lee Majors or Scott Bakula than Gossling. But it's all fantasyland with no basis in reality (for me). Who knows?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20231113-092958-534.png

Seems like he's trying to be consistent on that front.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I love the original Blade Runner but 2049 was a "piece of crap"? Dull that edge a bit.