The Fast Food Thread

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have one for bulk items on things I buy often + cheaper on some items(though its pretty close when it comes to meat/gas between costco/on-base, but base is much farther out of the way). But also a big part is the people. If I ask a question they seem to genuinely not mind helping and will try their hardest to solve my issue. I ask someone in walmart for help and its like I just ruined their day, making them waste their precious time and usually get a quick rude answer designed to get me away from them pronto to become someone else's problem.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have one for bulk items on things I buy often + cheaper on some items(though its pretty close when it comes to meat/gas between costco/on-base, but base is much farther out of the way). But also a big part is the people. If I ask a question they seem to genuinely not mind helping and will try their hardest to solve my issue. I ask someone in walmart for help and its like I just ruined their day, making them waste their precious time and usually get a quick rude answer designed to get me away from them pronto to become someone else's problem.
Yeah, it's almost like the employees at Costco are paid almost twice as much as the employees at Walmart..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it's almost like the employees at Costco are paid almost twice as much as the employees at Walmart..
And?

I made minimum wage @ my first job during highschool and didn't treat my customers like shit just because I was getting paid the lowest possible amount.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And?

I made minimum wage @ my first job during highschool and didn't treat my customers like shit just because I was getting paid the lowest possible amount.
"...during high school..." it's a little different when they're older and making that kind of wage.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Honestly, the customer service my wife and I got today was pretty piss poor and ended up being the determining factor in us not getting a membership.

Though you don't need to be a member to buy from their cafe so at least there's that.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
A chain called Sprouts just opened near me and their prices on meats and produce are unbelievable. Every other week their Chicken Breast goes on sale for $1.75 a pound. Costco can't touch that.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Continuing the only way Australia can really contribute to this thread, even though chocolate's not really fast food.

Also, been wanting to ask, why do you all keep calling burgers from places like Macca's, BK, Wendy's etc sandwiches and not burgers?

rrr_img_98005.jpg

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Haven't tried it yet, will reply back with results when I do but it's got caramel in it so can't all bad...and things like PB & V or the cheese slices with vegemite through them always taste good so I'm expecting greatness

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A chain called Sprouts just opened near me and their prices on meats and produce are unbelievable. Every other week their Chicken Breast goes on sale for $1.75 a pound. Costco can't touch that.
I went into a Sprouts when I was in Phoenix last week. The produce and meat looked atrocious. Would not buy.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Let's be honest, you can be fat as fuck at Costco... but it doesn't have to be! lol.

10lb bag of M&M's? Yes please. 25lb bag of Doritos? Sure, why not? And probably the worse of it all? All the damn good frozen foods that are quick, easy, and so un-healthy for you!
Yeah this. Me and the wife go to Costco, but it's not really economical if you cook your own food and its just 3 in your family. It's fine if you want to be fat and make your children fat and unhealthy and eat nothing but garbage. Sure, they have veggies and stuff. But like, I dont need bulk amounts of ingredients to cook our own shit and me and the wife tend to cook our food most of the time. I made a mistake once of buying like a 10lb bag of spaghetti seasoning. Shit was good for 3 years, and then ended up throwing it away after it expired with over half of it still there.

Oh, I guess I'm weird about the cheese on burgers deal. To me, a Bacon McDouble is just too dry, but the cheese gives it extra flavor. I don't care for cheddar on burgers though it always has to be american cheese. I'm always about extra cheese. But yeah, bacon. Mmmm bacon.

Speaking of bacon... best restraunt ever.http://baconaustin.com/

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
At Costco I tend to bypass most of the dry goods unless it is something I tend to use daily. Some spices, crackers, pickles, stuff like that. But for the most part, I mean really, unless you are on 19 and Counting who the fuck needs a Costco sized box of minimuffins or granola bars? Same with most of the frozen stuff. I may occasionally get some fish out of there, but other than that no thx. Nobody needs 270 pizza bagels. not even doom music...

joz123

Potato del Grande
The huge box of granola bars is good. Don't always have time for breakfast in the morning so a granola bar is a decent alternative, and they last a while. The big container of taco seasoning is the best deal to me. I use the stuff a lot and buying them at the grocery store is way more expensive.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Love my CostCo membership and only use it for 2 things mostly...1kg boxes of baby spinach leaves and pre-cooked/sliced chicken breast. The spinach saves about $10 over buying from supermarket and the chicken means I can have chicken stir-fry done in under 5 minutes even if I forget to pull things out of the freezer before going to work.

Vaclav

Yeah this. Me and the wife go to Costco, but it's not really economical if you cook your own food and its just 3 in your family. It's fine if you want to be fat and make your children fat and unhealthy and eat nothing but garbage. Sure, they have veggies and stuff. But like, I dont need bulk amounts of ingredients to cook our own shit and me and the wife tend to cook our food most of the time.
You do know you can freeze most proteins for at least 6 months, right?

That's basically my biggest determining factor in buying stuff at a club store (BJ's in my case - few Costco's in Florida and Sam's is inconvenient) - if it freezes I'll get it - otherwise it's gotta be something I use within the month.

Also the deli is just fucking amazing - since there's no quantity limitations but usually at least 0.50/lb better than the groceries. Half pound of everything? Sure thing. (Plus they insist on giving samples for every batch your getting - the one time I refused they got grumpy with me - end up eating basically a meal worth of lunchmeat for free from them forcing the sampling on me, hah)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I've never seen a deli at Costco. Either I'm blind or you've got something special. Samples on everything is standard fare for delis though.

The big container of taco seasoning is the best deal to me. I use the stuff a lot and buying them at the grocery store is way more expensive.
Imagine how great the deal on chili pepper and cumin is!

Vaclav

I've never seen a deli at Costco. Either I'm blind or you've got something special. Samples on everything is standard fare for delis though.
As I stated in my post - BJs in my case - forget in my Costco back in Maryland back when they were my go-to had a Deli - did Deli at the grocery still before the move.