The Fast Food Thread

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Mormons are specifically forbidden to drink coffee. Some of them expand this to include anything with caffeine in it but not all of them. I am not a Mormon but I have some good friends who are.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sonic lime or watermelon slushy with a squirt of their mint flavoring is pretty good.

Anyways, if you are in Houston, Frank's Grill give you like literally 3lb of delicious, lightly battered chicken tenders and a Belgian waffle for $8 bucks. I don't understand how they do it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd flip the fuck out of a burger for 90k a year.
You say that until you're having to spend most weekends at Sonic instead of out spending the fucking money you made because of unreliable fucking teenagers.

The friend that tried to get me on ended up having to work 100+ hours a week for the better part of a year and his arches collapsed, he ended up having to quit and used the majority of the money he made on medical bills.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's just poor management. Having to cover occasionally is a given, but 100 hour weeks is total mismanagement.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You don't get workman's comp if you are the owner. If he didn't have insurance though, that's on him.

And working minimum wage workers is kind of like that. When I was a security guard in college I got made a shift superviser towards the end of the time I worked there and my whole job for the last two hours of my shift was trying to cover for people who called in and we only had like 24 people. There were like 4 people who were willing to come in and cover other people's shifts and I got to the point where I could hardly stand to call them every Sunday night. You can fire people, but then you have to train a new employee who will most likely be just as shitty as the one you fired. All you get at that wage level are teenagers and flakey/alcoholic/retarded adults and none of them are reliable. Also, they all drive piece of shit cars which are not reliable either.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
You don't get workman's comp if you are the owner. If he didn't have insurance though, that's on him.

And working minimum wage workers is kind of like that. When I was a security guard in college I got made a shift superviser towards the end of the time I worked there and my whole job for the last two hours of my shift was trying to cover for people who called in and we only had like 24 people. There were like 4 people who were willing to come in and cover other people's shifts and I got to the point where I could hardly stand to call them every Sunday night. You can fire people, but then you have to train a new employee who will most likely be just as shitty as the one you fired. All you get at that wage level are teenagers and flakey/alcoholic/retarded adults and none of them are reliable. Also, they all drive piece of shit cars which are not reliable either.
^

Not to mention this was in a smaller town, if there was some kind of event going on(prom, pep rally, bon fire) you can guarantee none of them were coming in. There were atleast 5 instances where I had to call him in to cover prior to that ownership offer, I would cook and he would take orders and run food.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Then you take care of your shit and bill your business for everything since you are going to quit anyway. Guy was a moron.

Just a bad idea to own a fast food place in a small town. Too small of a labor pool to pick from.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
^

Not to mention this was in a smaller town, if there was some kind of event going on(prom, pep rally, bon fire) you can guarantee none of them were coming in. There were atleast 5 instances where I had to call him in to cover prior to that ownership offer, I would cook and he would take orders and run food.
Im not going to lie. I ditched work for Everquest raids 3-4 times in 99 LOL

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Im not going to lie. I ditched work for Everquest raids 3-4 times in 99 LOL
The entire Software Etc store that I managed circa 99-2000 was all in the same EQ guild. Fucking sucked for raids and everyone wanting the same evenings off work. I can't tell you how many times I had employees call in sick, so I'd log onto EQ and there they would be. I'd see them log off right after I logged on, lol.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The entire Software Etc store that I managed circa 99-2000 was all in the same EQ guild. Fucking sucked for raids and everyone wanting the same evenings off work. I can't tell you how many times I had employees call in sick, so I'd log onto EQ and there they would be. I'd see them log off right after I logged on, lol.
software etc man that place was awesome

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Unfortunately we eventually became Gamestop, everything started to suck, and I quit, and now they suck even more. Every friend I still had in upper management there has bailed in the last 12-18 months, that company is sinking fast. They're going to be Blockbuster in a couple more years. Kinda sad. And to keep from derailing the fast food thread...

Now that the weather is getting warm, anyone have a preference on ice cream from widely-available fast food places? I generally hit up Dairy Queen or Culvers, but I'm open to other ideas in case I'm missing a hidden gem out there somewhere.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Unfortunately we eventually became Gamestop, everything started to suck, and I quit, and now they suck even more. Every friend I still had in upper management there has bailed in the last 12-18 months, that company is sinking fast. They're going to be Blockbuster in a couple more years. Kinda sad. And to keep from derailing the fast food thread...

Now that the weather is getting warm, anyone have a preference on ice cream from widely-available fast food places? I generally hit up Dairy Queen or Culvers, but I'm open to other ideas in case I'm missing a hidden gem out there somewhere.
I just discovered Culvers cement mixers. Oh dang, that was good. I gotta go get me some more of that!

Matter of fact I think that I will get one on the way home!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

Cold Stone is my go-to ice cream.